has axl got any more?

aussie_axl

locomotive is my fav gnr song of all time! it's a classic!, so far on cd.... we have heard pop rock songs and ballard's, do you think the axe man has this hard rock left in him, i hope he remembers that rock N roll is what this band was about.

Edited by aussie_axl

AXL is the melody maker.... Slash was the riff artist... and togheter, they meshed perfectly !! Today, Axl want 100% control...so we have ballads and mid tempo melody songs.... Or Fink horrible riffs, like on Chinese Democracy and OMG...

At least, TWAt rocks somewhat.... but forget another Jungle, YCBM, SCOM, Coma....

Chinese Democracy is pretty hard rock. Nothing like the old songs, but way harder than Better, There Was A Time, Catcher In The Rye, The Blues, Madagascar, and IRS. The IRS that leaked in April or whatever was pretty hard too, but the one that leaked afterwards, the one with Robin playing the solo, has way less energy.

I think Axls still got it in him, as far a performing goes. But Axl didnt write most of the rockers back in the day, that was mostly Izzy or both of them did it together. It will be interesting to see what the more energetic songs will be like comming from Axl with the new band instead of Izzy and Slash. Because we all know he can write great ballads on his own.

Edited by sweetness

well we need a good mix of everything! thats the reason why gnr took over the world!, i'll be very pissed if theres no rockers, the ballards are good, but fuck people will get bored with the same shit, the short angry part in better rocks!.

Edited by aussie_axl

I uh LOVE Locomotive. One of my favourites.

There could be a good mix of songs, I doubt Axl would limit himself.

He comes across open minded about music so I a guess that'll xome through on the record.

Yeah like a mix of everything. Axl is rock n roll I don't see GNR comin out with a pop record or anything like that anytime soon.

Maybe have something that appeals to everyone. With different musicians from the last record there will be a lot of different infleunces too but I reckon there'lllll be a few rockers.

GNR are a rock band.

Really he'll make whtever the hell he feels like making and it'll most probably be amazing.

If the other rockers on in the same vain as Chinese Democracy and IRS, I think we are in for some kick ass rock n roll songs.

the live versions of CD suck ass, sad but true, it's a boring song! too industrial man, industrial isn't cool, it's for fags!, irs could be good.....but it's so slow and bores me to tears!, lets hope it's only the demo.

there no locomotive baby!

BUT MY BABY'S GOT A LOCOMOTIVE

MY BABY'S GONE OFF THE TRACK

MY BABY'S GOT A LOCOMOTIVE

GOT TA PEEL THE BITCH OFF MY BACK

I KNOW IT LOOKS LIKE I'M INSANE

TAKE A CLOSER LOOK I'M NOT TO BLAME

NO

rock3rock4rock3

AFFECTION IS A BLESSING

CAN YOU FIND IT IN YOUR TORRID HEART

I TRIED TO KEEP THIS THING TA-GETHER

BUT THE TREMOR TORE MY PAD APART

YEAH I KNOW IT'S HARD TO FACE

WHEN ALL WE'VE WORKED FOR'S GONE TO WASTE

BUT YOU'RE SUCH A STUPID WOMAN

AND I'M SUCH A STUPID MAN

BUT LOVE LIKE TIME'S GOT IT'S OWN PLANS

The middle part of Better is the heaviest thing GN'R have ever written. That we have heard to date. I dont know, that part sounds pretty fuckin rockin to me.

"I NEVER WANTED YOU TO BE SO FULL OF ANGER"

That part is so kick ass.

i agree we need more, lots more, 30 seconds in one song isn't enough in my books.

The middle part of Better is the heaviest thing GN'R have ever written. That we have heard to date. I dont know, that part sounds pretty fuckin rockin to me.

"I NEVER WANTED YOU TO BE SO FULL OF ANGER"

That part is so kick ass.

i agree we need more, lots more, 30 seconds in one song isn't enough in my books.

I so agree! The part where the solo ends with the killswitch on and off.. GOD !! I wouldn't expect anything slash could have put in that part to be so fitting on that outro run to the killswitch in the solo; and this is coming from a slash fan!

I replay that part a bunch of times whenever I listen to the song, because I get so pumped off of it.

2000 posts!

Edited by kevin

Or Fink horrible riffs, like on Chinese Democracy and OMG...

At least, TWAt rocks somewhat.... but forget another Jungle, YCBM, SCOM, Coma....

yeah Oh My God's, if i'm not mistaken, guitar parts were created by Paul Tobias... so make sure your info is correct before slinging mudd. and the riff on Chinese D is quite good, i just think its just a bit overused in the song.

The chinese democracy songs I've heard on the net sound excellant, I loved the words to sex drugs and rock n roll, very droll!

I'm eagerly awaiting the release of this album and feel pretty positive that it'll be out later this year, I'm so optimistic I'm putting it on my christmas pressie list!!

Jo

Locomotive and Don't Dame Me are the UYI tunes. Both talk about illusions.

I could listen to those two songe for eternity. I love them with a fucking passion.

Hope CD has a couple rockers like that. I love TWAT but it's not a rocker.

You're not gonna get anything like these. Both of em were written by that old lead guitar player, the one with the hat.

Locomotive and Don't Dame Me are the UYI tunes. Both talk about illusions.

I could listen to those two songe for eternity. I love them with a fucking passion.

Hope CD has a couple rockers like that. I love TWAT but it's not a rocker.

You're not gonna get anything like these. Both of em were written by that old lead guitar player, the one with the hat.

00 U M34N D47 8uCK37H34d M4n!!!!1 HiZ 0Rsum!!