Jimi Hendrix: Blues

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789

As if we needed proof that Jimi was a master of the Blues, this compilation is spectacular. Great respect for traditions allows for great innovations.

As if we needed proof that Jimi was a master of the Blues, this compilation is spectacular. Great respect for traditions allows for great innovations.

I was just listening to it earlier :)

I've got it on now :) .

How's Greensboro?

How's Greensboro?

It's pretty good. Some cool people, some not-so-cool people. The coolest people are in the international house, for the most part. Some of my professors are complete pricks, pompous asses that want you to know that they are better than you, and that you are stupid. But some are really cool.

The campus is pretty nice, the recreational facilities are fantastic. For example, my room overlooks a pretty forest (can't wait for the leaves to change color) that goes over hills and has a walking trail through the middle, with a free student golf course in the clearing.

I can't wait to capitalize on their super-cheap backpacking, climbing, and white-water rafting expeditions.

How's Greensboro?

It's pretty good. Some cool people, some not-so-cool people. The coolest people are in the international house, for the most part. Some of my professors are complete pricks, pompous asses that want you to know that they are better than you, and that you are stupid. But some are really cool.

The campus is pretty nice, the recreational facilities are fantastic. For example, my room overlooks a pretty forest (can't wait for the leaves to change color) that goes over hills and has a walking trail through the middle, with a free student golf course in the clearing.

I can't wait to capitalize on their super-cheap backpacking, climbing, and white-water rafting expeditions.

Sounds above average, hope all goes well!

Blues is a great album. I particularly like "Catfish Blues"

As for the BBC sessions, it's good, but nothing revelatory. I would only recommend it to hardcore Hendrix fans.

On a side note, I just got several of Jimi's home demos. It's really cool to hear his songs in the development stages. "Angel" and "1983" as especially good. I don't know if this stuff is commercially available though.

On a side note, I just got several of Jimi's home demos. It's really cool to hear his songs in the development stages. "Angel" and "1983" as especially good. I don't know if this stuff is commercially available though.

I've got that, it's interesting.

johnezz, did you know that "Ten Years After" is touring without the deceased Alvin Lee? Or so I heard...