a theory

Hanoi Rocks

So Jimmy Iovine (head of interscope) has heard 6 new GnR tracks, so i think this means that Axl has send those tracks to Jimmy, that Jimmy could choose the best song that Interscope can release as a single!! That means CD is closer of it´s release then ever!!! First single may drop maybe in 2-3 weeks, i think!

So Jimmy Iovine (head of interscope) has heard 6 new GnR tracks, so i think this means that Axl has send those tracks to Jimmy, that Jimmy could choose the best song that Interscope can release as a single!! That means CD is closer of it´s release then ever!!! First single may drop maybe in 2-3 weeks, i think!

could be or the article could be a fraud

gunsguy

Interesting theory, But if Axl doesn't have 100% say in what the single is, then there will be confrontation... :drevil:

I think you may be right - but at the same time... If Axl isn't 100% sure after all this time that EVERY track on CD is worthy of a single, he may need to hold on to it for another couple years.....

Interesting theory, But if Axl doesn't have 100% say in what the single is, then there will be confrontation... :drevil:

There is always conflict between labels and bands about singles. I'm sure that Axl has a HUGE say in what it will be, but there is no way that he has the final say. However, in the case of Axl Rose, the label probably don't wanna risk anything and may well agree with whatever he says to ensure a smooth release. I think Axls power and influence in the business side of things is overestimated sometimes.

There is always conflict between labels and bands about singles. I'm sure that Axl has a HUGE say in what it will be, but there is no way that he has the final say. However, in the case of Axl Rose, the label probably don't wanna risk anything and may well agree with whatever he says to ensure a smooth release. I think Axls power and influence in the business side of things is overestimated sometimes.

Couldnt say it better :D Of course they listen Axl´s opinion about single, but company makes the final decision.

It would not soley lie in Axl's lap. First of all the band would need some direction from the record company that is paying for this monstrosity. Second fan input would be needed as well as the general publics view on the band, go to hard single wouldent work to the masses to soft would be not so good either, having said all that I truly belive that "Better" would do the band its justice, just remember that you have only heard an unfinished demo

Gunsguy