Canadian GN'R fans

Allen8R

O.K. Canadian gunners, here is an idea I have been toying with for awhile now. I'm from New Brunswick and me and a couple buddies are planning on going to the Halifax show. I have been thinking for awhile about trying to ordanize a group from this forum to meet up and have one big GN'R celebration/drunken blast of some kind for the halifax show. Without a doubt it would be a good gus n' drunken' time and if we get a big enough group of us I think we would be more likely to get the opportunity to meet the band, get pics, vids, stories and of course the time of our lives. Think of how cool it would be to get acknowledged by Axl himself during the show... or somehting like that...

Depending on how many people we could pull together we could possibly hold a big party before/after the show fo everyone that makes it and of course thier friends. I guess the possibilities are endless, we could end up renting a banquet hall in some hotel or something...

anyways, first thing is first, we need to know how many of us are even going to be at the show and how many people are interesting in rigging something crazy like this up.

I guess what i'm looking for is your thoughts, comments and ideas and see where it goes from there.

Edited by allen8r

I apologize if I'm hijacking your post, but it sounds like a great idea. If anyone going to the Toronto show is interested in a pre-show drink fest I'd be in. And I've got the hookups. LOL!

Im goin to the Toronto show wit 5 buddies and we are definatley down to go drinken somewhere. The only problem is that we have floors and want to get up nice and close so we may be in line for a while. But we are definatley drinking. By the way, can you drink in line if you hide it in a water bottle or somthen.

I apologize if I'm hijacking your post, but it sounds like a great idea. If anyone going to the Toronto show is interested in a pre-show drink fest I'd be in. And I've got the hookups. LOL!

Im goin to the Toronto show wit 5 buddies and we are definatley down to go drinken somewhere. The only problem is that we have floors and want to get up nice and close so we may be in line for a while. But we are definatley drinking. By the way, can you drink in line if you hide it in a water bottle or somthen.

I've never been in a linup at the ACC. For NIN I just walked in. You can drink at the venue though. The NIN show was the ONE day that the venue had their liquor license revoked for serving minors. Just my fucking luck. LOL!

The NIN show was the ONE day that the venue had their liquor license revoked for serving minors. Just my fucking luck. LOL!

yeah...that fucking sucked

I was at both Kool Haus shows so I wasn't too worried about it,it was nice to see a NIN show sober. :shades:

Edited by zint61

The NIN show was the ONE day that the venue had their liquor license revoked for serving minors. Just my fucking luck. LOL!

yeah...that fucking sucked

I was at both Kool Haus shows so I wasn't too worried about it,it was nice to see a NIN show sober. :shades:

Yeah it was actually nice, but I don't want to make a habit of it! - :)

Im interested possibly

Sweet, this is a start. I'm sure there will bemore interested as time goes on and more people se this thread...the onlly problem is that som many new threads are poping up on the board we have to keep postiong near pointless comments like this one to keep it on the main page. <_<

O.K. Canadian gunners, here is an idea I have been toying with for awhile now. I'm from New Brunswick and me and a couple buddies are planning on going to the Halifax show. I have been thinking for awhile about trying to ordanize a group from this forum to meet up and have one big GN'R celebration/drunken blast of some kind for the halifax show. Without a doubt it would be a good gus n' drunken' time and if we get a big enough group of us I think we would be more likely to get the opportunity to meet the band, get pics, vids, stories and of course the time of our lives. Think of how cool it would be to get acknowledged by Axl himself during the show... or somehting like that...

Depending on how many people we could pull together we could possibly hold a big party before/after the show fo everyone that makes it and of course thier friends. I guess the possibilities are endless, we could end up renting a banquet hall in some hotel or something...

anyways, first thing is first, we need to know how many of us are even going to be at the show and how many people are interesting in rigging something crazy like this up.

I guess what i'm looking for is your thoughts, comments and ideas and see where it goes from there.

I'm from New Brunswick and I'm heading up to the show, but I'll only be getting there right after the door opens, probably around 7:30ish and I'm pretty sure we're driving back home right after the show. But to met Axl would be a dream come true

I'm from New Brunswick and I'm heading up to the show, but I'll only be getting there right after the door opens, probably around 7:30ish and I'm pretty sure we're driving back home right after the show. But to met Axl would be a dream come true

awsome, u'll still be able to make an after party maybe. What part are ya coming from?

Hey, I think an after party is a great idea!! Who could imagine a better party than a room full of GNR fans. I'm up for that as well as a few of my friends. Let me know of any details you come up with. It sounds awesome. Maybe the Lord Nelson would be a good central location. I've been there to their banquet area for a wedding and it's just the perfect size for a good intimate crowd. Again good luck with this, and we'll see where it goes from here. Great Idea!!!!!

Hi again,

I am new to the forum, but I and My boyfriend are big guns n roses fans! We were fortunate enough this summer to see them in Paris . We visited friends and lucked out that they were there the same time. Anyway we now can't believe they are coming to our home city Halifax. This is awesome!! Again this after party sounds great, and if we, my boyfriend and I could attend it would be greatly appreciated. Let me know of anything we can try and do to help. Again awesome if this can be pulled off!!!!

Let's keep this after party idea going. I think alot of people would be seriously interested. It's hard to think of where this can happen?? Hopefully something will work out. Maybe a local bar would be interested in having a themed Guns n Roses night after the concert??? I really am lost for ideas on this one.

Has anyone come up with any ideas as to what we can all try to do to make this after party happen? It's great that we are all interested but we now need to try and make this happen. I think indoors would be the best idea as it will be November 20th(a bit chilly) Maybe we could try contacting the promoters of the concert ????

Has anyone come up with any ideas as to what we can all try to do to make this after party happen? It's great that we are all interested but we now need to try and make this happen. I think indoors would be the best idea as it will be November 20th(a bit chilly) Maybe we could try contacting the promoters of the concert ????

Thats a great Idea and there have been alot of other great idea's as well, it looks like there are one hell of alot of people interested in going. There was someone who was asking if her and her BF could come? Definately. ANYONE who is interested in this can be part of it for sure. I think we need to find out who is from HALI or knows it really well, as they would have a better idea in terms of location. Plus if anyone know how to contact the concert promoters, thats would be AWSOME!!!!!!

I'm sure lots of the fans will be down for a pre/after party. Maybe post this on HTGTH as well in the Halfiax thread. I know the 5 people I'm going with will be interested.

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/i...p?topic=36099.0

Thats a good plan, is anyone a member of HTGTH as well?

A pre and post party both sounds good! But it would definitely be cool to share pics after the show!! I contacted ticket atlantic to find out who the promoters were for this concert. They told me it was GEG out of montreal. When I looked on their website I didn't see the GNR show listed as one of their events, but I e-mailed them anyway to see what the deal was. I'm waiting to hear back from them, but maybe they can give us a contact name in Halifax or whatever.