"I'm SO FKn Pissed ... I want to fkn throw up!!"

Franchelle

The same happened to me at Maine Road, but we didn't know the show was cancelled until we arrived at the gig, there was no radio on the coach. They rescheduled the show for the following Sunday and yes we went and had a great time. The gig was cancelled not because of an imminent CD release but because Axl had had a row with SS. Shit happens in life, not just ours but the bands aswell. If you're such a big fan you just have to ride the roller coaster ride that is GnR. I went to three shows this summer and until I heard the 'Do you know where..... I didn't believe Axl would turn up. But he did and they were 3 of the best gigs I've seen. If you don't go you will always regret it as we never know when the ride will end for ever!

Ya I agree if u were that big of a fan u would of known the show was postponed a week or 2 ago like the rest of us did. If u are a 35 year old woman cryin real tears cause you have to wait a few more weeks to see guns then I suggest u seek help. I had tix to this show and am glad he postponed it we all want the CD and frankly I don't give a rusty fuck if the final mixing or whatever is an inconveinience for you. Get over it and go see them in 07 or not I'll still have a killer time without ya rock1

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have tickets for this show, and to be honest with you, im not angry or anything. the only thing that this can mean is that chinese democracy is coming earlier, so that's fine with me. Of course, i would have been happy if i had seen them this thursday, but you know what to expect when you have GNF'R tickets.

Yep - sorry, I can't sympathize here either.

Try being at Philly in 2002, then come back and let me know if you've reassessed anything.

I went to the Hammerstein back in May, saw the best concert of my life, and I hope to recreate that feeling at MSG next month! rock3

i dont even need to read this whole thread to know what people are saying but i'll just add to it....in response to the first post in this thread---> Are you fucking kidding me?!?!?! this was announced like 3 weeks ago and its not even remotely Axl's fault, they are finishing the damn album! what is it that you think axl did to you?!?!

You should all shut the fuck up now. Thanks. :)

Anyways, Franchelle, I can relate, as my concert was "rescheduled" as well. I too think it is unacceptable to move a concert nearly 4 months into the future SIX DAYS BEFORE IT IS SCHEDULED TO OCCUR. If Axl knew the album wasn't done, EVEN THOUGH HE'S HAD TEN YEARS TO MAKE IT, he should have accounted for that and not scheduled a bunch of shows he couldn't make. When the concert was first announced, I got dozens of people giving me smart-ass remarks like "if he shows up." I was planning on laughing in their faces the following week. But what happened? Well, HE "MOVED" IT TO JANUARY.

The moral of the story?

DON'T SCHEDULE DATES YOU CAN'T MAKE.

Now there's something to e-mail to Merck. ;)

And for all of you "flaming" Franchelle, we'll see how YOU like it when Axl decides to "move" YOUR show SIX DAYS BEFORE IT IS SUPPOSED TO HAPPEN.

I'll hold on to my ticket, and I hope Franchelle will feel a little less disappointed by January so she can go have fun at the show (assuming Axl doesn't "move" it again).

I like Axl just as much as the rest of you do, but clearly he needs to put a little more effort into not disappointing his fans.

Just be happy they are close to you, I am gonna have to take off work, get a sitter AND drive 194 miles to see them, and if they for some reason reschedule then I will do it all over again and be happy that I will FINALY get to see them

wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

i was suppose to see them tonight, sure ive thought well right now i should be fucken drunk as a skunk and happy, but you know what, when this night is all over with,im gonna be glad i get to see them in a couple of months instead.

plus i too had big plans, it's me and my girlfriends 6 year aniversary (it is tomorrow, but i figured we could celebrate today cuz of the concert), we were gonna go to some fancy place to eat, drink hella champagne, then go to the show, then (well you guys dont need to know the rest ;) ) but things change, like illusions said, life aint perfect.

I understand the dissapointment - back in 2002 i bought tickets to the Dallas and New Mexico shows - they cancelled both(my mom said they would as well :P )and i was dissapointed as hell,but i flew to New Mexico w/ my girlfriend and we still ended up having a great time - one of my best short vacations ever.I was very apprehensive about ever going to see Axl again after that,however,when the Hammerstein shows were announced back in April i just knew i had to go to at least one of the shows and take that risk again despite what everyone was saying to me about going through all of that again.I had a different feeling this time around -i gambled and came away w/ the greatest show of my life(5/17).....a couple of thousand miles and hundreds of dollars later and i don't regret a fuckin' thing.My point is that i feel things are totally different from 2002 this time around -Axl never really seemed to want to do that tour and it imploded - i think that he's now ready to be back out there again.Unfortunately,they booked some shows and later decided that they would fit in better later in the tour as opposed to the beginning of it - they didn't cancel,just merely rescheduled - i do understand the dissapointment,but hang in there and try to go to the rescheduled show - trust me it will be worth the wait and this will just seem like a bad memory when it's over......Peace :)

millions of people are praying for guns to visit their towns !!

be grateful for having a fuckin' show in your town.

Exactly. I can 99% guarantee that GNR will never play in my town, and that I'll always have to drive 2-10 hours to see them, depending on the town in California. At least the show hasn't been completely canceled.

Some of you guys are being real pricks about this, she got fucked over in her eyes and she's pissed about it, well fuck me im so shocked.

Make a date and bastard stick to it, its not that fucking hard.Granted they seem to be better than in years gone by but remeber some people have busy lifes and this kind of shit ain't fucking funny for them.

No, dude... It IS a Cancellation...

I'm fkn DONE!

When you bought your ticket you purchased it with the distributors right to change the show date. This was built into the ticket. You just were not able to forsee this change. That's life. Deal with it better than coming onto this site and moping about it. There are far greater injustices happening every day. All the concert plans were always tentative.

This statement is the most intelligent in this whole knot of self-pity,and shit.