Chinese democracy dilema

JDIGGS

Would you rather have the abum first or what if they decided to do a full chinese democracy + new song set then released album or would you rather album and a mixed set of songs idont know was just thinking about it thought i would get some opinions on it. rock1 rock2 rock3

Well, according to the leading rumors (Nov. 14th or 21st), CD will be out either 1 or 2 weeks before the Chicago show, so I'm hoping for a 50-50 split of old stuff and new stuff. When I saw the Who last week, they played about 9 new tunes and about as many old ones. It was a perfect ballance: solid block of old, solid block of new, a couple more old, another new block, one or two old to close it off, then an all old encore. That's what I'd like. Jungle, It's So Easy etc early, then a block of CD stuff, then start alternating (NR, Blues, Rocket Queen, IRS, Better, Nightrain or something like that) to close it off. I just want to hear my fave old tunes (at least the ones they still play...) and a shitload of the CD material. We've waited 15 years, BLOW US THE FUCK AWAY WITH IT! rock3

Well, according to the leading rumors (Nov. 14th or 21st), CD will be out either 1 or 2 weeks before the Chicago show, so I'm hoping for a 50-50 split of old stuff and new stuff. When I saw the Who last week, they played about 9 new tunes and about as many old ones. It was a perfect ballance: solid block of old, solid block of new, a couple more old, another new block, one or two old to close it off, then an all old encore. That's what I'd like. Jungle, It's So Easy etc early, then a block of CD stuff, then start alternating (NR, Blues, Rocket Queen, IRS, Better, Nightrain or something like that) to close it off. I just want to hear my fave old tunes (at least the ones they still play...) and a shitload of the CD material. We've waited 15 years, BLOW US THE FUCK AWAY WITH IT! rock3

That would be so cool for you lot who are going to see them to hear the classics plus a bunch from the new era! I am really envious of everyone who will be going to see them, mind you I saw them at Manchester so Im happy enough! rock3

i agree that would be the ideal setlist for all of us who've been waiting for so long..

As an artist i think they should play all the new material and nothing from original GNR. Cause this is another band, so they must play their own material and dont backup in things that other guys created. If i am in a band that plays 80% songs from a previous era that i have nothing to do, i wud feel not being "used correctly" and probably wudnt last long in that band.

As a fan i want to hear the classics, and if any CD song, really blows my mind, also want to hear them. But from what i heard from the leaks and the live stuff, there is nothing THAT special...at least for me.

Edited by feconroses