New Track - "Better" - Used In Harley-Davidson Ad

captaint

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure the whole song is going to be amazing but what do you think the people who haven't heard Axl for fifteen years are going to say?

The clip makes Axl sound wimpy as the song comes off very poppy. People still think of GNR as the band that gave them WTTJ, and probably would have been better served releasing a balls to the wall rock song to show the fan base they still have it. Better is so poppy GNR will come off as being soft, and not the rock band people want to remember.

Wait, I don't get what you're saying. Are you saying that the whole song is "poppy", or just that little subsection of clips that HD picked?:)

Axl sounds different in it. I'm not sure, if I like the leak more. But I have to listen to the whole song, before I can judge it. But it still rocks. rock3

:o cool :xmasssanta:

When the sheep are at the fountain, you can hear what i presume is axl singing something in the background, sounds to me like no no no no :book:

What do you lot think hes saying??

I read different lyrics versions. Someone said, it's "no, no, no, no" and somewhere I heard it's "All that anger". But I think, it's "no, no, no, no,..." ;)

I always thought he sang ''i know better, i know better''

I thought it was clear on the RAR bootleg that it's "la na la na"

I personally think it's

La mañana (Spanish for "Tomorrow")

know me better

:)

Why overanalyse this? I think we should focus on the fact that this is actually happening. it showes that there are things happening in camp GNR. This just showes us that what they say is true.

It's freakin cumming!?!?!

I'm pretty sure its the same tracks, (for the most part, maybe - drums) as the demos. I'm trying to find a way to record the sound from the commercial so i can open it in protools and compare the wave forms, but im pretty sure theyr the same recordings.

I was dissapointed when i first heard it, but its probably compressed for web, and I found some better headphones and it sounded a little better. I wish it was "fuller" though. Even AFD has a fuller, more produced sound than this...

Its clearly not the demo, if it is, where did the other guitar come from?

It makes sense that the mix used on the Harley TV ad is the mix that will be on the album.

The mix on the Harley ad is far smoother than the leaked demo. Also, the drumming sounds like a drummer opposed a drumming machine. Having said that, while i really like the smooth version, the old leaked version sounded more hardcore, rougher around the edges. From what i can tell, the lyrics are the same.

Edited by dobadog

The only differences I see in this and the demo are obviously its a lot more cleaned up, it sounds just a tad bit slower than the demo, and the guitar part (which sounds beautiful by the way) when Axl is singing "Just use your head, and in the end you'll find your inspiration, to choose your steps that won't regret this kind of aggravation"

I love the way it sounds, and cant wait to hear the whole thing.