New Track - "Better" - Used In Harley-Davidson Ad

captaint

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that was not a studio version it :rolleyes:

yes it was, there's no way harley would use a leak, and there's no way anyone connected to gnr is stupid enough to put unfinished material in an advert.

Exactly. Why would Harley Davidson use a leaked track? That would be a huge breach of copyright, I'm sure.

Even if it hasn't changed since the leak, this is an official track that probably won't change before the album.

I am disappointed in the song because it sounds almost identical to the leak. His voice is not that good in the studio anymore. Go listen to old studio tunes like "ycbm" and come back and tell me if Axl's new studio voice does it justice?? Better= generic . THis is what happens when you spend to much time in the studio trying to hard . Another thing about the song that I don't like are the transitions. I didn't mind it when it was on the demo becaue i figured it was a work in progress but when I heard them play it lve and there wasn't any change to it I was very disappointed . All of a sudden Velvet Revolver's credibility went up. Atleast they didn't take 10 yrs to record their shitty album .

yep.

You obviously don't know the difference of "actually being in commercial selling cars" and a band promoting a record!

Where in there does that promote GNR's new album? It is cool the song is in the commercial, but I didn't hear nor see anything about a new GNR album. Did I miss something. I thought it was just letting Harley use the song to try and sell motorcycles? I thought we were supposed to be against whoring out the music for commercial purposes?

You're right Naupis. I didn't see any promo for the cd in that commercial.

Really though, i don't see what the big deal is about doing commercials. It's no worse than the countless list of musicians that have done GAP commercials (aerosmith, for instance), Alice Cooper doing Ramada Inn commercials. These guys got into the business for 2 reasons- to make music and MONEY.

ya i saw this commercial on tv and i was like WTF and then i was like no way and then i new it was starting to happen. I'll tell you right now the publicy is starting to get up little by little and then you will see it advertised on alot of things and then offical dates for stuff. WOOT

I think it's the same as the leak with a few additions, and some remixing of the vocal track. There's a couple layers added, the vocals are louder and the guitar is softer.

I don't think it's all that different. The drumming at the start still sounds like a machine.

I think it's the same as the leak with a few additions, and some remixing of the vocal track. There's a couple layers added, the vocals are louder and the guitar is softer.

I don't think it's all that different. The drumming at the start still sounds like a machine.

I think we are going to realize when the album's released that those "leaks" management put out there were alot closer to a finished product than alot of people would like to believe. We all wrote off any weakness to "oh its just a demo", but I think that those were a very very good idea of what the finished product was going to be. Better is not tremendously different other than it is obviously more refined and cleaned up.

I think we are going to realize when the album's released that those "leaks" management put out there were alot closer to a finished product than alot of people would like to believe.

Exactly. They always sounded very close to the finished product.

This clip they're using in the ad sounds a bit 'crisper' than the leaked demo, but I might just be imagining it.

The track is so different to the leak. You guys must have dodgy soundcards/speakers. I can clearly hear the difference between the two - the main and most noticable one being the drums, which seem to have been completely redone. There is an element of crispness to everything that the leak didn't have, and some parts are sounding different in general.

Pretty fucking swish. If you say this is the leak you had - face it, you are wrong.

I think we are going to realize when the album's released that those "leaks" management put out there were alot closer to a finished product than alot of people would like to believe. We all wrote off any weakness to "oh its just a demo", but I think that those were a very very good idea of what the finished product was going to be. Better is not tremendously different other than it is obviously more refined and cleaned up.

I think you're very right here. When they played the songs live, that was probably our biggest indication of this.

I think we are going to realize when the album's released that those "leaks" management put out there were alot closer to a finished product than alot of people would like to believe.

Exactly. They always sounded very close to the finished product.

This clip they're using in the ad sounds a bit 'crisper' than the leaked demo, but I might just be imagining it.

The demos were always a bit muddy. They were low quality... I've gotten used to listening to remastered versions of them that don't really sound all that different to what we have here.

The track is so different to the leak. You guys must have dodgy soundcards/speakers. I can clearly hear the difference between the two - the main and most noticable one being the drums, which seem to have been completely redone. There is an element of crispness to everything that the leak didn't have, and some parts are sounding different in general.

Pretty fucking swish. If you say this is the leak you had - face it, you are wrong.

Not saying it was the leak. We're saying that it's not much different to the leak, and that parts of the leak are still there.

I suspect that much of the vocal track is the same - just in clearer quality, louder, and layered better in a few parts. The end sounds a little different as well.

You would think Axl is aspiring to go the way of Bon Jovi or something. Poppy tunes in TV commercials. I wonder if that is going to be viewed as a sell-out or not if this is a large ad-campaign for the company. To think it was only a couple weeks ago a former GNR icon was being crucified for doing a similar thing.

You obviously don't know the difference of "actually being in commercial selling cars" and a band promoting a record!

playing ignored and dumb might be the one I think! :lol:

Yeah, even Aerosmith and The Rolling Stones have had their songs in commercials. No biggie.

You would think Axl is aspiring to go the way of Bon Jovi or something. Poppy tunes in TV commercials. I wonder if that is going to be viewed as a sell-out or not if this is a large ad-campaign for the company. To think it was only a couple weeks ago a former GNR icon was being crucified for doing a similar thing.

Yeah, even Aerosmith and The Rolling Stones have had their songs in commercials. No biggie.

yep, led zeppelin also. i dont see the big deal about it

....Which is why PROMOTION is so important!

I think GnR management are waiting for a set date, then we'll see an avalanche of marketing/promotion. This ad was obviously meant to be part of it.

The only explanation as to why these info leaks are being deleted over at HTGTH is that "somebody jumped the gun". My guess is that things will start rolling pretty soon. Maybe the 24th?.. seems the most logical.

Fuck knows why they're waiting, but, yeah, I'm actually pretty excited. Just hope it doesn't turn into another let-down.

Pretty much. The drums do sound fantastic in the studio cut though, much better than the ones buried in the demo's mix.

yep, led zeppelin also. i dont see the big deal about it

and the Beatles. Like a million times.

On topic. Cool commercial.

Tbizzle

I noticed this video is not standard 4:3 TV format. So either it's just web only, or it'll be letterboxed for the TV airplay.

Someone already reported seeing it on TV. Dunno if that was legit or not.

P.S. Nice to see there's a forum where was can talk about a commerical everyone's seen with a song we've heard for months and months that has been played live.

Censorship sucks.

another thread meant to be negative and indirectly put down the band because they can't stand the fact certain people are no longer there. :rolleyes:

uhh what?

never mind him, he's a sour puss.

oh I know I just wanted to know where in the "meaning of the thread" or "what the thread meant to be" was there any intent by the original maker of the thread to bash the band

I mean is he talking about the possibility that some of the posts and replys might have an opinion that differs him which is accepted on this board as long as it's not "This blowz!!11" and as long as the person states why he doesn't and is critical in an adult manner? I've actually only seen adult like conversation in this thread. But nonetheless, I don't think what was meant by the THREAD, maybe just the POSTS were of any intent to bash the band.

Unless he is referring to Red Europe who is only trying to show his displeasure with the band in his own witty, childish way by referring to other non-GNR and even non-music boards for their opinions. Quit frankly, Red Europe's argument about this song not being good is very weak and shouldn't even be responded to.

:)

Edited by 3rd Wheel