Predictions and questions

Danny

Ok dokey. We're here on the eve of the US tour's opening night. I personally have alot going through my mind tonight. I have a ticket to the Dec 2nd Target Center show, but more than anything I'm nervous that this tour will even last that long. I think back to 2002. I had my ticket to a Target Center show then as well. Opening night of the tour, I turn on my radio and hear that Axl Rose didn't show up for the very first gig (a mystery that's never fully been explained). So for weeks I was nervous about the show even happening. It's a bit different now. The band just wrapped up an extremely successful tour in Europe, Axl showed up at all the "rehersal" shows here in the states, and probably the most promising news so far...the commercial with an actul new GNR song in it from a reputtable company.

My question is this. Honestly...what are everyone's honest predictions of tomorrow night? Will the show go on (I ask this because I hav'nt seen any specifics about ticket sles for opening night)? Will there be a change in setlist? Will there be a change in band lineup? Will there be some real, solid announcement about the album release date (I'm talking something concrete--not just Axl saying something vague like "soon is the word")?

Let's hear everyone's honest opinions...not just stupid crap like "Axl is going to start the show with Better and then pass out free copies of the CD to everyone in attendance".

-Danny (HTGTH poster who supports Jarmo's recent editorial moves as his exercizing his right to free speech, but chooses to post here as a way to exercize my own right to free speech)

P.S. And please...no "magic fax" jokes.

Its going to rock. Its going to roll. The world will shake. Hell itself will belch. Because the powers that be...said Axl was done after his Clear Channel fuckup in Philidelphia........

Tight show. premier of a new song. Same ol' set of songs. Nostalgia first to help the younger generation see the kick of the late 80's and earlier 90's stuff. Then as the tour progressess... introduction of Chinese Democracy songs to build a whole new history seperate and distinct from GnRI

I wouldn't worry about tomorrow night. The warmup tour and European tour went very well.

I'm really excited to see the setlist. Will Axl change it? As the single and album seems is nearing their release, I think it would be totally appropriate for GNR to play more new material in the North American Tour.

We'll know tomorrow night!

I have an optimistic view. Guns N' Roses are back! I believe the tour will go as smoothly as a tour can possibly go with Axl Rose at the wheel. We'll get a few more new songs tomorrow, night and the rest of CD as after it is released. Just thinnk positive and we'll all get through this ok.

Tbizzle

I'm hoping for some new production in the live show.

Improved overall live sound.

A revised setlist.

Better introduced as the forthcoming single.

Great atmosphere and band/audience symbiotic rock and roll meltdown.

..not expecting any announcement about CD release date

I've always had faith in Axl. I'm sure the show will go on and the entire tour will blow everyone's fuckin' mind. My guess is there will be a change in setlist, but I'm not sure what. Same band line up. No announcement about Chinese Democracy. I think we'll just get that when we get that; in other words, the CD will just show up in stores.

I have tickets for Dec 15th in Oakland, and went to the show @ the Warfield as well. Believe me, if anyone has seen him lately in concert lately, you can see he is having fun. I believe this will go off well. I hope so, I am taking my 13 year old son for his first concert. Anything can happen, I can fall off my Ducati tomorrow, but I will STILL ride. Axl may fall, but I am gonna ride GNR for all they have left. Please no gay jokes here, would be so lame. I hope you have a great time, I did in Sept. and I will in Dec. The alternative is what other music is out there, and I would rather get bits and pieces of Axls music than the current load of crap out there.

I think Axl has matured a great deal and I am pretty sure he won't be blowing of gigs unless the whole tour gets cancelled for poor ticket sales, which I don't see happening. I think it's quite possible ( but not probable )a new song will be added to the set. I don't think there will be any sort of announcement of a single or release date before a press release from management.