Has merck lost it?

There Was A Fine

i dont know also whats the bitching about... Merck said it will come out this year, Axl said it will come out this year.. now what is this all about???

Because their promises have almost no meaning anymore over the years. Maybe the album cost so much that there's no $ left over for promotion so they have to quietly release it a la Limp Bizkit

you have a point there :unsure:

wtf is up with him

" we dont know if we will announce a release date"

he either hates axl and doesnt want gnr to sell or he thinks hes smart and he magically thinks if he doesnt announce one, the more people will buy it?

this is going to be the downfall to the sales because a solid release date in a press release would definitely hit news stations.

even if its small, but without a release date, we would have to do all the hard work and get the word around that its out because we saw it in a fucking store..

You're a dumbass dude. The mainstream didn't even know who GNR was and AFD was out for a year. At last check, that album has sold pretty well, wouldn't you say? An albums sales aren't measured in the first week alone. If it suddenly appears in music stores, the press will pick up on it then and things will explode.

I love the marketing geniouses around here who work in fast food restaurants.

wtf is up with him

he either hates axl and doesnt want gnr to sell or he thinks hes smart and he magically thinks if he doesnt announce one, the more people will buy it?

this is going to be the downfall to the sales because a solid release date in a press release would definitely hit news stations.

even if its small, but without a release date, we would have to do all the hard work and get the word around that its out because we saw it in a fucking store..

You're a dumbass dude. The mainstream didn't even know who GNR was and AFD was out for a year. At last check, that album has sold pretty well, wouldn't you say? An albums sales aren't measured in the first week alone. If it suddenly appears in music stores, the press will pick up on it then and things will explode.

bravo!

wtf is up with him

bravo!

wtf is up with him

And I love people who think nothing has changed since 1987. "Everything will blow up" could be very true but stuff that blows up could also very well dissapear shortly after. I work extra at a school and I also am a student and I don´t hear anything about GN´R in the school corridors. We think because the forums are hyped the world is hyped but that isnt true. 2006 is not a rock/hard Rock year, I´m sorry to say.

On another note, my problem with Merck isn´t that he does no promotion (cause GN´R will sell rather good no matter what) but rather all these things about what we can and cannot discuss on the forums. I think it´s pathetic and if it´s Axl who is behind that he is also pathetic. Trying to control internet forums and what fans talk about is just bullshit and I´ve never seen anything like this before when it comes to a fucking rock n´roll band. I want the forums to be as free as possible within legal standards of course and Merck should stay the fuck away from it if he doesn´t like it. It´s not like he is giving us anything to discuss but maybe he would like us to discuss AFD and USI for another 20 years....

Edited by Lukinx