99 percent of the people last night heard New GN'R songs

mimnaugh

Yeah, I know...we heard them before. But these 4 songs are brand spanking new to 99 percent of the people at the shows. I would think (may be wrong) that the songs that were leaked are Axls favorites from CD. Wouldnt it make sence that he would play his best new songs first? We will be part of the very few that know these songs at the concert. Watch the remainder of the crowd die down and look confused when something new is played (I was there last night). They are not into it....yet.

Maybe we got spoilied with all of the leaks and are expecting to hear every song before the album comes out. Weve already heard 8 potential songs. It would be great to have a few suprises on CD when we buy it. We can complain, but he did play new shit from Chinese Democracy. More will come.

Edited by jack99

I think he's saying Axl has an obligation to play new songs to promote a new album and board members say that didn't happen. But he's saying it actually did happen because the leaks were 'new' to most of the audience. Correct me if I'm wrong, but if I got it right, for the most part I agree.

I think he's saying Axl has an obligation to play new songs to promote a new album and board members say that didn't happen. But he's saying it actually did happen because the leaks were 'new' to most of the audience. Correct me if I'm wrong, but if I got it right, for the most part I agree.

Yeah, thats pretty much it. I didnt think what I wrote was too confusing...maybe I need some more sleep :P

oooooooooohhhhh :monkey:

well then he premoted it during the summer to.

But here is the real question. HOW many new songs would he play if there hadn't been any leaks. I expect one. And we almost know that he only plays the songs that has been leaked now.

in this case.. I think IT IS NOT enough, for a Chinese Democracy TOUR... Not that i need to hear NEW songs but at LEAST they should play MORE of those "new" songs and LESS old songs. like

Madagascar, TWAT... i dont think it has being played last night... if i recall we had the blues, better and ChinDem. amirite? amirite?

in this case.. I think IT IS NOT enough, for a Chinese Democracy TOUR... Not that i need to hear NEW songs but at LEAST they should play MORE of those "new" songs and LESS old songs. like

Madagascar, TWAT... i dont think it has being played last night... if i recall we had the blues, better and ChinDem. amirite? amirite?

Wasn't I.R.S. played?

Wasn't I.R.S. played?

mnot sure.. tired of checking in the tour section hmm.gif

Wasn't I.R.S. played?

mnot sure.. tired of checking in the tour section hmm.gif

Just checked it, it was played. So that makes 4 new songs, which is frankly not bad.

Four new songs out of 20 or so is not bad at all and I would guess that would be normal considering the album is not out yet.

Not bad at all considering other bands out there do the same thing AFTER an album is released. I saw Alice Cooper a few months after Dirty Diamonds was released, and he played 3 songs from it. I saw KISS on the Psycho Circus tour and 2 songs from that album were played. I could go on, but i think most of you will get the point.

I don't know that there will be more than 5 new songs played at shows AFTER the cd comes out. I think they'll just mix up which new ones they play each night, but a majority of the set will remain the classic material. Just a guess.

Edited by tat2d1

Yeah, I know...we heard them before. But these 4 songs are brand spanking new to 99 percent of the people at the shows. I would think (may be wrong) that the songs that were leaked are Axls favorites from CD. Wouldnt it make sence that he would play his best new songs first? We will be part of the very few that know these songs at the concert. Watch the remainder of the crowd die down and look confused when something new is played (I was there last night). They are not into it....yet.

Maybe we got spoilied with all of the leaks and are expecting to hear every song before the album comes out. Weve already heard 8 potential songs. It would be great to have a few suprises on CD when we buy it. We can complain, but he did play new shit from Chinese Democracy. More will come.

First of all, if "Better" and "I.R.S" are the best new songs, then Chinese Democracy is fucked.

Second, if you think it was new to 99% of the people there, then you are kidding yourself. Considering the embarassingly bad lack of promotion for this tour, how would most non internet using folks know about the shows? I'd say a good majority of the fans there visit GNR websites and have heard the leaks, whether through a friend or just by downloading it themselves.

First of all, if "Better" and "I.R.S" are the best new songs, then Chinese Democracy is fucked.

GNR is lucky that is isn't anomalies like you, but the general public that decides the extent to which Chinese Democracy is "fucked", as you so succinctly put it.

Edited by FinckFortus