Axl Played "used to love her" - by request

prn574

I doubt they would really do anything as "wacky" as play an audience request. Why would they wanna deviate from the setlist?

In Vegas they took a "request" for RQ. Which kinda surprised me since they had played it at other shows already, so I didn't see the big deal, but yeah, Axl announced it as an audience request. Of course people then were yelling out names of other songs, which were ignored.

They played in Vegas too! no Biggie

Play nice boys if u want the whole crowd to shit there pants!!!!!!

see on the inland invasion show when Bach came out and they sang a bit of the chorus and bach said they would play it next? i got very excited but it didn't happen <_<

I doubt they would really do anything as "wacky" as play an audience request. Why would they wanna deviate from the setlist?

In Vegas they took a "request" for RQ. Which kinda surprised me since they had played it at other shows already, so I didn't see the big deal, but yeah, Axl announced it as an audience request. Of course people then were yelling out names of other songs, which were ignored.

Sorry, I meant something like take a request for a song that wasn't played regularly. Who the fuck would request RQ?? Try Estranged, Don't Cry, Dead Horse. The lack of Illusions material is really disturbing. I know I didn't pay $100 to hear AFD 2006.

I completely agree.

I can understand why they don't want to play too many new songs before the album drops, but there is a decent sized back catalog of material that they could use to change things up in the setlist.

Sorry, I meant something like take a request for a song that wasn't played regularly. Who the fuck would request RQ?? Try Estranged, Don't Cry, Dead Horse. The lack of Illusions material is really disturbing. I know I didn't pay $100 to hear AFD 2006.

Agreed! I Can understand why they don't want to play more songs off of CD until it's released but in the meantime I'd love to hear:

Estranged

Civil War

Don't Damn Me

Bad Apples

Move To The City

14 Years

Yesterdays

Coma!!!

I think that the only illusion songs that they're playing are Live & Let Die & Knockin' On Heavens Door - both of which they didn't write.

Does anyone know the REAL reason why he doesn't do any changing in the setlist or play more illusion songs? Maybe he doesn't like the illusions when he looks back? Or he doesn't want the band to learn any other songs? It's gets fucking boring to do ALMOST the same songs since 2001.

The other guy who asked about don't cry. Axl doesn't sing it anymore since 1993. Because of the death of Shannon Hoon. But i don't like that reason because Axl wrote it alone and Shannon just appeared on the album it's not like they 'wrote it together. Play it as a tribute or something.

But anyone else is getting bored of the same songs live? I want some fucking suprises like in 1991-1992.

Agreed! I Can understand why they don't want to play more songs off of CD until it's released but in the meantime I'd love to hear:

Estranged

Civil War

Don't Damn Me

Bad Apples

Move To The City

14 Years

Yesterdays

Coma!!!

I think that the only illusion songs that they're playing are Live & Let Die & Knockin' On Heavens Door - both of which they didn't write.

You Could Be Mine and November Rain also. So four Illusions songs, plus Ron's Don't Cry solo :P They really do need one or two more. Why not Yesterdays or Dust N' Bones?

By the way, *Tommy* requested used to love her - it wasn't an audience request, it was the bassist's request :)

Does anyone know the REAL reason why he doesn't do any changing in the setlist or play more illusion songs? Maybe he doesn't like the illusions when he looks back? Or he doesn't want the band to learn any other songs? It's gets fucking boring to do ALMOST the same songs since 2001.

The other guy who asked about don't cry. Axl doesn't sing it anymore since 1993. Because of the death of Shannon Hoon. But i don't like that reason because Axl wrote it alone and Shannon just appeared on the album it's not like they 'wrote it together. Play it as a tribute or something.

But anyone else is getting bored of the same songs live? I want some fucking suprises like in 1991-1992.

Thanks dude. I 've read about Shannon's Hoon death but I 've hoped that Axl would sing it again sometime. :( Anyway, the instrumental version is better than nothing.