People worried about CD promotion..

Rockworld

Dont you think that as soon as this album is on the shelves everyone in the media is going to want a piece of it?. The media will promote this album itself, doesnt matter what their opinion is, it will promote the album & in that way Axl will of in a way got them back for all the slating they have given him and GnR over the years. FREE PUBLICITY!

For better or worse.. CD will be everywhere!

Edited by Rockworld

Dont you think that as soon as this album is on the shelves everyone in the media is going to want a piece of it?. The media will promote this album itself, doesnt matter what their opinion is, it will promote the album & in that way Axl will of in a way got them back for all the slating they have given him and GnR over the years. FREE PUBLICITY!

so true! rock3

The voice of reason... a breath of fresh air... ahhhhhhhhhhh.

Good train of thought... I've been saying that for years... too. Some people just don't understand.

I'm in 2 different mids about this...

I see your point and I agree with you, there's just the slight drawback...illegal downloading.

If this album isn't hyped up, when people hear about it, they'll want to make sure they aren't wasting their money(especially if it's like 20 bucks, which most CDs cost nowadays). So they'll go home, go on whatever website or program they use, and type in, "Chinese Democracy," and *poof,* there are all the songs for a $20 discount, and they'll be able to keep them even if they don't like it...

I guarantee you every article or piece of news ever printed after the release of CD will have something like this included in it's text: "I don't know if it was worth waiting ten years for..."

But of course, I know that it would theoretically be worth waiting 20 years for. :)

I just hope i don't have to.

I guarantee you every article or piece of news ever printed after the release of CD will have something like this included in it's text: "I don't know if it was worth waiting ten years for..."

But of course, I know that it would theoretically be worth waiting 20 years for. :)

I just hope i don't have to.

Every article is also going to have a reference to Axl being the last original member, and at least one paragraph on how much better it would be if slash was still in the band.

Great point. and true. There is no such thing as bad publicity either, so even kerrang or karrang or whetever those fuckheads call themselves will be good to have reviewing it.

A8R

If this stupid album is ever released, it'll generate a small burst of publicity - a Rolling Stone article here(just like they would for any mainstream rock band), a Spin magazine article there, reviews in Entertainment Weekly, etc...then it most likely will fade away. The day it's released it'll be on MTV.com, RS.com, MTV news etc.... for a day or so. Big Fucking Deal. Some of you think there's going to be some sort of worlwide pandemic of Guns n Roses fever sweeping over all mankind.

I actually don't care that much about promotion, reviews and lots of people buying it...I just want CD to come out so I can enjoy it.

Thats really cool, but some people are a little bit worried about it.

Some of those people are actually worried that there will be no CD. No promotion=Indication of NO CD.

The rest that worries, why would they?? They are well aware that if/when CD will be out they know that they want miss it, or else they wouldn´t be so aware of the thing that they need to worry..

Is for Axls sake? Probably. They don´t want to see their (including me) idol fail in lack of recordsales. Why, when they still got their album. Thats problably because they put their (including me) soul to defend Axl from the doubters. So.. No promotion>Lack of record sales>the winner is the doubters!

So what of this are we actually talking about??? :rolleyes:

I don´t know. But I know one thing. It´s us, the fans, that are creating this atmosphere. Those questions we created but can´t answer. It´s getting clearer. It´s not about Axl or CD, it´s about us!

I have smoked.. Sorry

I actually don't care that much about promotion, reviews and lots of people buying it...I just want CD to come out so I can enjoy it.

My thoughts exactly, I just want to hear it mixed correctly, one qualifier, I want the tour to last till at least Dec 15th rock3

Yeah, it'll get some buzz in the media just by being on the shelves, but the point of PR, and it would seem especially important in this case, is to get in front of things and help shape the image of the album and band. Unless they want to keep the new lineup thing as lowkey as possible for the mass public much like certain movies aren't put up for advanced screenings to avoid bad buzz and reviews.

But if there is no real PR, my guess is that the record company just doesn't want to put any more money into the album(doesn't mean they don't believe in it, but see limited financial upside at this point). I just don't see any sound strategic reason for doing this other than the shielding of the new lineup which hopefully isn't the case...

Edited by Turn_It_Up