that checkmate clip maybe really be prostitute?

gnr-dave

There is a rumor floating around that the checkmate clip that came out a few months ago may in fact be a clip of prostitute and the name checkmate is not the title of the song but a metaphor and a FU to managment because the leak is out there. Yes merck said that checkmate is not a gnr song, but im sure checkmate is not a title of a gnr song so in a way he is not lying. Also even if it was you know merck would not tell us it was.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The only way this would work out is that the other songs this leaker *supposedly* coughed up were the 1999 versions of "IRS" and "TWAT". The "Trunk CD" was said to contain all three - and now we know that "Better" and "Prostitute" are not the same song, *ahem*, this could be a very realistic possibility. To look into this further we will need to re-examine the 2005 "IRS" - looking for drums and things, *hint*, *hint*.unibrow.gif

However, these are not or do not strike me as being the "Prostitute" lyrics:

from CD.com

Guitar Intro

all dozen slayed, every chance, one given, dont ever spin ,just say what we had*

or it would take, away the light we given, once it is ours, were free from this land

dont ever expect me to turn up this late

mother fucker' in this game, its checkmate

*interlude*

as i then ran, as fast as i could, memories both friends, escaped from my hand

ive got a gun, now the bloods on my hands, everything you see is here till the end

*solo*

lies that ive told, lies that ive given

lies that ive sold, lies that have driven

me mad to the top of my own head

me mad to the top of my head

at night sugar, im sorry if i turn up late

well now honey, my turn, check mate

all dozens slayed, every chance, one given, dont ever spin ,just say what we had

or it would take, away the light we given, once it is ours, were free from this land

Outro + Solo

All Thoughts in lane (all thoughts in lane)

every chance we gave (ever chance we gave)

dont ever spare (dont ever spare)

im here till the end (checkmate)

im here till the end

im here till the end

(*By the way, this is IMHO a clear reference to "spin-doctoring". "Dont ever spin ,just say what we had" - it's not "illogical"; it's just clever songwriting.):)

(Yo, nambis, PMs.):)

Edited by RedEurope

When have I EVER made up anything? Anyone who knows me knows that I dont just make up shit. I heard this from someone who does not post on the boards over aim. This person told me that checkmate is not the title of the song but its a dig at management. I cross posted this on the forums to give people the heads up.

Edited by gnr-dave

The only way this would work out is that the other songs this leaker *supposedly* coughed up were the 1999 versions of "IRS" and "TWAT". The "Trunk CD" was said to contain all three - and now we know that "Better" and "Prostitute" are not the same song, *ahem*, this could be a very realistic possibility. To look into this further we will need to re-examine the 2005 "IRS" - looking for drums and things, *hint*, *hint*.unibrow.gif

from CD.com

Guitar Intro

all dozen slayed, every chance, one given, dont ever spin ,just say what we had*

*interlude*

ive got a gun, now the bloods on my hands, everything you see is here till the end

*solo*

all dozens slayed, every chance, one given, dont ever spin ,just say what we had

Outro + Solo

im here till the end

im here till the end

(*By the way, this is IMHO a clear reference to "spin-doctoring". "Dont ever spin ,just say what we had" - it's not "illogical"; it's just clever songwriting.:)

Where did those lyrics come from? they're really good, and even if they're fake i'm 45948937549837593475 times more pumped about this song rock1

from CD.com

Guitar Intro

*interlude*

*solo*

Outro + Solo

im here till the end

im here till the end

(*By the way, this is IMHO a clear reference to "spin-doctoring". "Dont ever spin ,just say what we had" - it's not "illogical"; it's just clever songwriting.:)

Where did those lyrics come from? they're really good, and even if they're fake i'm 45948937549837593475 times more pumped about this song rock1

i have to admit..i'm liking the lyrics.

Anyone who knows me knows that I dont just make up shit. I heard this from someone who does not post on the boards over aim.

You don't "make up shit", but "someone who does not post on the boards over aim" is helpful.:)

This person told me that checkmate is not the title of the song but its a dig at management. I cross posted this on the forums to give people the heads up.

Then, by that logic, the "GodsRoses" lyrics could be fake (could well be)? Ahh, the joys of being a new GN'R fan.:)

Nambis, those lyrics are damn cool IMHO, and, as someone else said, would more fit a song called "The General" than "Prostitute". Thus, dave, have you read the "'Checkmate' = 'The General'" theory from a few months ago?:)

Edited by RedEurope

Guys, i'd just like to make sure that nobody takes any rumours RedEurope spreads seriously, ok? He's prone to believing anything he reads, and talking as though he's "in the know".

Axl doesn't write lyrics this lame.

Guys, i'd just like to make sure that nobody takes any rumours RedEurope spreads seriously, ok? He's prone to believing anything he reads, and talking as though he's "in the know".

rock3

Thanks man!

I'm getting tired of RedEurope and his bullshit rumours...

"No one ever told me when I was alone

They just thought I'd know better.. better..."

bet no one would have thought they were Axl lyrics at one point.:shades:

Those lyrics I posted came from CD.com and could be fake. Like 'em though.:) Aren't we allowed to dissect a case or claim without "don't take anything so-and-so says seriously"?:)

Those lyrics I posted came from CD.com and could be fake. Like 'em though.:) Aren't we allowed to dissect a case or claim without "don't take anything so-and-so says seriously"?:)

No. Because some people are too stupid to do that and refuse to take anything they read with a grain of salt.

That's why a year later, we still have people talking about "German Warfare" and "Russian Intrigue" - :rolleyes:

Not saying you're wrong or that these lyrics are real or whatever, but he did write this:

"Oh baby, pretty baby

Oh honey, you let me down honey"

Which I've always considered to be kinda lame. I do like the song, though.

Edited by LoungeFly04

man i haven't listened to that clip in so long... i forgot how awesome it is. though it makes me kind of embarrassed to say a 16 second clip is so awesome. i hope it's real and i don't care what the title is.

what are the lyrics in the clip?

edit: i guess the lyrics are the first line of the rumored lyrics on the first page

Edited by bass71player

Not saying you're wrong or that these lyrics are real or whatever, but he did write this:

"Oh baby, pretty baby

i'm soo confused.. checkmate, psotitute, the generel.. WTF?? those lyrics you wrote there, what song is that from?

"Oh baby, pretty baby

i'm soo confused.. checkmate, psotitute, the generel.. WTF?? those lyrics you wrote there, what song is that from?

the lyrics are the supposed lyrics to 'checkmate' though whether or not that song is gnr is up for debate... merck has said that it is not a gnr song, so people have assumed it's either the general or prosititute, which are both rumored tracks on CD

"Oh baby, pretty baby

The "Oh baby, pretty baby Oh honey, you let me down honey" is from Back Off Bitch. He's just comparing how lame those are with the RedEurope's supposed "lyrics" to Checkmate which are on the first page.

Edited by highvoltage

"Oh baby, pretty baby

The "Oh baby, pretty baby Oh honey, you let me down honey" is from Back Off Bitch. He's just comparing how lame those are with the RedEurope's supposed "lyrics" to Checkmate which are on the first page.

"Oh baby, pretty baby

the lyrics are the supposed lyrics to 'checkmate' though whether or not that song is gnr is up for debate... merck has said that it is not a gnr song, so people have assumed it's either the general or prosititute, which are both rumored tracks on CD

'all dozen slayed, every chance, one given, dont ever spin ,just say what we had*'

sounds more to me like

'all cautions made, every chance was given, no effort spared, to save what we had'

i duno mayby im jst crazy

yeah that's what i was thinking

edit: listening to it again those are most def. the lyrics... redeurope's are completely bogus

no problem

Edited by bass71player