2Pac-Me Against the World

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789

If there's any proof that Rap music is capable of bringing as much emotional potency and artistry as any other genre, this album is it. 2Pac is a true poet on this one, as well as one with some deep thoughts on his mind. Even on the tribute track, "Old School", Shakur (intentionally or not) portrays a great loss of innocence. He really sings his Blues throughout.

REMEMBER SEEIN BROOKLYN GO CRAAAYYYYZEE UP IN THA M'FUCKIN PARTY?!?! REMEMBER M'FUCKAZ USTA SAY 'IS BROOKLYN IN THA HOUUUSSE' N M'FUCKAZ WOULD LOSE THEY GODDAMN MIND YO, THAT SHIT WAS THA BOMB, BACK IN THE M'FUCKIN OLD SKOOL"

:):):)

i think young hooray for tolerance!z goes quite a way to portrayin the loss of innocence although a lil more intentionally with semi robs it of its poigniancy (i suddenly forgot how to spell that word)

If there's any proof that Rap music is capable of bringing as much emotional potency and artistry as any other genre, this album is it. 2Pac is a true poet on this one, as well as one with some deep thoughts on his mind. Even on the tribute track, "Old School", Shakur (intentionally or not) portrays a great loss of innocence. He really sings his Blues throughout.

:)

Agreed.

I love this album.

Personally, I thought this album was boring....besides "Dear Mama" obviously. Everybody should connect with that song, I don't care who you are.

I think All Eyes on Me was better. But neither are better than 2pacalypse

i cant call it, i love every album this m'fucka made :):) cept for everything post r u still down? some shit on until the end of time was tolerable, better days was insulting n then jus plain downhill.

"Can U Get Away" is tragic.

Fuck it, this whole album is great. The production on "Fuck the World" is weak though.

Edited by Ohdistortedsmile1789

• 2 months later...

I was disappointed in Tupac for becoming a product of the angry, gangster life style of rap music once he became famous. To be honest, I was never a huge fan of his work on Death Row. I felt his artistic vision was being exploited and his message diluted. Despite his outward insistence of 'thug life', he was one of the most socially conscious and sensitive MC's to have graced the mic. Me Against the World is one of the best rap albums of all time and what I believe to be his crowning achievement. It might sound like posthumous glorification, but he was the real deal..

-Kickingthehabit