How long can GNR continue to tour with emty arenas?

Sjakalen

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

you fucking retard! I told you before, you shouldn't be allowed to open a topic! :lol:

GNR is the #1 tour so far, or maybe #2 ...something like that!

so how is it a flop? ....retarded kid! ....go to sleep! :lol:

i agree with this fine man right here

haha i said fine man

my bAd

anyway

they are doing really good

i think i read somewhere that they are thed 3rd best american tour

you fucking retard! I told you before, you shouldn't be allowed to open a topic! :lol:

GNR is the #1 tour so far, or maybe #2 ...something like that!

so how is it a flop? ....retarded kid! ....go to sleep! :lol:

i agree with this fine man right here

haha i said fine man

my bAd

anyway

they are doing really good

i think i read somewhere that they are thed 3rd best american tour

exactly guys, im getting sick of all the negative bs around here :angry:

I saw the crowd empty by at least half at Inland Invasion.

I started out in row 15 area at Vegas. Towards the end of the set, I was at row 3.

Well, I went to a show in in Nov in california, small venue, place was packed, concession line was long, they played the next night, again packed. Granted thses are small venues 3k or so, but have you been to a show yet? 10,000 is no Day on the Green or anything, but that is still enough to get an arena going. Onece album comes out it will be better, but I was at a concert with three k and it was a blast. The show will go on.

How can GNR sell records when people dont even want to see them live. I feel bad for GNR right know...The start of the Chinese Democracy tour has been a big flop!

I won't feel bad for them even if the arenas are total empty.

Maybe this would make them realize that people have got bored listening to the same songs and decide to release their fuckin new cd!

I started out in row 15 area at Vegas. Towards the end of the set, I was at row 3.

I don't know how that is possible, there were no "rows" in Vegas!

As for this topic, I have been to a couple of shows, and I think it is going pretty well thus far. At $75 a ticket, you don't have to sell very many to make money. And the venues are pretty full. Vegas was sold out on Sat night, near sell out on Sunday. Inland Invasion was packed. The south Fl show was full, Tampa nearly a sell out. Jacksonville was the lowest, but still approx 70% full. MSG will be sold out. pollstar has the tour as one of the best!

What's the problem?

As for this topic, I have been to a couple of shows, and I think it is going pretty well thus far. At $75 a ticket, you don't have to sell very many to make money. And the venues are pretty full. Vegas was sold out on Sat night, near sell out on Sunday. Inland Invasion was packed. The south Fl show was full, Tampa nearly a sell out. Jacksonville was the lowest, but still approx 70% full. MSG will be sold out. pollstar has the tour as one of the best!

What's the problem?

the problem is that people have nothing better to do with their lives but go on a forum and talk shit.

gnr is doing really well right now, and are continuing to go strong, when the cd drops with a single, these places are gonna go from what they are now to 95% to sell outs B)

long live robin, dizzy, tommy, ron, axl, brain, chris, and richard rock4

i agree i don't what the fuck happened at inland invasion but it was awful alot of people left and no one seemed into the new songs where we were sitting yes it was late but thier were people whom just plain weren't having a good time it was not what they expected but i had so much fun but i hope people are more into gnr in dec. when i go

This is fact and dont opinions.

The 2002 sold better then this tour! We cant blame promoters..what can they do?

i think the reason is simple, GNR isnt a interesting band in the US anymore. People who go to show is tired of all the solos and jams. they want to see axl not the guitar wanking crap.

GNR made their "comebeck" in 02, beck then it was almost 10 years since their last tour. No its a new comebeck wich dont create the same interest. at the same time : how can people identify with a band who comes up with a bunch of new faces everytime??

Those reason is a result of stupid choices made by Axl Rose himself. It cant be to good for Axl and see that he dont "sale"anymore. Hes only hope is to put out a record to fill the arenas. Personly i think the new material will be to fare away from old GNR that most fans will turn their beck to him and GNR!

i think the reason is simple, GNR isnt a interesting band in the US anymore. People who go to show is tired of all the solos and jams. they want to see axl not the guitar wanking crap.

GNR made their "comebeck" in 02, beck then it was almost 10 years since their last tour. No its a new comebeck wich dont create the same interest. at the same time : how can people identify with a band who comes up with a bunch of new faces everytime??

Those reason is a result of stupid choices made by Axl Rose himself. It cant be to good for Axl and see that he dont "sale"anymore. Hes only hope is to put out a record to fill the arenas. Personly i think the new material will be to fare away from old GNR that most fans will turn their beck to him and GNR!

Aren't you a die-hard Axl fan? :o

Keep the faith man...it can only get better from here on out. Atleast we won't have the abomination that was the 2002 tour...

What's the problem?

I understand that there were no seats. But when people fill the area in general admission, the ones up towads the stage generally consider that to be the front. As they line up across the stage, that "front" area becomes a row of people. For short hand, they refer to that as a front row instead of "a group of people lined up in the general vicinity of where the front row would be had chairs been laid out." When I refered to the third row, it was to the "front row" as described above.

And I'm thrilled to read the 3K sized venue was a sell out. That makes sense to play those kinds of venues.

Do you have eyes in the back of your head? Cause you are doing ALOT of backtracking. Youiddnt even go, you made that shit up and got caught, now go back to the VR site and report your failure.

Lame

What's the problem?

i bet that till end november the tour will be cancelled.

I understand that there were no seats. But when people fill the area in general admission, the ones up towads the stage generally consider that to be the front. As they line up across the stage, that "front" area becomes a row of people. For short hand, they refer to that as a front row instead of "a group of people lined up in the general vicinity of where the front row would be had chairs been laid out." When I refered to the third row, it was to the "front row" as described above.

And I'm thrilled to read the 3K sized venue was a sell out. That makes sense to play those kinds of venues.

Do you have eyes in the back of your head? Cause you are doing ALOT of backtracking. Youiddnt even go, you made that shit up and got caught, now go back to the VR site and report your failure.

Lame

well I know I bought tickets to the Detroit show and the fewer people on the floor the closer to the stage I'll be. Very few people that are not die hard fans even know GNR are touring, that's sad. I'm doing my part I'll be there can't wait

QUOTE(HisRoyalFatness @ Nov 3 2006, 06:51 PM)

QUOTE(joe123 @ Nov 3 2006, 06:36 PM)

QUOTE(HisRoyalFatness @ Nov 3 2006, 07:23 PM)

What's the problem?

Lame

Seems pretty obvious to me what he meant. People always talk about rows, even if there aren't seats. I don't know why you think everybody's lying all the time...like when chicks complain about your small dick, they're not lying.

Edited by potbreath

Look here you dumbfuck Pollstar Top 50 This Week rock2

All you fucking haters love this tour to flop....but it ain't going to happen! rock3

The tour is niether a jugernaut, nor it is not a flop so far. It is somewhere in between. 1st two shows, sold great. Jacksonville and Estero were a lighter crowds (most likely as a result of the rescheduling and saturation with too many shows in FL). There are different accounts on how many people where at the PR show. NC and tonights show are smaller markets and are tougher to fill up (I don't think they sold those markets out in their hayday). There are a couple of larger markets that will sell well coming up, but the sales overall seem to be a bit slow when compare them to they heyday of GNR. It depends on what someone thinks a "successful" tour is. Compared to 91, sure, it is a flop. But Axl is showing up and playing kickass shows to thousands of people. I'd like for ticketsales to be better, and I won't quote a pollstar chart to give me the delusion this tour is the hottest ticket in town, but I don't think we can call the tour a flop just yet.

QUOTE(HisRoyalFatness @ Nov 3 2006, 06:51 PM)

QUOTE(joe123 @ Nov 3 2006, 06:36 PM)

QUOTE(HisRoyalFatness @ Nov 3 2006, 07:23 PM)

What's the problem?

Lame

Seems pretty obvious to me what he meant. People always talk about rows, even if there aren't seats. I don't know why you think everybody's lying all the time...like when chicks complain about your small dick, they're not lying.

Ummm.....Potbreath....are you Gay? No really, why would you evn go there. I have NEVER heard anyone ever say rows when referring to the floor area. And I have nver heard any of my non homosexual friends or aquaintances talk about penis, unless they were female. You are gay man. Please do not respond to me any further, penis talk is not my bag man.

Edited by Gunzen