How long can GNR continue to tour with emty arenas?

Sjakalen

This is fact and dont opinions.

The 2002 sold better then this tour! We cant blame promoters..what can they do?

i think the reason is simple, GNR isnt a interesting band in the US anymore. People who go to show is tired of all the solos and jams. they want to see axl not the guitar wanking crap.

GNR made their "comebeck" in 02, beck then it was almost 10 years since their last tour. No its a new comebeck wich dont create the same interest. at the same time : how can people identify with a band who comes up with a bunch of new faces everytime??

Those reason is a result of stupid choices made by Axl Rose himself. It cant be to good for Axl and see that he dont "sale"anymore. Hes only hope is to put out a record to fill the arenas. Personly i think the new material will be to fare away from old GNR that most fans will turn their beck to him and GNR!

If that's how you feel, then why are you bothering to waste your time posting on this site?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ummm.....Potbreath....are you Gay? No really, why would you evn go there. I have NEVER heard anyone ever say rows when referring to the floor area. And I have nver heard any of my non homosexual friends or aquaintances talk about penis, unless they were female. You are gay man. Please do not respond to me any further, penis talk is not my bag man.

I'm only gay when your sucking my dick.

You've never heard somebody make a small dick joke and you've never heard of the front row at a concert without seats? OK.

Ummm.....Potbreath....are you Gay? No really, why would you evn go there. I have NEVER heard anyone ever say rows when referring to the floor area. And I have nver heard any of my non homosexual friends or aquaintances talk about penis, unless they were female. You are gay man. Please do not respond to me any further, penis talk is not my bag man.

You've never heard somebody make a small dick joke and you've never heard of the front row at a concert without seats? OK.

:rolleyes: wow dude, i would delete that comment if i were you.

Actually, I may have heard small dick jokes when I was like 15 or so, but not since I grew up and got a job, really I dont talk about that. Why do you find it so hard to believe that a non homosexual guy just doesnt refer to other mens private anatomy? I actually aviod it at all costs, no interest for me there. I just dont do it, and your other comment was half right. You are gay. If you wanna criticize my opinon, fine, just dont assume us "straight" guys who are over puberty run around typing "dick jokes" cause we just dont, or at least I dont. I have actually never seen anyone else refer to penis size on this forum but your gay ass. Sorry to dissapoint ya, but I am straight.

P.S. But if you wat to champion penis talk be my guest, just dont inlude me if you dont mind Kthanx!

Actually, I may have heard small dick jokes when I was like 15 or so, but not since I grew up and got a job, really I dont talk about that. Why do you find it so hard to believe that a non homosexual guy just doesnt refer to other mens private anatomy? I actually aviod it at all costs, no interest for me there. I just dont do it, and your other comment was half right. You are gay. If you wanna criticize my opinon, fine, just dont assume us "straight" guys who are over puberty run around typing "dick jokes" cause we just dont, or at least I dont. I have actually never seen anyone else refer to penis size on this forum but your gay ass. Sorry to dissapoint ya, but I am straight.

P.S. But if you wat to champion penis talk be my guest, just dont inlude me if you dont mind Kthanx!

Grow up both of you!

Ooops, I forgot, guys never grow up!

:P:P:P

Grow up both of you!

Ooops, I forgot, guys never grow up!

:P:P:P

hey gina, I did, he is the one who started that stuff, and you are right, we don really ever grow up.

It's difficult to tell exactly how successful this tour has been. It's hard to put too much faith in the figures from pollstar when we're hearing reports of tickets being given away free. There aren't any signs that this tour is on the verge of falling apart, but it's not the huge success that some people seem to be trying to convince themselves that it is. Tickets just seem to be selling very slowly in some areas and that may or may not change.

I really liked the original band of GNR, but I would like to know you Velvet Revolver are doing, I don't even hear about them!!!

ahhh I hope the reunite some day, but for now AXL ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is a Velvet Revolver board attached to this forum. You need to look around when you enter through mygnr.com.

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showforum=32

I got tickets for the Chicago show on Nov 27th. I bought the tickets on the day it became available, therefore I was able to get 2 tickets at the highest price level. I searched for tickets just now to see how many seats were left, I wasn't able to find any at this price level any more. By selecting tickets at "any price level", the search turned up 2 seats at the lowest price. Mind you that the highest price level includes a GA FLOOR in addition to level one seats, this the the standing area right under the stage and it's huge!!

I think this is a great indication of a well-selling concert. Can't say about other stops, but looks like they are doing well in Chicago, with absolutly no promotion or advertising (none I've seen or heard anyway).

k

Pollstar tells us that Bob Seger & The Silver Bullet Band are the most popular band in america right now. Twice as popular as GNR. Is this something to be proud of?

I somehow do not believe that Pollstar is a true reflection of the state of ticket sales. If somebody can prove to me how the power index is calculated, then I will believe. But stop quoting Pollstar if you dont actually know what it is.

I think the NA tour is doing okay, but nothing special. People who talk about how its down to promotion etc. are full of shit. The European tour was frequently sold out with no major promotion.

Does anyone know the exactly size of the crowd and size of the arenas?

Try looking up the arena hompage.... they usaly have on... just like Spektrum... there you can find the info you need.

And btw, people who are on the shows usaly report how full the arena was... :xmassrudolph:

To think that this tour is outselling the Rolling Stones, RHCP's, and Aerosmith/Crue............means you are fucking retarded.

well i know for sure the aero/motley tour is selling like crap, they are offering buy 3 get the 4th free tickets in many areas, and we are talking ampitheaters, not arenas in most cities. and that my friends is what you would call a dissapointing tour.

Live music certainly has hit rock bottom with all the pop/rap crap out now. Sad... hard to be optimistic and easy to be a pessimist. Not enough bands to pick up where others left off. The talent level has nose dived in my opinion... That said this GnR tour is a great show and those who are missing it are missing one of the best frontmen of all time. It doesn't matter this is almost a glorified cover band, they ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :xmassrudolph:

What did GNR do in Jacksonville again?

date - 10/21/06

artist - Eric Clapton, Derek Trucks Band

venue - Veterans Memorial Arena - Jacksonville, FL

promoter - Fantasma Productions

gross - 844,555

sold - 10,561

capacity - 11,966

percent sold - 88.3%

ticket price - $95.00 / $55.00

Here's Iron Maiden in NJ...

10/13/06

Iron Maiden, Bullet For My Valentine

Continental Airlines Arena - East Rutherford, NJ

Metropolitan Talent Presents

91.2%

$59.50 / $39.50

and RHCP in Toronto...

09/25/06

Red Hot Chili Peppers, The Mars Volta

Air Canada Centre - Toronto,

House of Blues Canada

2/2 (two shows, two sell-outs)

100%

$64.45 $37.60

One thing that's weird is that GNR isn't even listed in the 'new concerts' section in the reports I see, and everybody else and their dog is in there. And I think they were only listed in other places because Papa Roach sent out the info. And they wonder why tx aren't selling!

PS: All the Rolling Stones and Elton John shows that I can see (about five) are sell outs.

Edited by snooze72

I saw the crowd empty by at least half at Inland Invasion.

I started out in row 15 area at Vegas. Towards the end of the set, I was at row 3.

wow, we got a liar in the house. I was at the Vegas shows. There were no "rows" it was all open floor. No one left, there were just as many people at the start as there were at the end. You are a freakin loser.

I saw the crowd empty by at least half at Inland Invasion.

I started out in row 15 area at Vegas. Towards the end of the set, I was at row 3.

wow, we got a liar in the house. I was at the Vegas shows. There were no "rows" it was all open floor. No one left, there were just as many people at the start as there were at the end. You are a freakin loser.

already exposed that guy yesterday, he tried to backtrack, but from now on anything his royal fatness says I will not belive, he tried to be cool. I really feel most people who have not seen them talk the most. I have seen them, and I cannot believe anyone who has would be so critical, the are just phenominal.