3500 tickets sold?, you wanna know why?

avg_

only 3500 tickets were sold because when your in a town full of christians, the fathers lock up their daughters when they hear axl's in town, and the boys just listen to some gay ass band called creed.,

for the other 3500 that bought them, this does NOT reflect on you =]

Or its because a band thats been widely forgotten for 10-12 years is touring for an album that is never coming out. Take your pick.

Seriously though they should have at least put out a single. The just "it will show up one day" approach isn't working.

Edited by gnrrulz

Or its because a band thats been widely forgotten for 10-12 years is touring for an album that is never coming out. Take your pick.

Seriously though they should have at least put out a single. The just "it will show up one day" approach isn't working.

heh democracy in china? NEVER

chinese democracy? NEVER

i think axl had a silent meaning to the album name

its never comming

only 3500 tickets were sold because when your in a town full of christians, the fathers lock up their daughters when they hear axl's in town, and the boys just listen to some gay ass band called creed.,

The arena only apparently holds 6000 people. That's a reflection of the size of the town. If most of the arenas hold in upwards of 20,000 in a lot of the larger venues, and only 10,000 tickets are sold, they actually sold BETTER in Portland (60% capacity vs. 50% in some of the larger venues).

I would have been happy with that if I were Axl.

So, I don't buy the 'low ticket sales' for this cancelation. I'll leave my opinion to that.

EDIT: Oh, I forgot to flame... just so you know, 85% of the population of North America is CHRISTIAN. The town you're in is FULL OF CHRISTIANS. In fact, any town in North America is FULL OF CHRISTIONS. I suppose you're an atheist? Maybe a muslim exremist plotting an attack on the Sears tower? If you were trying to be funny, I suggest not quitting your day job at 7-11.

Edited by Matt13

My whole family are strict Christians and it was my father who drove me to see Axl!

Do you mean drove you to see Axl in a car or drove you to see him by encouragement?

LP

P.S. My Dad's not at all Christian and he hates Axl - funny world isn't it.... or does religion have very little to do with which bands people like these days.

Portland is a town of 60,000 people... Maine's population is 1.2 million.

And there was no promotion... only mention on the radio, what band playing isnt mentioned... People really need not to get upset about these ticket sales...

folks these days need VH1 or the today show telling them about a reunion show to go see an old Act play.

And really, do you think maine is ultra conservative? We almost always vote democrat, cept our female senators, and are a notoriously liberal state with laws the like of california in a lot of situations.

As far as people locking up ther daughters when Axl comes to town, has that happened since '93?

Edited by BBruin66

Most bands do not go to Portland, Maine because it is what the music business calls a "soft market" but we had a lot of letters from fans in the area and we were determined to play there regardless of whether it was "only" 3500 people. We are doing something positive in a negative world. If you are with us fantastic. If you want to live your live in an adverse way stay at home.

Now thats should clear things up.

The arena only apparently holds 6000 people. That's a reflection of the size of the town. If most of the arenas hold in upwards of 20,000 in a lot of the larger venues, and only 10,000 tickets are sold, they actually sold BETTER in Portland (60% capacity vs. 50% in some of the larger venues).

I would have been happy with that if I were Axl.

So, I don't buy the 'low ticket sales' for this cancelation. I'll leave my opinion to that.

EDIT: Oh, I forgot to flame... just so you know, 85% of the population of North America is CHRISTIAN. The town you're in is FULL OF CHRISTIANS. In fact, any town in North America is FULL OF CHRISTIONS. I suppose you're an atheist? Maybe a muslim exremist plotting an attack on the Sears tower? If you were trying to be funny, I suggest not quitting your day job at 7-11.

you is from the ghetto, i is from the ghetto.. we is all from the ghetto.

wank wank. your not quitting your day job line was so funny, i thought maybe you were a comedian.

Most bands do not go to Portland, Maine because it is what the music business calls a "soft market" but we had a lot of letters from fans in the area and we were determined to play there regardless of whether it was "only" 3500 people. We are doing something positive in a negative world. If you are with us fantastic. If you want to live your live in an adverse way stay at home.

Now thats should clear things up.

Yeah. The new question is why did they just tell 2800 of the 3000 to stay home?

This is the case!

seatchartkings2bs8.gif

Look at the picture! Now we have to clear things out. If the arenas full capacity was 6000, just look at the picture and figure out how the capacity was in this case. This was not a basketball game..

Some on this forum who had been there said that there only was one section that wasn´t filled to max.

If the arenas total capacity was 6000(without the stage so u can count in the sections behind it) it would only take 2 thirds-4000. Still lack of sales?

This is the case!

seatchartkings2bs8.gif

Look at the picture! Now we have to clear things out. If the arenas full capacity was 6000, just look at the picture and figure out how the capacity was in this case. This was not a basketball game..

Some on this forum who had been there said that there only was one section that wasn´t filled to max.

If the arenas total capacity was 6000(without the stage so u can count in the sections behind it) it would only take 2 thirds-4000. Still lack of sales?

6000 is the concert set up. Nice try though.

Look at how well the Canadian sales are going. That's because MuchMoreMusic has segments dedicated to the GN'R tour, the radio announces the shows then plays a GN'R song...

I don't know why no promotion at all is going on there...

Why should anyone on the forums complain about tickets being available?? I'm psyched I can get good seats to shows. Once the album drops this situation is likely to change and we can all say we were there before everyone else jumped back on the bandwagon.