I apologize for being letting my criticisms veer towards insults

HisRoyalFatness

So I feel really bad for making negative comments about Axl. Now that I see how personally he and management take our criticisms. As this tour's continued with no album, now single, and slower than expected sales, my feelings of disappointment have grown. And I'm afraid I've let frustration get the better of me.

I hope Axl and his management can understand that those snarky comments only come out of my love for Axl and sincere desire to see him succeed again as an artist. I know that's hard to buy. But let me try to explain it...

I genuinely dislike a few things: fish, Southern Baptists, and Walmart super stores to name a few. Do you know how much time I spend reading about those topics daily? None. I honestly couldn't make myself care enough about Southern Baptists to find their message board, accumulate tons of information about relevant topics, and then post insults just to piss them off.

Remember when the Better commercial came out? I was ecstatic. I haven't been able to feel that good about Axl in a long time. So far, that’s been the only real difference between 2K2 and 2K6. You all saw the signs I put up. I nearly punched my good friend James in the face that day because he kept bad mouthing Axl. I was posting tons of pro-Axl (even pro-Merck) stuff on the board.

When things are going well, everyone rallies behind Axl. But recently we have seen some pretty bad reviews, poor ticket sales, and now a cancelled concert. Still no word about a release date for the album, even though it’s supposedly coming out within the next few weeks. A lot of people have lost hope that the album’s coming out. I haven't. I really still believe that Chinese Democracy will start this year. But every time I read that 2K6 is starting to take a turn towards 2K2 territory, it really disappoints me. That's when I start posting snide little things on the boards. I'd like to apologize for that, but I’d at least hope that Axl and Merck can realize that these criticisms are only a product of the hope that Axl Rose will one day give the world more music.

But you've got to admit, deep down inside, that people like me have been right about a lot of stuff. We may have been wrong to phrase our criticism in such a negative way, but when it really comes down to it, Axl has proven he agrees with a lot of the posts. He totally revamped his image since 2K2 along with several key members of the band. It's been great. People bitched about the setlists, and he’s made an effort to change them up. Even Axl himself calls 2K2 a catastrophe. I was one of those people who witnessed the catastrophe live and in person. And you know what? I’m still a huge fan.

So I’m going to quit posting with the name HisRoyalFatness. It's insulting and cheap. It's meant to piss people off. As frustrating as it is to be a fan of Axl Rose, I shouldn't be insulting the guy. Especially now that we know he reads these boards all the time.

I'm sorry I make fun of Merck, even though I think his management choices have been questionable and his press releases laughable. I'm not sorry about insulting Del James though, 'cause fuck him. He's an awful writer.

I'll make an effort to keep my criticisms constructive when I re-register. Axl is one of my heroes. He's done way more with his life than I'll ever do with mine. He's touched millions, and he's always been personally inspiring to me. He came from nowhere, had nothing but a dream and pursued it all the way to the end. His music (along with Slash, Izzy, Duff and Steven) helped me to think outside of the box. Helped me realize I didn’t have to lead a normal life with a normal job. I'm very grateful that I found Guns N' Roses at such an early point in my life.

I’d really like to feel that way as an adult.

One other thing about Merck and the management real quick... The deleting of posts and topics at HTTGTH is silly. Deleting criticisms of the band doesn't make them go away. It only means you won't have to see it.

You want to build good word of mouth for your band? Do publicity, get 'em on TV, get a single out there, put out a release date, play the shows you schedule and take the stage at a reasonable time. And don't insult your fans.

If you do this, you can build good word of mouth organically. It might be a better strategy than just paying Jarmo to delete any criticisms he can find on the internet. Criticism is not the disease. It's a symptom of the disease.

Edited by HisRoyalFatness

:huh:

I really hope you arent being serious here, you have never been insulting toward the new band, Axl, or Merck. Youve just made great points against them, along with some good sarcastic humor. If that really bothers them they can cry about it, but dont fucking apologize...

I understand you point brother.......

I am one of the biggest defenders of axl and I never said anything bad about the new band...(of course I prefer slash and duff and izzy..) I never said anything bad about these guys....

and right now I´m losing my hopes in ch dm this year... one month ago I was so excited..I couldn´t sleep..

but now I´m beggining to lose my faith on axl......

Í´M A VERY POSITIVE GUY!!!

I´M ONE OF THE BIGGEST DEFENDERS OF THIS NEW BAND!!!!

I´M ONE OF THE BIGGEST DEFENDERS OF AXL!!

but.. <_<

is really chinese democracy being released this year??? :question:

I´m sad....

I agree, they are being babies about it. who gives a shit about what a bunch of people on the internet ramble about. I guess this proves one and for all that gnr management keep a tight leash on fan forums. In reality, who gives a fuck, its just people bantering on the internet. It really means nothing, and should have no affect on production of a music album. maybe if they spent more time making the record than reading forums CD would be out by now.

R2C&B

So I feel really bad for making negative comments about Axl. Now that I see how personally he and management take our criticisms. As this tour's continued with no album, now single, and slower than expected sales, my feelings of disappointment have grown. And I'm afraid I've let frustration get the better of me.

I hope Axl and his management can understand that those snarky comments only come out of my love for Axl and sincere desire to see him succeed again as an artist. I know that's hard to buy. But let me try to explain it...

I genuinely dislike a few things: fish, Southern Baptists, and Walmart super stores to name a few. Do you know how much time I spend reading about those topics daily? None. I honestly couldn't make myself care enough about Southern Baptists to find their message board, accumulate tons of information about relevant topics, and then post insults just to piss them off.

Remember when the Better commercial came out? I was ecstatic. I haven't been able to feel that good about Axl in a long time. So far, that’s been the only real difference between 2K2 and 2K6. You all saw the signs I put up. I nearly punched my good friend James in the face that day because he kept bad mouthing Axl. I was posting tons of pro-Axl (even pro-Merck) stuff on the board.

When things are going well, everyone rallies behind Axl. But recently we have seen some pretty bad reviews, poor ticket sales, and now a cancelled concert. Still no word about a release date for the album, even though it’s supposedly coming out within the next few weeks. A lot of people have lost hope that the album’s coming out. I haven't. I really still believe that Chinese Democracy will start this year. But every time I read that 2K6 is starting to take a turn towards 2K2 territory, it really disappoints me. That's when I start posting snide little things on the boards. I'd like to apologize for that, but I’d at least hope that Axl and Merck can realize that these criticisms are only a product of the hope that Axl Rose will one day give the world more music.

But you've got to admit, deep down inside, that people like me have been right about a lot of stuff. We may have been wrong to phrase our criticism in such a negative way, but when it really comes down to it, Axl has proven he agrees with a lot of the posts. He totally revamped his image since 2K2 along with several key members of the band. It's been great. People bitched about the setlists, and he’s made an effort to change them up. Even Axl himself calls 2K2 a catastrophe. I was one of those people who witnessed the catastrophe live and in person. And you know what? I’m still a huge fan.

So I’m going to quit posting with the name HisRoyalFatness. It's insulting and cheap. It's meant to piss people off. As frustrating as it is to be a fan of Axl Rose, I shouldn't be insulting the guy. Especially now that we know he reads these boards all the time.

I'm sorry I make fun of Merck, even though I think his management choices have been questionable and his press releases laughable. I'm not sorry about insulting Del James though, 'cause fuck him. He's an awful writer.

I'll make an effort to keep my criticisms constructive when I re-register. Axl is one of my heroes. He's done way more with his life than I'll ever do with mine. He's touched millions, and he's always been personally inspiring to me. He came from nowhere, had nothing but a dream and pursued it all the way to the end. His music (along with Slash, Izzy, Duff and Steven) helped me to think outside of the box. Helped me realize I didn’t have to lead a normal life with a normal job. I'm very grateful that I found Guns N' Roses at such an early point in my life.

I’d really like to feel that way as an adult.

One other thing about Merck and the management real quick... The deleting of posts and topics at HTTGTH is silly. Deleting criticisms of the band doesn't make them go away. It only means you won't have to see it.

You want to build good worth of mouth for your band? Do publicity, get 'em on TV, get a single out there, put out a release date, play the shows you schedule and take the stage at a reasonable time. And don't insult your fans.

If you do this, you can build good word of mouth organically. It might be a better strategy than just paying Jarmo to delete any criticisms he can find on the internet. Criticism is not the disease. It's a symptom of the disease.

awsome post. I have been very critical of you in the past for most of the reasons you listed and I think this was honourable and a perfectly decent ballsy thing to do. Pretty much everything you said was true, and if I could make Axl read any one on the internet it would be this one.

A8R

Guys - it's a fucking album.

I'd like it to come out sure - everyone does I hope - but some people here act like it's going to a miracle cure!

Just live your life and let time pass and it will come - you've been "waiting" for the past 13 years - what's a little more going to harm? I'm not waiting - I come here for fun and to read news and reviews about the band - just like I do with other bands. I'm not putting everything else on hold.

Edit: HisRoyalFatness - not a dig at you, just people who just complain about the album not being out.

Edited by Binge_And_Slash

:unsure: Um, this better be a cruel joke HisRoyalFatness. You are awesome! And it looks like we hate a lot of the same things, *cough* Southern Baptists *cough*. I'm a huge fan myself, but I tend to keep my concerns and doubts inside and never mention it, must less actually POST these thoughts. So I think what you are doing is a healthy form of expression. GNR fans go through a lot after all...

I think it's funny how so many people are changing their tune now, since Merck & Axl issued that press release.

I think the truth falls somewhere in the middle. The old "there's 2 sides to every story" thing.

I also think the deletion of anything mentioning the harley ad or RS article WAS blatant censorship, but oh well. You only have to post over there if you choose to.

The Portland cancellation was just a small bump in the road that we (justifiably) freaked out about, now it's time to move on and look forward to the remainder of the tour and the cd release- whenever that may be.

I agree, they are being babies about it. who gives a shit about what a bunch of people on the internet ramble about. I guess this proves one and for all that gnr management keep a tight leash on fan forums. In reality, who gives a fuck, its just people bantering on the internet. It really means nothing, and should have no affect on production of a music album. maybe if they spent more time making the record than reading forums CD would be out by now.

R2C&B

It´s us the fans we´re talking about, not some "people bantering on the internet". That is what some people here was yelling about these recent days. First we are worthy everything, then suddenly we means nothing?

Come on.. Double Talkin´ Jive??