"Better" to make radio debut this week?

Randy Lahey

Do you guys think that we'll finally hear the studio version of "Better" on radio this week? I don't see why we won't if the new HD commercial with "Better" in it is going to be playing during the Nascar race on Sunday. What's the point of playing snippets, that to be honest don't sound all that great, of a song that the general public has never heard. I think "Better" sounds killer but I don't like the way it's been mixed into the commercial. You would think that the plan would be to have the song on radio so people hear it first and then see the commercial and go "Oh that's that cool new GnR song".

Edited by Randy Lahey

Great! Now we actually have to watch a NASCAR race?????

No you can watch the commercial on youtube if you haven't seen it. I'm just saying that what's the point of airing a commercial with parts of a song that the general public hasn't heard, which is supposed to be from an album that has no release date. If this commercial doesn't air on Sunday I think we can all safely assume that CD isn't coming out this year.

Guest ben9785

Please guys, I beg you, don't start losing faith. Wait until January. Anything is possible, I swear. Whether or not the ad turns up, or the song premiers on the radio or whatever, nobody really knows. Even people who work in Universal are apparently stumped and have "no indication the album is coming out" but you really just don't know.

I think it's safe to say that if the "Better" commercial doesn't play on Sunday this year is over as far as CD is concerned. I would go as far as saying that if we don't hear "Better" on the radio tomorrow or Friday the year is over as far as CD is concerned. Axl I have to hand it to you bro, you fooled me into going to the CD tour again four years after I initially saw the CD tour. How about calling the second leg of the tour, "The Emperors New Clothes" because that's exactly what it is.

I think it's safe to say that if the "Better" commercial doesn't play on Sunday this year is over as far as CD is concerned. I would go as far as saying that if we don't hear "Better" on the radio tomorrow or Friday the year is over as far as CD is concerned. Axl I have to hand it to you bro, you fooled me into going to the CD tour again four years after I initially saw the CD tour. How about calling the second leg of the tour, "The Emperors New Clothes" because that's exactly what it is.

omg, would you just bust out your "shit" analogy and get back to supervising the trailer park? :book:

A8R

Maybe they can get Axl to be the guy who says "Gentleman start your engines". Perhaps there is going to be a car with a "Guns N' Roses Chinese Democracy" paint scheme. Axl your "manager needs a manager" and I'm the man for the job. You can pay me in cheese burgers.

Do you guys think that we'll finally hear the studio version of "Better" on radio this week? I don't see why we won't if the new HD commercial with "Better" in it is going to be playing during the Nascar race on Sunday. What's the point of playing snippets, that to be honest don't sound all that great, of a song that the general public has never heard. I think "Better" sounds killer but I don't like the way it's been mixed into the commercial. You would think that the plan would be to have the song on radio so people hear it first and then see the commercial and go "Oh that's that cool new GnR song".

If we all only posted brain farts that beat a dead horse, we'd be able to crash the new server :D

If we all only posted brain farts that beat a dead horse, we'd be able to crash the new server :D

You seem like a very miserable person from reading your posts...I'm concerned about your mental well being. You should go see your Doctor and get on some medication. We wouldn't want you to commit suicide before CD comes out.

The NASCAR race is the most-watched event of the weekend by far, as far as TV ratings, so if they were to debut it that would be a good place to do it.

It's not an issue of how many people watch it (and btw, I doubt your assertion is true, but I don't care enough to open another window and google it) but what actually watching a NASCAR race represents. I think it actually kills more brain cells than marijuana.

I'm just saying that what's the point of airing a commercial with parts of a song that the general public hasn't heard, which is supposed to be from an album that has no release date. If this commercial doesn't air on Sunday I think we can all safely assume that CD isn't coming out this year.

Here's a new concept for you all: 'What if GnR wants to release the record, single, and video on the very same day to everyone in the world, so that everyone and ANYONE can enjoy it?"

Now, that would be not following the norm or the so call "rules" of mainstream entertainment industry would it?

Let's say, GnR releases a single and video before the album drops. Who benefits from this? The radio stations, the music video/internet networks, and the piracy rippers!!! And you know these undeserving mofos will be making millions off of GnR and their fans. And we all know how the Dj/Vj's can be assholes when they have the upperhand.

But, if you release everything at the same time to everyone, who benefits? The fans and GnR. Now, the fans will have the upper hand and will not be easily manipulated and ripped off.

GnR is always progressive and new - doing things differently and out of the box.

The NASCAR race is the most-watched event of the weekend by far, as far as TV ratings, so if they were to debut it that would be a good place to do it.

It's not an issue of how many people watch it (and btw, I doubt your assertion is true, but I don't care enough to open another window and google it) but what actually watching a NASCAR race represents. I think it actually kills more brain cells than marijuana.

It's quite true, NASCAR ranks just below Monday Night Football as the most-watched sport on television in the USA, and sometimes beats it. The only exceptions are events like the World Series.

Edited by teknophyle83