Merck responds on EODM

droezle

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

only thing it proves is that Axl is a douche, clearly the people hated EODM because they have no musical taste, seriously i think its better that EODM were somehwere else anyway, where they can get some respect from fans who appreciate that they are a band that do communicate, who releases albums and knows how to play a diverse set

Edited by motownjunkie

only thing it proves is that Axl is a douche, clearly the people hated EODM because they have no musical taste, seriously i think its better that EODM were somehwere else anyway, where they can get some respect from fans who appreciate that they are a band that do communicate, who releases albums and knows how to play a diverse set

Actually it´s pretty weird people prefer bands like Avenged Sevenfold or Bullet For My Valentine in front of EODM. Personally I think I´d rather se EODM before suffering through those other bands again which we had to see on the Europe-tour. I guess maybe its the new younger GN´R fans who like those bands...maybe...to me it was PURE EAR TORTURE.

Edited by Lukinx

I dont know who to believe, and honestly at this point I dont care. I do feel that what Axl did was out of line and classless, but I also think this other band should just let it go. They said there piece now lets move on.

And as far as who is telling the truth and who isnt, I honestly have no idea who to believe. I dont believe Merck anymore than I believe these guys.

1) Merck wouldnt admit those things happened even if they did.

2) Merck has been known for giving vague answers to questions and lying about things, so I dont believe a word that comes out of his mouth anymore.

And about this band not being able to "handle" a GNR crowd, thats bullshit. Maybe the crowd shouldnt act like fucking assholes to this band. Booing a band is fucking stupid, and it shows how classless a lot of the fans are as well. You dont like the band, you go get a beer, go get some fresh air, you dont ruin it for the people there that might actually be there to see the band.

I could see this happening at maybe a Slayer show, or Slipknot show, but not at a GNR show. I would like to think that even though GNR have very dedicated fans, that they also have classy fans, which seems to not be the case. Its sad really.

Tommy didnt chuck his bass, Axl didnt throw it back at him. I was there, it didnt happen like that.

Cool.

I know you said end of story but can you go more into details here?

Can you tell us if:

- you sensed Tommy got pissed of with Axl's rant?

- Tommy's bass was actually laid down on the floor?

- Axl told Tommy anything so that he would pick up the bass again like a boss giving orders to an employee?

I don't like this shit at all it actually happened.

I fear that something like this can thorn the band apart.

Hopefully Axl's sudden illness has nothing to do with this episode.

But if Tommy leaves and everybody else stays I guess Duff is more than welcome back :rofl-lol: .

Not that he is the best bassist on the face of earth but mostly because he and Axl used to be good friends and because he is a true Gunner rock3 .

Why does Merck respond to this issue and remain silent about the album we have been promised repeatedly will be released this year?

Because if the cd is actually hitting the shelfs this year then Merck would only spoil Axl's surprise to the fans if he said anything else.

They know we fans have always many doubts.

Even when we go to a GN'R rock show and we're waiting for Axl to hit the stage and he's already 5 minutes late we start getting suspicious and we start having second thoughts that he is going to appear.

So if the cd is here for Xmas then you have to shut up everybody in the band and Merck is part of that family.

Tommy didnt chuck his bass, Axl didnt throw it back at him. I was there, it didnt happen like that.

Cool.

I know you said end of story but can you go more into details here?

Can you tell us if:

- you sensed Tommy got pissed of with Axl's rant?

- Tommy's bass was actually laid down on the floor?

- Axl told Tommy anything so that he would pick up the bass again like a boss giving orders to an employee?

I don't like this shit at all it actually happened.

I fear that something like this can thorn the band apart.

Hopefully Axl's sudden illness has nothing to do with this episode.

But if Tommy leaves and everybody else stays I guess Duff is more than welcome back :rofl-lol: .

Not that he is the best bassist on the face of earth but mostly because he and Axl used to be good friends and because he is a true Gunner rock3 .

What are you saying ? Duff is an amazing bass-player (Rocket Queen, You Could Be Mine intro, It's so easy, etc) ! He can also play guitar ! Tommy isn't a patch on Duff.

Edited by pepsicoca

the interesting thing is that Merck didn't deny that comment from EDOM where they said that GNR management phoned them back to apologise....

all he said was untrue was the axl vs tommy incident....

nothing else that dude mentioned.

i think there is merit in both stories.

What are you saying ? Duff is an amazing bass-player (Rocket Queen, You Could Be Mine intro, It's so easy, etc) ! He can also play guitar ! Tommy isn't a patch on Duff.

Hey, I didn't say I find Duff a mediocre bass player or something similar, now did I?

I think he is a damn good one even though he might not be the best out there, just as simple as that.

As a matter of fact and since we already have Izzy on some shows I would really love to see Duff back on GN'R now that he's solved his...alcohol problems.

That is, if all this BS has any truth about Axl vs Tommy on the EODM issue and if Tommy really decides it's best for him to leave GN'R.

the interesting thing is that Merck didn't deny that comment from EDOM where they said that GNR management phoned them back to apologise....

all he said was untrue was the axl vs tommy incident....

nothing else that dude mentioned.

i think there is merit in both stories.

That's true. There were several accusations made by EODM that were not addressed.

Good to see though that GnR is so observant when it comes to audience reactions. Wonder if they ever took notice of all the people who sit down or run for the bar and bathrooms when the solos are going on.

So many Gn'R fans are so mindless that if Axl went on stage and said, " I think the Beatles suck" , there would be a ton of people on here the next day bashing the Beatles! Most of you who are making these lame "Pigeons" jokes have never even heard EODM. But since Axl doesn't like them (when by most accounts, he wasn't even there to see them play) thats reason enough for you to hate them. Learn to form your own opinions for gods sake!

well put.

You guys are already speculating that Tommy is going to leave to "hopefully be replaced by Duff" ??

Come on, give me a break!

KK x

Wouldn't be half bad. -_- Maybe Duff could convince Axl to fire Finck as well and get Slash back.

Axl must release Chin Dem. After it has been released everything is possible, including a reunion. :xmasssanta:

For fuck's sake give it a rest!

THERE IS NO REUNION, and Slash and Duff have their own band.. They're not gonna come crawling back to Axl begging him to let them into GN'R again.. It's not gonna happen!

Enjoy GN'R for what they are, and what they were, enjoy Velvet Revolver (but shoot Scott Weiland, we don't need lyrics lol) but please STOP talking about a reunion just because it's RUMOURED that there is trouble brewing within GN'R!

KK

For fuck's sake give it a rest!

THERE IS NO REUNION, and Slash and Duff have their own band.. They're not gonna come crawling back to Axl begging him to let them into GN'R again.. It's not gonna happen!

Enjoy GN'R for what they are, and what they were, enjoy Velvet Revolver (but shoot Scott Weiland, we don't need lyrics lol) but please STOP talking about a reunion just because it's RUMOURED that there is trouble brewing within GN'R!

KK

I think the implication is that it will happen the other way around. At this point, one could easily argue that Axl needs them more than they need Axl, but the real truth is that they all need each other. None of them have come close to what the did together since they split.

I was at the show in Cleveland and didn't see anything happen with Tommy... I wasn't looking for it, but I didn't see it.

Any they started playing another tune seconds after Axl said that about POSM (Pigeons of Shit Metal).

Final comment - believe me - POSM weren't "winning the crowd over" by the end of their set. No such thing.