Scathing GNR article in Oregonian

pdxballer

Regardless of your opinion of it, the article was very well written.

LOL... YEAH MAN, SHE HAD GREAT FUCKING SYNTAX!

I'm tired of hearing every journalist and their mother's take on the new GN'R. It's always the same rhetoric. They relate it to a personal moment with the old GN'R and leave with the "HE'S A PARODY OF HIS FORMER SELF" punchline.

I could write a short novel on things wrong with axl/new GN'R. But he's NOT trying to recapture the old GN'R. Anyone with a bantam interest in the new GN'R would know that.

I'm tired of hearing every journalist and their mother's take on the new GN'R. It's always the same rhetoric. They relate it to a personal moment with the old GN'R and leave with the "HE'S A PARODY OF HIS FORMER SELF" punchline.

I could write a short novel on things wrong with axl/new GN'R. But he's NOT trying to recapture the old GN'R. Anyone with a bantam interest in the new GN'R would know that.

Agreed, these journalists need to leave 1987 where it belongs, 20 years in the past.

But he's NOT trying to recapture the old GN'R

That may be true, but taking an entirely new group of guys and touring as GNR makes it tough for the average person to surmise anything other than the conclusion he is trying to recapture the old GNR. People would not be saying that sort of thing if he weren't using the name. It comes with the territory.

Simple Solution: Release CD

The world in many ways remains a jungle. But for Axl to regain his crown as rock king will take a longer, harder road than perhaps even he realizes.

The line is the only part of this atricle that rings true for me. Times have changed and there is way more crap music out there now.

But what I mean by leaving 1987 behind is that these journalists keep harping on the fact that Axl doesn't look like he did 20 years ago-I mean come ON, who does?

in the past...somewhere around 1991...

Axl and old line-up released UYI 1&2. they said they were

getting bored playing AFD for 5years and they cant wait

to rid of the weight of AFD and play new matterial...

the present...somewhere around 2006...

Axl and new line-up didnt release new matterial and

Axl IS STILL PLAYING AFD !!! getting bored of AFD???

cant wait to play new matterial??? now tell me,anyone,

are we crazy or what?

logical solution... RELEASE SOME FUCKING MUSIC

AND SHUT THE FUCK ME UP :rofl-lol: