On the bright side...

Meatheads

"It takes approximately 8 weeks for an album to hit the shelves once it has been turned in to the record company."

That means that the CD will be turned in around Jan 9th to the record company for the March 6th date, and will be leaked onto the internet within the week. Once it's handed over, it's out of the protective vault Axl keeps it in. New music by mid January? I'm up for that.

"It takes approximately 8 weeks for an album to hit the shelves once it has been turned in to the record company."

That means that the CD will be turned in around Jan 9th to the record company for the March 6th date, and will be leaked onto the internet within the week. Once it's handed over, it's out of the protective vault Axl keeps it in. New music by mid January? I'm up for that.

Pretty much.

I'm still buying the CD the day it comes out, even after all this bullshit. But still, you best believe if there are new leaks I will be there for every one of them.

That means that the CD will be turned in around Jan 9th to the record company for the March 6th date

Don't confuse Axl's statement with fact...

Assuming you get your download, will you be buying the album? I hope you are.

I hope everyone on this forum will be buying this album, otherwise that would be a disgrace...

If i was to download it, i will still buy this album, i was thinking about getting 3 copies for different purposes.

It's very easy to get excited now, march isn't that far away, i will keep my excitment in untill we get a new single, untill then we've just got Axl's word.

Of course I'll buy the album. I've bought over 80 official GNR cd's. I own almost no bootlegs. The record industry loves me. I believe in being able to hear before you buy- makes the artist put out something worth paying 12 bucks for, or at minumum, buying a used copy for 7.

Fact is, I'll probably but 2-3 copies when it comes out.

Just want to hear something new, like most of us here. Been following for a long time and need some love from Axl.

BTW- I don't have much confidence yet in the March date, this is all just hypothetical at this point as far as the intent of my post. Honestly, I don't trust what Axl says about the record anymore. Too many issues and excuses. It is JUST a record after all, not rocket science.

When the leaks come out, we know the official release will be soon to follow, as the CD will then be out of Axl's hands and into those of the record company.

Edited by Meatheads

Download it if you want but here's what you'll be missing.

Like a kid at Christmas, you won't get the thrill of buying it, getting home as fast as you can so you can unwrap it and look through the entire booklet as you listen to the entire album over and over again in full excitment. I for one, won't download it, not cause I think it shows disrespect, but because I don't want to spoil my fun. I know you can still do that even if you download it, but it's just not the same. but eh, some of you are the same people that read every movie spoiler they can get their hands on before it hits the theater.

On a side note: I couldn't help myself and downloaded the demos originally...but I haven't listened to them since cause I want that experience.

Like a kid at Christmas, you won't get the thrill of buying it, getting home as fast as you can so you can unwrap it and look through the entire booklet as you listen to the entire album over and over again in full excitment. I for one, won't download it, not cause I think it shows disrespect, but because I don't want to spoil my fun. I know you can still do that even if you download it, but it's just not the same. but eh, some of you are the same people that read every movie spoiler they can get their hands on before it hits the theater.

On a side note: I couldn't help myself and downloaded the demos originally...but I haven't listened to them since cause I want that experience.

That's what you are saying at the moment but I dont believe that you will be able to resist when it's really here.

And Im surely buying 1 or 2 copies of the CD and certainly the LP and everything else that gets released but if it were to leak beforehand I know I couldnt resist the temptation.

He's led us on for almost 10 years now about this record (I've been there since 87). I don't need anymore excitement from GNR, I just want to hear the CD, bootleg or original. I've had enough with the tours, the personnel changes, the silence, the management, the drama of everthing GNR since 2001. Either way I'll be very happy to listen to it, and still be extremely relevied when I have the official release in my hands.

If you want the experience, good for you dude. To each his own, I'm cool with that.

You might be right, I might not be able to resist, but I will definately try. I remember back in 91 with UYI. I skipped school to wait in line in the morning...ran to my car to listen to it. Then went to school and listened to it there, and again at home...GREAT DAY.

That's what you are saying at the moment but I dont believe that you will be able to resist when it's really here.

And Im surely buying 1 or 2 copies of the CD and certainly the LP and everything else that gets released but if it were to leak beforehand I know I couldnt resist the temptation.

i agree with axlcorp there, after a wait this long the record deserves a proper 'first play' for me, it'll be hard to resist (and i'll probably download a copy just in case) but i find that the 'xmas experience' leads to a nice memory of "when i first heard xxx record..." while mp3's just give me a cheap feel, it just lacks the exitement.

i agree with axlcorp there, after a wait this long the record deserves a proper 'first play' for me, it'll be hard to resist (and i'll probably download a copy just in case) but i find that the 'xmas experience' leads to a nice memory of "when i first heard xxx record..." while mp3's just give me a cheap feel, it just lacks the exitement.

Right On!

dude...

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=84696&hl=