The band is more Rock-Bluesy now (it's better!)

rockstar81

I miss the 2002 look.Finck was too much of a clown then I'll admit that but besides the make-up and nail paint he was cool.Buckethead was the perfect shock-rocker to replace Slash's image and Axel had a cool new look,leather panths with the baseball shirt and the sunglasses damn he rocked.Maybe this wasn't GNR but it didn't have to be,you can't gather 5 guys and tell them to play exactly like the ex-members did.The band had a new sound,a new image,it was prolly better than now.

I miss the 2002 look.Finck was too much of a clown then I'll admit that but besides the make-up and nail paint he was cool.Buckethead was the perfect shock-rocker to replace Slash's image and Axel had a cool new look,leather panths with the baseball shirt and the sunglasses damn he rocked.Maybe this wasn't GNR but it didn't have to be,you can't gather 5 guys and tell them to play exactly like the ex-members did.The band had a new sound,a new image,it was prolly better than now.

I actuly agree.

T'was a much more different looking band..a NEW gnr! my fave Axl image was the Bball top ,shades and bandana ..

and Buckethead was awsome. no-one else comes close to his image

Yeah and Buckethead was cool...GNR had something to keep you curious...''Who's that freak with that bucket on his head?Man he plays the guitar cool!And he can break dance too!'',I bet Slash couldn't break dance even if he wanted to. :D

ha exactly.

ive always thought that. IMO Bucket was the best GnR guitarist of all time :o hahah

Although BBfoot is awsome and very friendly guy. I met him.

You did!!Well I for one have seen too many faces in the band.I don't care what members the band has as long as it stays still.BF is cool yeah,but he and Axel should really get rid of those damn braids!They remind me of Milli Vanilli for crying out loud :laugh:

LMAO well yeah the braids have always been talked about good or bad.

but, hm y'know i kinda like them! it just shows again. a NEW band a new look.

but they do remind me of some stupid star wars program with an alien with weird hair

:laugh::laugh:

axl sounds better now.

the band sounded better back in 02

agree with the axl statement, but i really think that the band is better too now. They've really come together which in my opinion is half the battle.

so you saw them in 2002 as well?

yea...i saw them twice. in albany and MSG. don't get me wrong, the band was great, i just like the feel a bit more in 2006.