Nirvana: With The Lights Out

*ParadiseCityGirl*

So for Christmas I got that Nirvana box set and I was SO excited and everything...

But all the material is like, crappy recordings and demos and just, shit. I guess i'd like it if I were a really hardcore Nirvana fan, but..yeah.

Then there's the DVD...peice of shit ON TOP of shit.

It's just the starting of Nirvana back in like 1987 sitting around in their parent's house obtrusivley banging on there instruments. And the live concert recordings are really bad quality.

I was hoping there would be all there music videos and some cool interviews and stuff :( .

Does anyone else have this?...mabye it's just me who thinks it was a rip-off? :unsure:

I want to return it but I already (obviously) opened it...it was like 60 bucks though!

...Very dissappointed <_< .

i liked it. tonnes of new songs i've never heard before but i'd be a hardcore fan :(

we would have gotten better if the rest of the band and courtney got along but they're too bitter in their own disputes that forgot about the hungry fans :no:

the DVD did have some shit quality stuff but i enjoyed it. the book that came with it is pretty cool aswell :)

Guest knerken

I was thinking about getting this box, but I am not a fan of shit-crappy recordings either, so I think I'll just go with the "Best of the Box"-album..

Edit: And those damn big boxes don't fit my CD-shelf :P

Edited by knerken

So for Christmas I got that Nirvana box set and I was SO excited and everything...

But all the material is like, crappy recordings and demos and just, shit. I guess i'd like it if I were a really hardcore Nirvana fan, but..yeah.

Then there's the DVD...peice of shit ON TOP of shit.

It's just the starting of Nirvana back in like 1987 sitting around in their parent's house obtrusivley banging on there instruments. And the live concert recordings are really bad quality.

I was hoping there would be all there music videos and some cool interviews and stuff :( .

Does anyone else have this?...mabye it's just me who thinks it was a rip-off? :unsure:

I want to return it but I already (obviously) opened it...it was like 60 bucks though!

...Very dissappointed <_< .

Actually, I think it's a great box set, for hardcore fans, which it was targeted at. If you want the album tracks, just listen to the album.

I bought a bootleg dvd named "Talk to me" yesterday. It contains live video's from 1989 till 1993. The quality isn't that good all the time but it's just great to see how they grow from a minor club band to a major grunge band. "Seasons in the sun" is one of my favourite songs from the dvd.

I was thinking about getting this box, but I am not a fan of shit-crappy recordings either, so I think I'll just go with the "Best of the Box"-album..

Edit: And those damn big boxes don't fit my CD-shelf :P

best of the box set is a rip off! its not the best from the boxset in my opinion

It's been thaty long since I listened to it, but I'll maybe let ye know a few good ones to look out for sometime.

Trying to think............

You'd probably have been better off gettin the best of the boxset disc.

There's a acoustic of Sliver on disc 2 i think it is.

Disc one there's that one about fishin on a Sunday's good. And on half way through disc one that'd be amazin if it was better recorded.....I forget the name.

There she goes or whatever its called's great.

One of my favourite songs is Sappy, but I'm not sure what versions on that boxset, like I said, haven't been near it in months.

But Sappy and Even in His Youth are good tunes now.

EDIT: Where's Ron when ye need him?

EDIT 2: Disc 3, Marigold is great and theres a very rough and early recording off You Know You're Right, it sounds almost ad libbed, VERY good. Bit about "save meeee....dirnt doirnt dirnt" very sad.

Edited by alternative_ulster