Which NIN CD should i get?

Painkiller545

NIN CD  

31 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

With Teeth, definitely - Despite my apathy toward Trent's lyrics on WT, it's really accessible, well-produced, and concise. And it rocks, too.

The Fragile is the kind of thing you want to save for last, since it's easily the most dense and difficult album in the NIN catalogue. I personally feel that it's a mediocre album, as the awesome first disc is weighed down considerably by the terrible 2nd disc.

But you should really start out with the Broken EP first. (The Fragile is what got me into NIN, but Broken is just perfect...almost ^_^ )

broken for sure!

i'd say do broken and then work your way out to downward spiral and pretty hate machine from there. with teeth started to bore me after the first month or so, although i do like it better than the fragile for the most part. i stood in line at midnight to buy the fragile and never could really dig on it, even after a long ass time spent with it.....the songs on it just arent that great to me. the sounds are really cool and there's some great technical studio work, but all of his other records have better tunes to me at least, although there are a few pretty great ones scattered throughout the fragile.

With Teeth out of those two.

...but that's only if you have Pretty Hate Machine or Downward Spiral. Get them first.

Agreed.

Pretty Hate Machine is the best - followed closely by Downward Spiral.

If you're not used to the music and want to be "eased" into NIN, then get "With Teeth" - because it's the most "mainstream" album Trent's ever made. But if you're looking for lots of emotional angst and deep lyrics - then PHM -- If you're looking for raw, layered industrial rock that blows your mind, then Downward Spiral or the Fragile.