Smells Like Teen Spirit

Chris Axl

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He liked them for like.. a month, before they started fighting?

He liked the music, he just didn't like Kurt

And Kurt - despite what he may have said for attention while his band was still rising to fame in '91 while GN'R were more popular (before Nevermind blew them away) - loved GN'R.

Kurt's girlfriend before he struck a label deal said he used to wear AFD t-shirts/ball-caps and she had a photo of them in a mall and he was wearing an AFD ball cap. Kurt was a fan of GN'R as much as Axl was a fan of Nirvana; it's the personalities that conflicted with each other and I believe Kurt said what he said about GN'R because, at the time, they were the biggest rock band in the world and he wanted to stir shit. And I think Axl made it worse by overreacting at the VMAs.

Probably THE song of the 90s, fuckin' awesome.

Great way to put it. :)

This is so wrong, I think 90's I think "I don't want to miss a thing" by aerosmith "Iris" by the goo goo dolls "Gangsta's Paradise" by coolio "wonderwall" by oasis.

This song was significant in the 90's, but not enough to be the song of the 90's... it's impossible to fit 1 song to the 90's too many great hits...

But the song of the 00's is without a doubt "it's my life" by bon jovi.

That's madness, I say.

When Smells Like Teen Spirit came out, pretty much everyone noticed and reacted... bigtime. That song was huge, and that album effectively removed GN'R from their pedestal as a "cool" band for the rest of the decade with the ensuing alternative movement. I think it certainly was the song of the '90s - It was important, relevant, and is usually single-handedly credited with turning the tides of popular music.

As for the song of this decade, I'd peg Green Day's Boulevard of Broken Dreams as "it." Regardless of how one feels about Green Day or the song, it actually has something very relevant to say - a quality that "It's My Life" sorely, sorely lacks.

And Kurt - despite what he may have said for attention while his band was still rising to fame in '91 while GN'R were more popular (before Nevermind blew them away) - loved GN'R.

Kurt's girlfriend before he struck a label deal said he used to wear AFD t-shirts/ball-caps and she had a photo of them in a mall and he was wearing an AFD ball cap. Kurt was a fan of GN'R as much as Axl was a fan of Nirvana; it's the personalities that conflicted with each other and I believe Kurt said what he said about GN'R because, at the time, they were the biggest rock band in the world and he wanted to stir shit. And I think Axl made it worse by overreacting at the VMAs.

What? I've never heard about any of this you are saying. Would you mind posting some proof on this?

Guest Jack_the_ripper

This is so wrong, I think 90's I think "I don't want to miss a thing" by aerosmith "Iris" by the goo goo dolls "Gangsta's Paradise" by coolio "wonderwall" by oasis.

This song was significant in the 90's, but not enough to be the song of the 90's... it's impossible to fit 1 song to the 90's too many great hits...

That's madness, I say.

When Smells Like Teen Spirit came out, pretty much everyone noticed and reacted... bigtime. That song was huge, and that album effectively removed GN'R from their pedestal as a "cool" band for the rest of the decade with the ensuing alternative movement. I think it certainly was the song of the '90s - It was important, relevant, and is usually single-handedly credited with turning the tides of popular music.

As for the song of this decade, I'd peg Green Day's Boulevard of Broken Dreams as "it." Regardless of how one feels about Green Day or the song, it actually has something very relevant to say - a quality that "It's My Life" sorely, sorely lacks.

oh without a doubt "American Idiot" is this decades most defining album.

But back to the 90's, you're crediting Kurt Cobain to the fall of music, way to go.

That's madness, I say.

oh without a doubt "American Idiot" is this decades most defining album.

But back to the 90's, you're crediting Kurt Cobain to the fall of music, way to go.

Nah, the rise of Limp Bizkit and Linkin Park initiated the fall of music - We still had a lot of quality stuff until the very late '90s.

Anyway, like this song too but my favourites are ''Come as you are'' and ''The Man who sold the world'' cover.

come as you are, as you were, as i want you to be

as a friend, as a friend, as an old enemy

just awesome rock3

SLTS is awesome too, definitly one of THE songs of the 90s

btw, i hate the 00s <_<

just crap...

Edited by CRAZY SERB

Congratulations Chris, I see you are starting to have new interests, besides gnr! Good for you! :rofl-lol:

yes, GN'R and "smells like teen spirit" are the only interests in my life.....

aww, u know there a special place in ur heart for me too :rofl-lol: