Chinese Democracy vs U2's new album

Bono

I'm wondering which one we will see first. What do you guys think. U2 is rumored to have a single out in January and a possible album by March. Do you think we'll have anything from Axl and Co. by then. I hope so. Man what a trip it would be if Guns and U2 released albums in the same month or week or even day.

By the way U2's new album is said to be their first "guitar" album. Both Bono and The Edge have said it will be very guitar driving. But who knows.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Bono, I don't care if you are a 'moderator' or whatever you are (I look at it like you are a penis with way too much time on your hands to post 3000 times on a GNR website..)..

anyway, U2 sucks man... seriously... bringing that girlie band into comparison with gunners is embarassing to gunners fans..

U2 is a pop-rock band.

Gunners is a hard rock band

Bon Jovi is a pop-rock band, go make your little comparisons there on the Jovi skid site.

Man - I can't take you.

You are a big man though, I mean, 3000 posts -- you are a moderator? Woooo... Please go easy on me... I mean, by the time I check this thread out again, you will have written about 903 replies, so I am sure one of them will be remotely witty.

Anyway - I wish I was an unemployed, lonely, U2 lover like you.. that way I could battle you all day.. however, with a girlfriend, job, friends, etc.. I will have to settle for you post 900 I post 1.

Please man, also -- that fruity little picture you have too is so bad.. take your girlie band ass out of here.

Hey Bono, I don't care if you are a 'moderator' or whatever you are (I look at it like you are a penis with way too much time on your hands to post 3000 times on a GNR website..)..

anyway, U2 sucks man... seriously... bringing that girlie band into comparison with gunners is embarassing to gunners fans..

U2 is a pop-rock band.

Gunners is a hard rock band

Bon Jovi is a pop-rock band, go make your little comparisons there on the Jovi skid site.

Man - I can't take you.

You are a big man though, I mean, 3000 posts -- you are a moderator? Woooo... Please go easy on  me... I mean, by the time I check this thread out again, you will have written about 903 replies, so I am sure one of them will be remotely witty.

Anyway - I wish I was an unemployed, lonely, U2 lover like you.. that way I could battle you all day.. however, with a girlfriend, job, friends, etc.. I will have to settle for you post 900 I post 1.

Please man, also -- that fruity little picture you have too is so bad.. take your girlie band ass out of here.

Dude, you need to relax.

Bono was just starting a thread to get people debating and keep the forum alive during these dry times. Bono is probably one of the most dedicated Gunners around.

If you don't agree with him, that's fine. But there's no need to make personal attacks. We all try to respect each other's opinions here.

And post count has never been an issue. It makes no difference if someone has 5 posts or 5,000. Everyone's views have the same relevance. So, chill out a bit.

Yeah Mr. Reality, let me bring you back to reality. Shut the fuck up, and answer the question asked, instead of making a personal attack. In my short time here, Bono seems to be a cool person, that obviously likes both GNR & U2. I personally have never cared for U2, and have never ever liked their music, but it's not that they're bad artists, it's because U2 is not my style. So to each his own. But with Bono, there was no reason to drag U2 into a verbal attack on him. He wasn't comparing GNR to U2, he was asking which album will come out first, so chill out.

Anyways, back to the ACTUAL TOPIC, Bono I think U2's album will definitely come out first, and their single also.

Even though it pains me with every ounce of my body to say this, I REALLY hope GNR doesn't release "CD" on the same day as U2's new album, because U2 will crush GNR in sales. I mean, both will do well, but after such a long absence, it would make alot more financial sense for Axl to release "CD" on a 'off day'. A Tuesday, where there is practically no competition. I would love for GNR to come back, and immediately start taking down the 'big ones' after a 11-year absence, but just to be safe, I would release "CD" on a lesser day, so sales don't get hurt. Maybe when the 2nd album of new-GNR comes around, depending on the sales, we'll see then if it's feasible to put it head-to-head with 'big one'.

Bono is the man! I'd say U2 comes first. I know CD will come out eventually but it seems so unreal to me that it would come out. Its like I dont know what I'd think if there was an official press release, single, promo pics and a video. I'd probably faint but thats why its so cool with CD. I hope Spring is the time.

In response to the psycho Bono who sent me about 5 little private messages...

1) There is something called time zones... while you were at home all alone on Friday night at 12:30 or whatever.. it was 9:30 on the West Coast and I was on my way out on the town... Sorry buddy, wasn't sitting home all night on the old GNR websites.

2) You are a sad man. Please stop trying to get me to go to a "Chat Room" to battle it out? Wow buddy, get help.

Anyway, Bono -- your name/picture told me that you were a little fruity -- your behaviour last night tells me you are fuckin weird.

Guess that explains the whole U2 .eh.

Hey Dabucket -- when some dumbass emails you 5 times saying, "What are you doing in on a Friday night like me?" "Come to the chat room and we will settle it there", etc. etc..

I just had to point out that the reason I did not answer him is that I was out.

I am not dumping on the 24/7 internet people.. I am dumping on one nutbag who is a bit of a stalker in my books...

Anyway -- rock on Gunners..

Axl would back me ... to all those opposed -------

(I look at it like you are a penis with way too much time on your hands to post 3000 times on a GNR website..)..

You are a big man though, I mean, 3000 posts -- you are a moderator? Woooo... Please go easy on me... I mean, by the time I check this thread out again, you will have written about 903 replies, so I am sure one of them will be remotely witty.

...Says the "man" who supposedly took all that time to produce gnfr.com :rolleyes:

Hey Dabucket -- when some dumbass emails you 5 times saying, "What are you doing in on a Friday night like me?" "Come to the chat room and we will settle it there", etc. etc..

I just had to point out that the reason I did not answer him is that I was out.

I am not dumping on the 24/7 internet people.. I am dumping on one nutbag who is a bit of a stalker in my books...

Anyway -- rock on Gunners..

Axl would back me ... to all those opposed -------

Look Mr. Reality you are an idiot. I was gonna let it slide and not bring it out in the forum but you are an asshole so.....

PM's I sent to Mr. Reality:

1. asking where that post came from and why he feels he's so cool. Done in a fairly polite way (when considering what I was replying to)I might add.

2. was one saying. "Yeah that's what I thought" when he failed to reply. This one I accidently sent twice as my computer fucked up while sending it.

3. see #2

4. was inviting him to the chatroom like I had done with many members on the forum last night. I invited about 8 people to join the chatroom so it had nothing to do with "battling it out" I had said nothing about "settling it there" What I did say was "Come to the chatroom. I know you want to."

So there is 4 pm's I sent ya. 1 by mistake so in reality it is 3. hardly the thing of a stalker. Hey Pink, This Guy, Twoif, UK Subs, Red, better watch out I'm probably stalking you :rolleyes: You were logged on all night when I sent those Pm's so don't give me or anyone that shit about you being out. All you've done Mr. Reality is prove you are a complete loser by posting your shit here in this thread. By comenting on my post count you have in fact layed an insult on every other member here who has post counts in the thousands. Nice. Good for you buddy.

Edited by Bono

4. was inviting him to the chatroom like I had done with many members on the forum last night. I invited about 8 people to join the chatroom so it had nothing to do with "battling it out" I had said nothing about "settling it there" What I did say was "Come to the chatroom. I know you want to."

So there is 4 pm's I sent ya. 1 by mistake so in reality it is 3. hardly the thing of a stalker. Hey Pink, This Guy, Twoif, UK Subs, Red, better watch out I'm probably stalking you :rolleyes: You were logged on all night when I sent those Pm's so don't give me or anyone that shit about you being out. All you've done Mr. Reality is prove you are a complete loser by posting your shit here in this thread. By comenting on my post count you have in fact layed an insult on every other member here who has post counts in the thousands. Nice. Good for you buddy.

Yeah, Bono you are scaring me. Stop PM'ing me! I'm terrified you're stalking me!

Joking ... :D

Mr. Reality, let me bring you back to reality, shut the fuck up! Bono was just trying to be friendly, and invite you to a chat, just like he did to several of us, that did show up, like me, last night. He was just being friendly, and now you turn it into a 'chatroom showdown' & stalking issue! God! Bono's right, you're a moronic asshole ... :fuckyou:

Look Bono, so you sent me 4, not 5...

Oh yea, you are totally a cool guy. Emailing some stranger 4 times in 24 minutes is pretty cool shit.

So sorry my man... keep me up to date on all the U2 news...

I mean, hell why do I like songs like Rocket Queen and Brownstone when I can hear rockers like the "Sweetest Thing" and "Stuck in the Moment"... I mean, those kick ass... What a band!

Either way, you lick pole...

Look Bono, so you sent me 4, not 5...

Oh yea, you are totally a cool guy. Emailing some stranger 4 times in 24 minutes is pretty cool shit.

So sorry my man... keep me up to date on all the U2 news...

I mean, hell why do I like songs like Rocket Queen and Brownstone when I can hear rockers like the "Sweetest Thing" and "Stuck in the Moment"... I mean, those kick ass... What a band!

Either way, you lick pole...

i sence sarcasm... meh how insightful of me.... :D

w.e, y r u hating on bono.. let the guy like U2, they r a good band