VIDEOGAME Thread...

so I just finished playi... watching MGS4.... how is this a game? it'd be a great film though.

Thank you for reposting what most reveiwers have allready said about the game. And not to any surprise, it was the negative aspect you chose.

But how was the experience? (since I apparently can't ask you about the "game) :P

Guest Jack_the_ripper
so I just finished playi... watching MGS4.... how is this a game? it'd be a great film though.

Thank you for reposting what most reveiwers have allready said about the game. And not to any surprise, it was the negative aspect you chose.

But how was the experience? (since I apparently can't ask you about the "game) :P

It was a very impressive showtime mini-series that made me get up, grab the controller, and make go onto the next episode after the current episode played. I was disappointed there wasn't a "play all" option.

Edited by Jack_the_ripper

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

I just remembered a really funny game I used to play when I was younger. Think it was called Death Rally. I'll try to download it and feel the nostalgia flow. ^_^

I just remembered a really funny game I used to play when I was younger. Think it was called Death Rally. I'll try to download it and feel the nostalgia flow. ^_^

was that the one where you won and got extra bonus when you blew every other up

sweet game

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

sweet game

Yeah. And one of the best players in the game was Duke Nukem! He got a red car. I cant install it on this computer. It says that I need a computer with at least 8 mb memory. :lol: I hope my sister got pretty more then that, so I guess the computer is to good for the game. Or something.

sweet game

Yeah. And one of the best players in the game was Duke Nukem! He got a red car. I cant install it on this computer. It says that I need a computer with at least 8 mb memory. :lol: I hope my sister got pretty more then that, so I guess the computer is to good for the game. Or something.

use a DOS emulator

like Dosbox

I used to play MadTV and Pizza Tycoon with that emulator ,have to remember those old DOS commands :P

It was a very impressive showtime mini-series that made me get up, grab the controller, and make go onto the next episode after the current episode played. I was disappointed there wasn't a "play all" option.

After what I've heard about the other games, that is mostly how those games are, only that MGS4 takes it abit further. I guess I will get to the game when I get some cashflow again. I'm a sucker for a good gamestory, so I belive it will be a good game for me.

But most anticipated game on my front is still God of War 3. That game is gonna be worth the PS3 alone!

After what I've heard about the other games, that is mostly how those games are, only that MGS4 takes it abit further. I guess I will get to the game when I get some cashflow again. I'm a sucker for a good gamestory, so I belive it will be a good game for me.

But most anticipated game on my front is still God of War 3. That game is gonna be worth the PS3 alone!

You're one of my new favorite members! ^_^

I can't wait for God Of War 3. It's going to be fantastic.

Well thank you, but I thought I was always your favorite member :P

But on the topic of god of war 3. that game is probably gonna be a technical masterpiece in areas like graphics and art design. When you look at what the two previus games did on PS2 and Chains of Olympus on PSP, they really pushed the hardware alot more then any other games on those plattforms. The epic scale is going to be fantastic.

When that is said there has been a lot of press about the PS3s GPU isn't as strong as the 360. That is based on the multiplattform titles from EA, take two and ubisoft. But why then is Uncharted one of the best looking games on any plattform, including PC? I belive that if you program for PS3, you will get a better result then making a hybrid that works easier on both platform. But I do belive the critic about PS3 being harder to program for, becouse of it's complex structure and some poor designs in the arkitecture.

I think GOW 3 will outdo Uncharted, and probably look more like the cutscense from the previus games.

Well thank you, but I thought I was always your favorite member :P

But on the topic of god of war 3. that game is probably gonna be a technical masterpiece in areas like graphics and art design. When you look at what the two previus games did on PS2 and Chains of Olympus on PSP, they really pushed the hardware alot more then any other games on those plattforms. The epic scale is going to be fantastic.

When that is said there has been a lot of press about the PS3s GPU isn't as strong as the 360. That is based on the multiplattform titles from EA, take two and ubisoft. But why then is Uncharted one of the best looking games on any plattform, including PC? I belive that if you program for PS3, you will get a better result then making a hybrid that works easier on both platform. But I do belive the critic about PS3 being harder to program for, becouse of it's complex structure and some poor designs in the arkitecture.

I think GOW 3 will outdo Uncharted, and probably look more like the cutscense from the previus games.

Absolutely.

Well, I've always agreed with Bromle about the God Of War series, I love it.

I have yet to ecounter someone who don't like those games. Everyone I met that haven't played it, I suggest those games. And they get back to me a few days later, stoked about what they've just played. I think sony did something right when they went all out on that game. Hopefully we will get some teasers on E3, since it will probably be out next year.

Guest Jack_the_ripper

I have yet to ecounter someone who don't like those games. Everyone I met that haven't played it, I suggest those games. And they get back to me a few days later, stoked about what they've just played. I think sony did something right when they went all out on that game. Hopefully we will get some teasers on E3, since it will probably be out next year.

Well, I mean, if they can still make it just as good on the psp, they definitely know what their doing. I finally picked up drake's fortune, and that honestly really kicks the shit out of MGS4. I'm playing again.

Well, I mean, if they can still make it just as good on the psp, they definitely know what their doing. I finally picked up drake's fortune, and that honestly really kicks the shit out of MGS4. I'm playing again.

noughy dog has always made good games. I was abit sceptic when they announced Uncharted instead of a new Jak game. But that series has mostly ended, but I still want more. But back on Uncharted. First time I played it I got about halfway before I lost intrest, but then me and a friend picked it up again and started to play it some more. And that game was just fantastic. Played it trough two times allready. A real gem in my PS3 collection. It also looks as fantastic as it feels.

The only thing that kept me from playing through Uncharted was the enemy AI. I hated it. It'd be you, and twenty of them. They would all hide and pop a shot off every now and then, and when you hopped out to try and shoot one of them, they'd all jump out and shoot at you! Don't get me wrong though, it looks fantastic, and I'm sure it's a great game, but I just didn't feel like putting up with AI like that at the time.

Yeah, that UFC game looks very good. The graphics look amazing. I won't be buying it because I've never been into fighting, boxing, or wrestling type games (with an exception of Mike Tyson's Punch Out), but I'm sure I'll get to play it because my brothers are into those games.

I don't get the God of War love. I've tried to get into it but it just doesn't click.

On paper it's a really awesome idea, throwing around and kicking the shit out of loads of dudes with big flashy combos... but I find it a bore to play. I thought at first it was just because I was playing it as a pure button masher, so I tried to more complex combos and whatnot, but it still did nothing for me. For some reason the spectacle of it all is totally lost on me. I just don't have any 'Holy shit.' moments from it at all. Maybe it's because I played them both after the likes of Gears and Resi 4... *shrugs*

I don't get the God of War love. I've tried to get into it but it just doesn't click.

On paper it's a really awesome idea, throwing around and kicking the shit out of loads of dudes with big flashy combos... but I find it a bore to play. I thought at first it was just because I was playing it as a pure button masher, so I tried to more complex combos and whatnot, but it still did nothing for me. For some reason the spectacle of it all is totally lost on me. I just don't have any 'Holy shit.' moments from it at all. Maybe it's because I played them both after the likes of Gears and Resi 4... *shrugs*

i found it fun

but ended up detesting the whole press buttons in time combo thing which everygame under the sun is copying now...

i mean how do the developers think that pressing buttons while watching some events onscreen is fun is beyond me...

meh what do i know?