VIDEOGAME Thread...

i'm pissed off, i can't get 2.4 firmware because apparently it has been recalled?

SONY really make it hard for people to like them

Yeah, same thing happend to my brother. He waited one day and now he can't download it. Glad I got it though. ^_^

is it any good? from what i hear it's a poor attempt and most of the features need game devs to implement them?

Well the Trophies and and in game music doesn't work yet, but the in game messaging is pretty nice. :)

The game Dev's need to release patches for their games to enable them to work <_<

Edited by JDRM

Metal Gear Solid 4 is the greatest game i ever played. Played it at my sisters bf's house and boy its AMAZING. All the little details, smoking a cig calms you down but it hurts you and guards smell it. Its SO realistic, im getting a ps3 SOON.

Guest Jack_the_ripper

I've been running homebrew on my wii, so been spending lots of time on the dcemu boards, and it would seem JKKDARK is part of the homebrew scene. Only realized that since they have the same exact avatar on both forums.

Either ways, thanks for the Scummvm emulator ;)

so i bought halo 3 today (pre owned). can anyone tell me why this game gets so much credit? i've played 10 minutes into the first level and it's nothing i haven't played 50 times before. i walk through the jungle in a set pathway and i shoot the bad guys who pop up randomly. is it all like this?

so i bought halo 3 today (pre owned). can anyone tell me why this game gets so much credit? i've played 10 minutes into the first level and it's nothing i haven't played 50 times before. i walk through the jungle in a set pathway and i shoot the bad guys who pop up randomly. is it all like this?

the thing bout the Halo series is that the first one was ground breaking as it was the first really big FPS on the old gen of consoles (Xbox, GC, PS2) and was ground breaking for that generation and likewise with Halo 2's online system which was simply amazing at the time, Halo 3 on the other hand while being a solid game isnt as good as the others, story is a little confusing and single player is short and in my opinion the online whilst being good suffers due to a lack of quality maps, it is the series which deserves credit but not this game in itself...

i enjoyed it but was left disappointed and this is from a 360 fanboy, only an 8/10 at most...

The Halo series as a whole is utterly overrated. Halo 1 was only seen as such an advancement because it was a console FPS. In terms of PC FPS games it's only doing what a million games did before. As for Halo 3, it's easy, short, decent graphics, same old gunning down of aliens. Get Orange Box, all the games in there are much better.

The Halo series as a whole is utterly overrated. Halo 1 was only seen as such an advancement because it was a console FPS. In terms of PC FPS games it's only doing what a million games did before. As for Halo 3, it's easy, short, decent graphics, same old gunning down of aliens. Get Orange Box, all the games in there are much better.

100% agreed.

2 weeks after Halo 3 came out the Orange Box did, went out and picked it up and had so much fun with it.

Halflife 2 is simply stunning and the best FPS ever, Episode 1 was very fun, and Episode 2 was better then 1 as it felt more varied. The fun of having a game and 2 expansions which took up about 3 times as much time as Halo 3 if being a quick run through was great and it was the most fun I had with a FPS since Goldeneye.

Portal was stunning for its concept, humor, narative and originality.

Far superior to Halo 3 and much better value for money, 5 games for the price of Halo 3.

I actually believed Portal was overrated. Perhaps that is just me - but I wanted to see it in a proper game, like in HL2 I guess.

Ep2 is fab, nice cliffhanger.

TF2, meh - bit of a laugh.

I love the Half-Life series.

they kinda hinted that Episode 3 will feature a version of the Portal gun what with the ship moving with the dock and the mentioning of Aperture Sciences

I actually believed Portal was overrated. Perhaps that is just me - but I wanted to see it in a proper game, like in HL2 I guess.

they kinda hinted that Episode 3 will feature a version of the Portal gun what with the ship moving with the dock and the mentioning of Aperture Sciences

I know - I just wanted that now, not in a year or two's time :P

And I guess I'm with everyone hoping that Ep3 isn't the end.

Believe they said Ep 1-3 will finish a story before HL3 which will be awesome!!

Metal Gear Solid 4 is the greatest game i ever played. Played it at my sisters bf's house and boy its AMAZING. All the little details, smoking a cig calms you down but it hurts you and guards smell it. Its SO realistic, im getting a ps3 SOON.

Shut the Hell up.

i was stupid enough to buy the ps3 port of orange box (EA made it, i should have known :P )

it was virtually unplayable, which was such a pity because i know if i got the 360 version i would have loved it. portal was over rated but still fun. as for TF2, well i'm still to find a game of that, EA servers are such a disgrace, i am not exagurating when i say that i've yet to play it, and i bought it last december!

as for Halo3, i'm a bit into it now and it's boring. it just shows that anything microsoft wants hyped will be over hyped. good business sense on their part i must say. its a good game but its not even near a "console seller" type game.

Believe they said Ep 1-3 will finish a story before HL3 which will be awesome!!

Aye, but I wouldn't mind filling in a few more blanks. Although I would love to continue with a child of Gordon and Alyx :D That'd be sooo cool.

Or maybe that's just me.

Guest knerken

The Orange Box did not excite me much. 30 minutes of Portal, and then the fun was gone. If I could afford Xbox Live, I could have played Team Fortress. Looks like a lot of fun! :D But Half-Life disappointed me a lot. Gravity-gun was kinda fun for some hours, but after that it all was lame. I bought this and Mass Effect the same week. I still enjoy ME, and have not touched Orange Box in 5 months or something :P

Shut the Hell up.

you shut the hell up you little bitch ass fuck face. :fuckyou:

How was Alone in the Dark, it got shitty reviews but it looks like a decent game.

Shut the Hell up.

How was Alone in the Dark, it got shitty reviews but it looks like a decent game.

Bad reviews seems to be related to the jacket opening in the game

Eg combining items changing weapons etc

Fire is meant to be the only way to kill enemies

The soundtrack is meant to be awesome and the flame effects.

Shut the Hell up.

:rofl-lol:

http://www.ps3forums.com/showthread.php?t=151162

here's a list of the games on the japanese PSN and it pisses me off. they've got some great classic games on their store, even MGS one! and yet the EU is Sonys most popular region and we get less? and since most of those games have been out for quite some time, i don't think you can blame it on "liscencing"

but then again, this is the company who bring out a poor version of in-game XMB almost 2 years late. i still love Sony, but they just make it hard.

does anyone even care about HOME anymore? to me it seems like a drain of resources