VIDEOGAME Thread...

Just downloaded Undead Nightmare for RDR, its different and fun for sure.

the free roam mode is so fun in RDR, i love getting in a posse with a few of my friends and getting in shootouts with other people. the shit talking in that game can get on another level.

So apparently, a whole ton of people are getting upset because they aren't getting full refunds for trying to return the 3DS they bought because it "gave them headaches/makes them feel ill".

This is why I hate people.

Why the fuck would people expect to get a full refund (or one at all) for something like this because of obvious things that occur while playing? Does Nintendo have a "WARNING: MAY CAUSE NAUSEA OR SICK FEELING WHILE PLAYING" on the box? I would hope/assume so. 3D is already known to cause motion sickness with most people, so if people get a 3DS and don't expect to feel lightheaded or anything at all after playing for a bit, they are extremely stupid.

Goddammit.

Edited by Black Sabbath

So apparently, a whole ton of people are getting upset because they aren't getting full refunds for trying to return the 3DS they bought because it "gave them headaches/makes them feel ill".

Why the fuck would people expect to get a full refund (or one at all) for something like this because of obvious things that occur while playing? Does Nintendo have a "WARNING: MAY CAUSE NAUSEA OR SICK FEELING WHILE PLAYING" on the box? I would hope/assume so. 3D is already known to cause motion sickness with most people, so if people get a 3DS and don't expect to feel lightheaded or anything at all after playing for a bit, they are extremely stupid.

Goddammit.

There have been cases of people buying a 3DS, not eating or drinking, being taken ill and trying to sue Nintendo for it.

There has been alot of scare mongering about the 3DS as well. The Sun (hardly reliable) reported that there have been thousands of returns and refunds when Nintendo themselves claim the number has been exaggerated.

Not only Nintendo has claimed that they're exaggerated, but so have Gamestop, HMV, and numerous other retailers.

Goddammit.

People are fucking stupid. You can turn the 3D effect off entirely on the 3DS. I wouldn't give these idiots a refund if I was a retailer.

Goddammit.

People are fucking stupid. You can turn the 3D effect off entirely on the 3DS. I wouldn't give these idiots a refund if I was a retailer.

If you're going to play on a 3ds with the 3d effects turned off..you've wasted your money.

Goddammit.

If you're going to play on a 3ds with the 3d effects turned off..you've wasted your money.

That's their problem, not the retailer or Nintendo.

Goddammit.

That's their problem, not the retailer or Nintendo.

Not really a waste of money, 3D only adds to the experience, it isn't crucial to enjoying it.

They could always play in 3D until the headache or dizziness starts, then turn off the 3D effect for awhile. I played on one and after about 15 minutes my eyes started to feel kinda weird, so I just turned the 3D effect off for awhile and it was all good. I wouldn't pay $250 for the damn thing though......

On the topic of the 3DS, I don't think you need 3D to really enjoy it. When I have Ocarina of Time, Super Mario 3DS, Paper Mario, Mario Kart, Pokemanz, Mega Man Legends 3, and whatever else I want, the games will surely still be very very enjoyable without the 3D. 3D isn't integral to any of the games out right now, as far as I know.

Anyways, a LOT of rumors of a Wii successor now. Reports seem to say that Nintendo will pre-announce it this month, with a full announcement at E3. E3's twitter linked to GameInformer's article on it with a teaser, and IGN has an article up say they have a source confirming it. It's supposed to play games in 1080p in HD, and be "far more powerful than the Xbox 360 and Playstation 3." It's with a likely late 2012 release.

The only thing I find troubling about this is that Microsoft and Sony probably won't be releasing consoles for another few years still, so when they DO release consoles, it could make this successor outdated like the Wii was. I greatly enjoy my Wii, and I believe it's the games that count, and I think the Wii has tons of great games, but this could put them at a disadvantage with multiplatform releases AGAIN. Oh well, I plan on staying away from Microsoft consoles and buying Sony and Nintendo consoles in the future from now on anyways. With Nintendo first party games, it can't really be a bad console, I suppose.

You might have a Dreamcast situation, a console released ahead of its time when the previous generation was still going strong and as a result it will fail, however the fact this is supposedly a hardcore console intrigues me. One of the main problems I can see for it will be third party titles, why would companies want to make titles for it when they can make titles for the PS3 and 360 for cheaper that will sell more.