VIDEOGAME Thread...

I have a 360 and as much as I love FPS games, could forum members recommend me some Good RPG's? I am not into the whole Kinnect and am getting sick of Halo/CoD. I need a good RPG to fuel my inner gamer.

Mass Effect

Fallout 3

Tales of Vesperia

Dragon Age

and if you're in the mood for a looooooooong game, Lost Odyssey

I have seen Dragon Age and lit looks good. I heard some good stuff on Fallout and Tales of Vesperia and is Lost Odyssey any good?

It's a very... niche game. It plays like old-school JRPGs and reminds me of Final Fantasy. It's a game that some people hate and some love. There's not really a middle ground. It's very story driven and will have a lot of reading. A lot of the reading isn't necessary, really, but it adds so much depth to the game (Things such as "A Thousand Years Of Dreams" which are kind of short stories you'll find throughout the game, are amazing imo). It adds nothing new to the JRPG franchise when it comes to gameplay, but the story is well written, the voice acting is good, and it's long lasting. I've had the game for about 3 years and have yet to finish it. It's 4 discs long to give you a perspective. And I'd say each disc is about 10 hours long. Depends if you collect everything or not.

So is anyone else excited about the PSVita? The more I read about it, the more it sounds amazing.

$250 Price

$30/$40 Game price

Rumored PS2 emulator

GPS to find other Vita users

Cross game chat

Awesome launch line-up

GODDAMN I NEED THIS SHIT

I have a 360 and as much as I love FPS games, could forum members recommend me some Good RPG's? I am not into the whole Kinnect and am getting sick of Halo/CoD. I need a good RPG to fuel my inner gamer.

Pick up Tales Of Vesperia, it's great.

So is anyone else excited about the PSVita? The more I read about it, the more it sounds amazing.

$250 Price

$30/$40 Game price

Rumored PS2 emulator

GPS to find other Vita users

Cross game chat

Awesome launch line-up

GODDAMN I NEED THIS SHIT

I'm excited solely for the BioShock game, whatever it is.

I think it looks great, but I'm still going to be skeptical of software support after the PSP.

Anyways, I need the Playstation 3 and Wii U, and then I plan on getting a 3DS for the inevitable Pokemanz (and other awesome first party Nintendo games), so it'll be years off if I do wanna get one.

I'd be completely fine with an RSE remake. To be honest, I'd say it's my favourite gen. Some of my favourite Pokemon came from that gen. It's not that popular with other people, though.

I like 'em too. Treecko is my fave starter. According to Gamefreak there will be no Pokémon Gray:http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/25353

I just replayed Mario Sunshine. Don't you love games where the final boss is one of the easiest in the game?

Anyways, it made me think of something I want Nintendo to do with the next Super Mario 3D platformer on the Wii U. The "main world" (Delfino Plaza in Sunshine, Peach's castle in 64, the Mario-shaped planet in Galaxy 2) is great in Sunshine. I hope they do one as big and great with so much to do with whatever game they do next. The two in Galaxy don't live up to Delfino Plaza.

And I hope they take Mario out of space. The Galaxy games are great, but I'm hoping for environments more like 64's and Sunshine's environments with the next game. And I also like the number of NPC's (all the Piantas and shell people and stuff) in Sunshine.

Just some thoughts after a recent playthrough. I'm either going to try and beat Bayonetta or Darksiders next or replay Paper Mario and the Thousand Year Door (my favorite game from the last gen of consoles).

Finally got 3 weeks of from work and school. So it felt right to buy; Lego Pirates of the Carabbien, Infamous 2, Duke Nukem Forever, Mass Effect 2, Portal 2 and LA Noir

So far I have played trough Infamous 2 as a good guy, and I'm now trying to play bad guy. Started both Lego and Mass Effect 2, and pleyed trough what I belive is half of Duke.

Started LA in the middle of my exams, so that kinda took a brake. Portal 2 was a brilliant game. But I must admit that sometimes, I get tired of testing :shrugs:

I'm still waiting for a borderlands sequel! I know they have "border worlds" copy written, so we'll see. Gearbox does have 2 games in development.. hopefully one is a sequel!

Didn't get the love for Borderlands at all... most repetitive game i've ever played.

kill monsters > get slightly different gun > kill the exact same monsters again that have levelled up alongside you > rinse and repeat

I'm still waiting for a borderlands sequel! I know they have "border worlds" copy written, so we'll see. Gearbox does have 2 games in development.. hopefully one is a sequel!

Didn't get the love for Borderlands at all... most repetitive game i've ever played.

kill monsters > get slightly different gun > kill the exact same monsters again that have levelled up alongside you > rinse and repeat

It's a grindfest game. I was surprised how muched I liked the game. The quests wasn't to good, but the gameplay was excellent.