Need serious advice about the sydney concert...

Son Of A Gun

Ok so I heard about this band coming to Sydney in June. But um...I'm overly reluctant to go fork out money to see them. I mean...I like Guns N' Roses songs very much...but I don't wanna hear them being played by a bunch of people who didn't even write them. If I wanna go see Gn'R songs played live, I only wanna hear them being played the way they are meant to, by the people that wrote them and layed them down on the albums. I Need some advice from people...if I don't like hearing these guys perform the Gn'R songs because they are not their songs, practically they are completely instrumentally covering them!! And that's a rip off to pay for a show mostly played like that.....am I right to say it's not worth me paying to go see them just to see Axl?

I saw them last summer and really enjoyed it, others are right, it might be your only chance to see Axl on stage.

Axl is the most important person, he makes the songs sound like GNR tunes, whoever is playing the guitar and drums doesnt really matter

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

ahahahahaha

agreed

but i still recomend going man its probobly your last chance to see axl ever man just go

Edited by c2zero

Ok so I heard about this band coming to Sydney in June. But um...I'm overly reluctant to go fork out money to see them. I mean...I like Guns N' Roses songs very much...but I don't wanna hear them being played by a bunch of people who didn't even write them. If I wanna go see Gn'R songs played live, I only wanna hear them being played the way they are meant to, by the people that wrote them and layed them down on the albums. I Need some advice from people...if I don't like hearing these guys perform the Gn'R songs because they are not their songs, practically they are completely instrumentally covering them!! And that's a rip off to pay for a show mostly played like that.....am I right to say it's not worth me paying to go see them just to see Axl?

no man.

with that attitude I suggest you stay home and jerk of to some bootlegs instead

Well said Chris Axl. Son of A Gun....what Axl had no helping in writing those songs?????Where the fuck have you been? Hey lots of us miss the Duff/Slash/Izzy etc but there are many musicians who can play just as well.....no one and no one can sing the Gunners songs better than Axl. Just for the experience of listening to him I would have paid even more then the $170.00 I just forked out.

to answer the question - i would go. a friend of mine had the chance to go to the 93 show at eastern creek and he didnt. hes regretted it ever since. even if its not gnr the way you want, or a lot of fans want, axl will still be there and given that this is most likely the last time they will play australia, i would go. at the very least if you decide not to, try and buy some tour merchandise so you've got something to remember the tour.

as for ticket prices, i personally dont think its worth it for the new gnr but then they are playing small venues and no doubt its costing a bit to bring them out, so the promoter has to make profit on top of that. $170 for pre-sale, $150 regular, bit expensive but other artists have been over $200 for tickets up near the front. i still think gnr will still sell out. im not sure if they will add additional shows. there's definitely room in the tour schedule to book one or two additional shows, but a lot depends how fast the shows sellout.

So what time will gnr go on, around midnight?

I think so

show starts at 8, so I am thinking rose tattoo will come out around 8.30-9.00pm/9.30pm, then sebastian bach will come out like 9.30/10pm-10.30/11pm, then GNR will come out around 12/1am

and the show will finish like 2/3am in the morning.