Need serious advice about the sydney concert...

Son Of A Gun

Ok so I heard about this band coming to Sydney in June. But um...I'm overly reluctant to go fork out money to see them. I mean...I like Guns N' Roses songs very much...but I don't wanna hear them being played by a bunch of people who didn't even write them. If I wanna go see Gn'R songs played live, I only wanna hear them being played the way they are meant to, by the people that wrote them and layed them down on the albums. I Need some advice from people...if I don't like hearing these guys perform the Gn'R songs because they are not their songs, practically they are completely instrumentally covering them!! And that's a rip off to pay for a show mostly played like that.....am I right to say it's not worth me paying to go see them just to see Axl?

Edited by Son Of A Gun

Ok so I heard about this band coming to Sydney in June. But um...I'm overly reluctant to go fork out money to see them. I mean...I like Guns N' Roses songs very much...but I don't wanna hear them being played by a bunch of people who didn't even write them. If I wanna go see Gn'R songs played live, I only wanna hear them being played the way they are meant to, by the people that wrote them and layed them down on the albums. I Need some advice from people...if I don't like hearing these guys perform the Gn'R songs because they are not their songs, practically they are completely instrumentally covering them!! And that's a rip off to pay for a show mostly played like that.....am I right to say it's not worth me paying to go see them just to see Axl?

no man.

with that attitude I suggest you stay home and jerk of to some bootlegs instead

Axl is the most important person, he makes the songs sound like GNR tunes, whoever is playing the guitar and drums doesnt really matter

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

ahahahahaha

Axl is the most important person, he makes the songs sound like GNR tunes, whoever is playing the guitar and drums doesnt really matter

I agree he is the most important person in GNR, I mean could you imagine if Axl left and they got a new singer and called in GNR, that so wouldn't work, but this with Axl as the lead singer does work and the band plays really well.

:lol: you tell funny jokes.

ANYWAY, my best advice is to lock Axl and Slash in a room together until they agree to go onstage so that we can hear the songs the way they should be played.

Short of that, Axl alone is worth it. Just close your eyes and pretend that the rest of them aren't there.

:lol: you tell funny jokes.

ANYWAY, my best advice is to lock Axl and Slash in a room together until they agree to go onstage so that we can hear the songs the way they should be played.

Short of that, Axl alone is worth it. Just close your eyes and pretend that the rest of them aren't there.

I cant belive what im reading :løl:

thats the sadest post ive ever read, I really feel sorry for you

To the original poster, I say go to the concert. You'll get to see Axl and hear most of the old hits. Take a restroom break during the numerous guitar solo's., and be prepared for a long, long night. But you'll regret it if you miss this chance. Have a good time.

I really feel sorry for you

:confused:

I suggest you go outside and get some sun then. I don't need someone who isn't in reality to feel sorry for me.

go outside and get some sun?

Im not the one sitting around waiting for Axl and Slash to get back together :rolleyes:

I'm not either, ya wacko! :lol: Believe me, I actually have something called a LIFE. Guns N' Roses getting back together isn't exactly #1 on my to do list.

well you can a not hear the songs at all or be hear the songs you love and have fun and meet other people who share you favorite band uummmm what shall you do and by the way its a great preformance how often do you get to one of those it is something i will remember forever it was soo much fun

To the original poster, I say go to the concert. You'll get to see Axl and hear most of the old hits. Take a restroom break during the numerous guitar solo's., and be prepared for a long, long night. But you'll regret it if you miss this chance. Have a good time.

absolutely!

dude (original poster)....it's AXL!...one of the greatest front men of all time!

Don't forget...you'll be hearing some of the songs that THIS band has written and put together.

And when the cd drops...you'll be totally kicking your ass for not going.

I understand your dilemma,but man...it's still a kick ass show!

I'm not either, ya wacko! :lol: Believe me, I actually have something called a LIFE. Guns N' Roses getting back together isn't exactly #1 on my to do list.

Out of curiousity, what is #1 on your list?

Raising my daughters. :unsure:

Pssshh, you're not a REAL fan. :rolleyes:

:lol: Although in my defense, my youngest (who is 7) is probably a bigger fan than everyone on this board put together. :xmasssanta:

Sigh, priorities :rolleyes:

(very commendable, I like it :))

Pssshh, you're not a REAL fan. :rolleyes:

:lol: Although in my defense, my youngest (who is 7) is probably a bigger fan than everyone on this board put together. :xmasssanta:

If shes raised with your belifs I higly doubt that :rolleyes:

:xmasssanta: