Bon Jovi vs Van Halen

Bono

Who is better?  

72 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bon Jovi. Livin on a prayer is one of the best songs ever and slippery when wet is one of the biggest ever albums. The only reason why Bon Jovi is associated with pop is because #1 he was adored by the females and #2 their music wasn't aggressive.EVH is probably the reason why VH is considered classic rock.

well van halen has cheesy songs with catchy stuff if u like that just try anything that sammy hagar did , most of it has keyboards and it's pretty cool , lots of cool ballads, and eddie van halen kicks ass at keyboards too van halen is more complete in every aspect

bon jovi is just about jbj ,richie's solos suck ass, the keyboards player is good but their music is way too commercial now, i mean 3 biggest hits/live albums? that sucks

• 10 months later...

Well...I know, old topic but since they are both 2 of my all time fave bands I'll bring it up again.

Eddie Van haen just revolutioned guitar.He's the most impotrtanat man after hedrix in my opinion. On the other hand Van Halen 1 to 1984 are some of the best rock albums ever released.

Still, Bon Jovi got better and better whereas Van Halen got worse and worse. And I guess you know VAN HALEN opened over 60 shows during BJ's 1995 THESE DAYS TOUR.

And the Berlin Hard Rock Cafe show with Bon Jovi, Van Halen and Little Steben Jamming' was probably one of the coolest things I have ever seen and will ever see. I was just about to die...

How is Bon Jovi even being compared to Van Halen? I've heard some of Bon Jovi's stuff and how in the fuck can they sell that many albums?

Also Van Halen the members actually look cool.

Edited by Nax

jump is one of the worse songs ever.

if i had to choose Id choose van halen, but still i dont think either deserves a vote :)

That's pure ignorance. I bet you judge Van Halen by some poppy songs(even if Jump just kicks ass)you see on MTV or hear on radio.

That's just stupid. just buy Van Halen I or 1984, or download them and you'll see how it will change your mind.

Same with Bon Jovi. Buy New Jersey or Keep The Faith or 7800 Degrees Fahrenheit and give them a listen. Then have an opinion!

jump is one of the worse songs ever.

if i had to choose Id choose van halen, but still i dont think either deserves a vote :)

That's pure ignorance. I bet you judge Van Halen by some poppy songs(even if Jump just kicks ass)you see on MTV or hear on radio.

That's just stupid. just buy Van Halen I or 1984, or download them and you'll see how it will change your mind.

Same with Bon Jovi. Buy New Jersey or Keep The Faith or 7800 Degrees Fahrenheit and give them a listen. Then have an opinion!

I dont watch MTV, again why do you think Mtv is some holy grail for music?