Country

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789

I think I've got close to everything from Lucinda, but I would like to doubly recommend Car Wheels On a Gravel Road to anyone who may be reading.

Gram Parsons and the Flying Burrito Brothers are great to listen to. especially if you're a rock fan dabbling in country. also, Willie has a few good albums; "Shotgun Willie", "Phases And Stages", and "Red-Headed Stranger". That Waylon album you got is a good one. there's a new Waylon box set called "Nashville Rebel" that is great. it's 4 cd's and you can find it at some places for less than $30.

you gotta get some Merle Haggard. from about '66 to '73 he put out nothing but good stuff. also, Buck Owens is great and Dwight Yoakam has put out alot of good stuff.

I have looked into Merle Haggard, "Swinging Doors" is a great tune.

I think I'll just get another Waylon album sometime, probably Dreaming My Dreams, and then if the Outlaw thing sticks, it's inevitably Willie next.

I'll be looking out for all kinds of stuff on the cheap though, as usual.

oh yeah, "Swinging Doors" is an awesome tune. if you get another Waylon album, get the double live CD. it's great.

513u6hViDxL._SS500_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Waylon-Live-Jennings/dp/B000095J7S

I've just ordered this along with Dreaming My Dreams.

you're gonna love it.

Gram Parsons and the Flying Burrito Brothers are great to listen to. especially if you're a rock fan dabbling in country. also, Willie has a few good albums; "Shotgun Willie", "Phases And Stages", and "Red-Headed Stranger". That Waylon album you got is a good one. there's a new Waylon box set called "Nashville Rebel" that is great. it's 4 cd's and you can find it at some places for less than $30.

you gotta get some Merle Haggard. from about '66 to '73 he put out nothing but good stuff. also, Buck Owens is great and Dwight Yoakam has put out alot of good stuff.

I have looked into Merle Haggard, "Swinging Doors" is a great tune.

I think I'll just get another Waylon album sometime, probably Dreaming My Dreams, and then if the Outlaw thing sticks, it's inevitably Willie next.

I'll be looking out for all kinds of stuff on the cheap though, as usual.

oh yeah, "Swinging Doors" is an awesome tune. if you get another Waylon album, get the double live CD. it's great.

513u6hViDxL._SS500_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Waylon-Live-Jennings/dp/B000095J7S

I've just ordered this along with Dreaming My Dreams.

you're gonna love it.

Most of all I am amazed by just how much the audience loves him. It's something I haven't heard on any other live recording. The music, of course, is amazing too.

Most of all I am amazed by just how much the audience loves him. It's something I haven't heard on any other live recording. The music, of course, is amazing too.

yep. that was recorded mostly in Dallas in the 70's. my hometown. full of drunk rednecks!!!! :rofl-lol:

yep. that was recorded mostly in Dallas in the 70's. my hometown. full of drunk rednecks!!!! :rofl-lol:

Ain't nothing wrong with that.

I think I'll get around to disc 2 today.