Asking For Advice

Hello, I am looking into purchasing a Marshall MG250DFX Stereo Combo Amp. Here is the link to an online store.

http://www.wwbw.com/Marshall-MG250DFX-Ster...mp-i11125.music

I've used it at a store, but would like to hear other opinions. Perhaps someone has some recordings of themselves playing with it? Anyways, thanks for your help.

-EvilAsh2015

I've played a few of the MG series amps before, and I have to admit that I wasn't too impressed. The clean channel sounded ok, but the overdrive channel didn't do too much for me. It was too ....digital sounding for my tastes.

It's definitely not a bad amp for a starter or for practice, but I would only really use it as a stepping stone until you can save up to buy a better amp.

I've played a few of the MG series amps before, and I have to admit that I wasn't too impressed. The clean channel sounded ok, but the overdrive channel didn't do too much for me. It was too ....digital sounding for my tastes.

It's definitely not a bad amp for a starter or for practice, but I would only really use it as a stepping stone until you can save up to buy a better amp.

If windows made amps...it would be the MG Series amps.

For that price, you can get a decent all-valve amp.

The perfect combo is: Gibson GA15 or GA15RV with Marshall Bluesbreaker pedal. The best you can get for your money. Its a shame the Gibson GA15's are like golddust.

I have a Marshall DSL 401 (all valve) which I got for like £170 way back last year - its alright. Way better than anything in the MG series.

Lots of people complain about the MG Series, but I've got two amps from it (the MG15 for practice, and a MG100HDFX head with a Marshall AVT cabinet) and they both suit my needs fine. Some complain that the amps are cheaply made but I've had the MG15 for about three years now and absolutely nothing is wrong with it, sounds exactly the same as it did when I first got it. Overall, I'd say the MG series is great (especially for the price), but I would suggest testing it out somewhere first before buying it to make sure it really suits what your looking for in an amp.