New Song By Me - Please Listen

Well, if I were trying to be 'noticed,' I wouldn't be a folksinger, now would I? I'd join a shitty punk band, sing about how I don't want to be famous, and promptly become famous.

I'll take what you said as a compliment, then, so thank you :)

being a guitarist my self , recognition is something every musician is dieng to acheieve

even if they deny it , deep down they want it.

have you tried that riff in electric guitar and that harmonica (not sure what that was)

you could make the same sound with string arrangements or keyboards

it would sound good.

p.s if you could hear my little phydelic expermint in ym thread , that would be ausum!

its just something i came up with in 15 mins and decidded il record and see where ill take it from there.infancy stages..

Edited by highway blues

I was just listening with the lyrics in front of me and I have to say those lyrics are amazing, I remember you posted them I didn't really care to read them because I wanted to hear the song with, I did read the first verse back then though and I expected something slower, but that guitar riff in the background kicks ass. I really dig that song altough I would love to hear it slower.

congratulations, this is a great song, you may be proud of it.

and you really can't say that you don't wanna be recognized, of corse you wanna be that, just with your music, not in a punk band.. otherwise you wouldn't be posting the song here would you? everybody, I tell you, everybody wants to get some fame for some time at least, popularity and stuff, every person loves that, it's something you can't deny.

so I'll say it again since I wanna end my post on saying that your song was really great, thanks for writing it, I had good time listening to it

I was just listening with the lyrics in front of me and I have to say those lyrics are amazing, I remember you posted them I didn't really care to read them because I wanted to hear the song with, I did read the first verse back then though and I expected something slower, but that guitar riff in the background kicks ass. I really dig that song altough I would love to hear it slower.

and you really can't say that you don't wanna be recognized, of corse you wanna be that, just with your music, not in a punk band.. otherwise you wouldn't be posting the song here would you? everybody, I tell you, everybody wants to get some fame for some time at least, popularity and stuff, every person loves that, it's something you can't deny.

so I'll say it again since I wanna end my post on saying that your song was really great, thanks for writing it, I had good time listening to it

When he said 'recognized,' the context made it seem like he meant 'famous.' I don't write music and sing my songs to be famous. I sing and write to make my voice heard. I play this genre because I was raised on Pete Seeger and Woody Guthrie, not because I think it will fill my bank account. Do I want people to like my stuff? Yeah. If people don't like it am I going to change so that I get more people to like me? No. I'll just find more people that like folk music and play it for them. It's not that I don't want to be recognized, it's that I don't play the music explicitly for the purpose of getting famous. Recognition of what I do, as in any performance, is clearly not discouraged. It's just not my main motivation.

And thanks everyone for your kind words. I'm glad you dig the tune!

When he said 'recognized,' the context made it seem like he meant 'famous.' I don't write music and sing my songs to be famous. I sing and write to make my voice heard. I play this genre because I was raised on Pete Seeger and Woody Guthrie, not because I think it will fill my bank account. Do I want people to like my stuff? Yeah. If people don't like it am I going to change so that I get more people to like me? No. I'll just find more people that like folk music and play it for them. It's not that I don't want to be recognized, it's that I don't play the music explicitly for the purpose of getting famous. Recognition of what I do, as in any performance, is clearly not discouraged. It's just not my main motivation.

And thanks everyone for your kind words. I'm glad you dig the tune!

yeah that's what I was talking about, you wanna be recognized but by your music like I said, not something other people want you to play, and trust me mate, that is exactly what makes people famous, I think :ph34r:

It's not that bad, but it does get very boring after a while, pretty much no change at all during the entire song, and then the guitar solo is basically the exact same melody as the vocals. Definately needs something to keep the listener intrested.

I'll probably tweak that guitar solo, add something else instead of just the melody line, but as for the rest of the song, I played it at a camp talent show Sunday night, and the reception was tremendous. Though the melody may not change throughout, I think the song seems to work as is on that front. I definitely see what you mean, though.

Thanks everyone for all the encouragement! I'm hoping to have my demo/album done by the end of August, if not sooner.