Current ie. new bands with great bass are?

Mutant Rose

I like the Killer's Bass and it is the best thing about The Red Hot Chili Peppers, though except for a few songs the group as a whole doesn't move me. I have been told Les Claypool of Primus is the best new bass player, maybe I have not listend to the right Primus stuff to agree. So any particular Primus you would suggest if you think he is that good, or tell me specific songs/group that keep you believeing that great bass playing is not going to die in the next 20years.

Guest knerken

Rancid's Matt Freeman got many cool licks. "Maxwell Murder" is maybe his signature song, but he has many other great licks. "...And Out Come The Wolves" is full of awesom bass-playing.

Rancid's Matt Freeman got many cool licks. "Maxwell Murder" is maybe his signature song, but he has many other great licks. "...And Out Come The Wolves" is full of awesom bass-playing.

Damnit. I finally get a thread in which I can mention Rancid without screeching and someone beats me to it!

But yeah, Matt Freeman is an amazing bassplayer. Maxwell Murder as mentions and also axiom and a fair few of the Rancid 2000 album have got killer basslines. I agree though, bass playing is going down the pan at the moment. Hardly any newish bands have basslines of note.

I play bass in my band so I have plans set on restoring the bassist to power :D

The bassline of Radar Love - Golden Earring is one of my favourites, ancient song though.

Damnit. I finally get a thread in which I can mention Rancid without screeching and someone beats me to it!

But yeah, Matt Freeman is an amazing bassplayer. Maxwell Murder as mentions and also axiom and a fair few of the Rancid 2000 album have got killer basslines. I agree though, bass playing is going down the pan at the moment. Hardly any newish bands have basslines of note.

I play bass in my band so I have plans set on restoring the bassist to power :D

The bassline of Radar Love - Golden Earring is one of my favourites, ancient song though.

I love that bassline too :) and I think it is great that you play bass. I think all I will be able to do is be sure and have a base and amp around when the grandkids get older