Chris at the Metallica concert!

Chris Axl

Although there are drummers out there, who pretty much through fact are better than Lars. Please, please expand your musical horizons Chris! ;)

Exactly. Check out Mitch Mitchell, Keith Moon, Ginger Baker, John Bonham, Charlie Watts, Neil Peart, Bill Ward, Jimmy Chamberlin, John Densmore and Mickey Hart, Chris!

*taking notes*

*throwing notes away and puts on 'Battery'*

rock3

Geez, I even asked politely :(

I should have guessed you'd be too ignorant to listen to any of us, because bands your taste in music is far superior. Poison and Skid Row are just awesome.

And I seriously doubt you listen to Led Zeppelin, The Doors, The Who, The Rolling Stones etc. because you'd really know what real music is, and you don't.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have never been a really big fan of Metallica. I thought they had some cool songs.

But when I saw them 2 days ago I got BLOWN away...it was just amazing and perfect.

They played ALL their cool songs, Puppets, Sandman, Nothing Else, Battery, Seek and Destroy, One,....justice, wiplash, fade to black.

after the GN'R shows, this was defiently my fav concert.

James was fantastick... love how he went "ohh-rah!" and then the 40 000 in the audience went "ohh-rah!" it was CRAZY.

fav moment was Master Of Puppets and then Battery, my two fav songs. and One, love all the rockets and the explosion.

Lars Ulrich is by FAR the coolest and best drummer in the world, he hit the drums like no other....

Dident take any pics. Cus I was like 3-4 rows from the stage and it was a fucking jungle, you had to litteraly fight to keep your spot.

so yeah...just had to share this with you all :D I got a totally different view on 'tallica now......going from a "I like them.." to a big fan after one concert is pretty good.

oh and HIM sucked so much.... everyone booed on them.... it was sad really. But Turbonegro rocked!

could you post the setlist?

Although there are drummers out there, who pretty much through fact are better than Lars. Please, please expand your musical horizons Chris! ;)

Exactly. Check out Mitch Mitchell, Keith Moon, Ginger Baker, John Bonham, Charlie Watts, Neil Peart, Bill Ward, Jimmy Chamberlin, John Densmore and Mickey Hart, Chris!

*taking notes*

*throwing notes away and puts on 'Battery'*

rock3

remember how you were calling Mettalica overrated oh like, a couple of days ago then today you change your mind? its a good thing but it should have shown you at least that you shouldnt be so quick to write stuff off all the time because maybe, just maybe, you dont know everything. you want to see a drummer though? for my sake, please, check this out :)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=DUu0B63qnAI (a quick one)

@ lithium: Reason cus I put it that way was cus I really don't care much about drummers.... and those guys certanly didnet make Stones, Zep, and Hendrix Exps popular.... it was Jagger and Richard. Plant and Page. Hendrix. Sure they are great drummers, but all those bands would be where they are today without them.

@ LCD: I don't care what you think...I lissen to Zep and Stones....don't belive me? whatEVER..

@ frankie: yeah cool vid. But I enjoy more watching Ulrich play. try find a performance of Battery, Enter Sandman or maybe Master Of Puppets...its not just about SKILLZ. It's the way that motherfucker hit....it's just incredible to watch. I'm not even a big drummer fan, but Ulrich really is amazing

there.... I feel I have explained myself good now... This is a thread about the fucking kickas time I had :D

so you others can continue with the "good that you had a great time Chris, i'm gonna see them soon to!"

ps. @the one who requested set list: I will post it when I can get it...don't remember it now

@ lithium: Reason cus I put it that way was cus I really don't care much about drummers.... and those guys certanly didnet make Stones, Zep, and Hendrix Exps popular.... it was Jagger and Richard. Plant and Page. Hendrix. Sure they are great drummers, but all those bands would be where they are today without them.

@ LCD: I don't care what you think...I lissen to Zep and Stones....don't belive me? whatEVER..

@ frankie: yeah cool vid. But I enjoy more watching Ulrich play. try find a performance of Battery, Enter Sandman or maybe Master Of Puppets...its not just about SKILLZ. It's the way that motherfucker hit....it's just incredible to watch. I'm not even a big drummer fan, but Ulrich really is amazing

there.... I feel I have explained myself good now... This is a thread about the fucking kickas time I had :D

so you others can continue with the "good that you had a great time Chris, i'm gonna see them soon to!"

ps. @the one who requested set list: I will post it when I can get it...don't remember it now

hit it? jesus lord, look at moonie hit it!! he's battering the motherfuckers!!!

thank Frankie :) I did had a great time! and definatly gonna go see em when they come back and tour with their new album rock3

thats odd, you have like, a required answer for your questions? here, have another :) like you make threads just to have your ego fed? this is half the problem with the my world section, its like, ok here a thread about pink floyd, and the answers are like...uniform. yes i like them, yes i like this album, yeah they rock, no one provides a reason for their opinions, the threads may as well not exist.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=06I4QWDcIVY

Edited by ffrankwhite

Guest knerken

Setlist:

Creeping Death

Fuel

Wherever I May Roam

Disposable Heroes

Welcome Home (Sanitarium)

...And Justice For All

The Memory Remains

No Leaf Clover

Orion

Fade To Black

Master of Puppets

Battery

- - - -

Sad But True

Nothing Else Matters

One

Enter Sandman

- - - -

Whiplash

Seek and Destroy

Only classics, nothing new.

Are you telling me Led Zeppelin would have been where they were if the band didn't have fuckin' John Bonham on drums? The drummer is just as important for nearly every band's sound as a guitarist is.

Edited by Lithium

Are you telling me Led Zeppelin would have been where they were if the band didn't have fuckin' John Bonham on drums? The drummer is just as important for nearly every band's sound as a guitarist is.

Drummers and bassists get so fuckin' ignored by casual fans of music :lol: People just assume they're there to make up numbers! Bullshit - we keep you guys in rhythm motherfuckers! We won't be ignored :lol:

Keith Moon certainly didn't let anyone ignore him :lol:

We need to start a union! Recognize bassists and drummers motherfuckers, we're just as important and talented as singers and guitarists!! We demand as much respect! :fuckyou:

Err.. Rant over. :)

xDSGx

it that axlite attitude translating into the whole world where the only person that matter is the lead singer and everyone else is interchangeable *cough* bullshit!

it that axlite attitude translating into the whole world where the only person that matter is the lead singer and everyone else is interchangeable *cough* bullshit!

I dident say that...

my point is, if Robert Plant and Jimmy Page got another drummer instead of Bonham. They would still be the best known hardrock band ever.

I dident say that...

my point is, if Robert Plant and Jimmy Page got another drummer instead of Bonham. They would still be the best known hardrock band ever.

yeah, thats exactly what i was reacting against, thats complete rubbish. do you have any idea what an integral part of the Zep sound he was? there was a reason why they stopped after his death y'know.

Edited by ffrankwhite

I dident say that...

That's bullshit. And you are completely ignoring that John Paul Jones also was a major part of Zepp's sound.

I cant belive all this spawned from "Lars Urlich is my fav drummer"

and you guys waste so much time on it :lol: give it a rest guys....

You mean Frank Ferrar isn't your favorite drummer ever ?

Or at least until Axl has him replaced ? :lol:

bba

bba

Frank has never been my fav drummer :question:

he is jut oh SO much better than Adler... :rolleyes:

bba

Frank has never been my fav drummer :question:

he is jut oh SO much better than Adler... :rolleyes:

I saw Frank twice last year and I'd describe him as mediocre at best. But he fits in well w/ the rest of them, ya know?

You're not a true gunner fan, Axl just gives you a woody ! (Think about it, Chris)

bba

I went to a metallica gig a week ago, they were really amazing (appearing on the stage with no waiting, like some others do :tongue2: ), the music, the crowd (they were singing all together, sometimes I even couldn't hear to James), it was one of my best concerts.