Any fans of techno and house?

Nefertiti

I like to listen to some remixes, yes some house songs are too boring and long to me but other are really interesting as a combination of sounds and help me to relax in some way...

As to the techno , I was a big fan before 4 years and I still got the thrill...

And I also prefers some remixes than the original version of the song..

So what about you?

yeah, definitely. i love all the long extended house music things, its actually pretty intelligently made music, multi-layered, like most well made repetitive music, can have a really intoxicating quality under the right circumstances. the most important thing in mainstream music in terms of changing the format, alongside hip hop of course. a lot of its roots can be traced back to early post punk/art punk stuff, i totally dig it :)

Edited by ffrankwhite

yeah, definitely. i love all the long extended house music things, its actually pretty intelligently made music, multi-layered, like most well made repetitive music, can have a really intoxicating quality under the right circumstances. the most important thing in mainstream music in terms of changing the format, alongside hip hop of course. a lot of its roots can be traced back to early post punk/art punk stuff, i totally dig it :)

Yeah, exactly, and I also agree that is inteligent music, the way to produce it needs to have a brain... And sometimes is better to listen to some house/electronic/techno track than the mtv hits..

Edited by Nefertiti

Yeah, exactly, and I also agree that is inteligent music, the way to produce it needs to have a brain... And sometimes is better to listen to some house/electronic/techno track than the mtv hits..

I agree with you both, you really can get lost in electronic music. It can create completely different atmospheres to other music.

Edited by ADPT

I like dance music and also psy-trance.

I'm a big "infected mushroom" fan. If you don't know them check them out they are brilliant!

Here's a new song by them

I don't like the video but the song is great! Edited by rQueen

If people wanna listen to techno and dance - no problem here. But when they remix classic songs and make a dance-tune out of it, I feel the urge to kick them in the solar plexus really, really, really hard.

why not? i mean, it doesnt do anything to the originals, they still exist. i think its great, fuck it, experiment with whatever you got, life too short for things to be sacred.

Techno and house? I'm not sure how strict your definition of the latter is, but no, not really. There are a couple of danceable tunes, but for the most part, it's all too redundant. I would say I do quite like electronic music, though, especially of the industrial kind. ^_^

Edited by nameless_girl

Soem remixes are cool, I'm not talking to change the whole idea of the song and make joke of it like making some rock tune in a baby-dancing song.... But I got some remixes of Depeche mode or Madonna which sound even cooler than the original version :rolleyes:

I have a few remixes of Madonna's song Frozen and they really give the songs even a geater influence at me... Although I still like the roginal version, all depends on my mood.

Soem remixes are cool, I'm not talking to change the whole idea of the song and make joke of it like making some rock tune in a baby-dancing song.... But I got some remixes of Depeche mode or Madonna which sound even cooler than the original version :rolleyes:

I have a few remixes of Madonna's song Frozen and they really give the songs even a geater influence at me... Although I still like the roginal version, all depends on my mood.

I have those remixes. :) Four in total.

Edited by ADPT