NIN

Zion

Launch Radio Networks reports: NINE INCH NAILS has announced its first U.S. show in support of the band's latest album, "Year Zero". The group's web site has just added a September 18 show in Honolulu, Hawaii to its summer itinerary, which is filled through August and the first half of September with shows in Europe, the U.K., China, Israel and Southeast Asia. No other North American dates have yet been announced. The band has yet to play a single concert on these shores since "Year Zero" arrived in stores this past April.

Meanwhile, two NINE INCH NAILS dates in Russia will not go forward as planned. The shows, scheduled for Wednesday (August 1) in Moscow and Friday (August 3) in St. Petersburg, were scrapped after the band could not get into the country because its visas were filled out with the wrong dates for the gigs. Make-up dates were not revealed.

"Year Zero" is a concept album set in a totalitarian future America. The CD follows up the band's 2005 effort, "With Teeth".

Blabbermouth Link

I didn't like Year Zero as much as With Teeth.. those are the only two NIN albums I have..

I'll be seeing them at Leeds Festival nonetheless

i sad the same thing, then i listened to Year Zero a few times now i love it

hopefully they come to Ontario

man i cant wait to see them, 30 days to go!!

when they actually tour the larger venues and play a year zero set, the stage design is going to be INCREDIBLE. im excited. the visual aspect to their shows have always been spectacular, the year zero one should be the tits.

has anyone else been checking nin.com regularly? they updated frequently via mobile with pictures. there was one of a stage with dozens of tvs on stage....fucking awesome. im thinking its gonna be some kind of survivalism cctv thing playing behind them.

• 1 month later...

Sept 18 will be the last show played by this touring incarnation of NIN. And it sounds like Trent's going to go more electronic. Sad, although Aaron North needs to go anyways.

"YOU ARE getting the last show of the current incarnation of the band."

Although Reznor's touring band of drummer Josh Freese, guitarist Aaron North, bassist Jeordie White and keyboardist Alessandro Cortini are excellent support players, "at this point, I want to switch things around a bit. Nine Inch Nails as a rock band configuration, we've done it and we've done it again. I see other ways I can present the material in concert, more challenging, something new. I don't want it to go stale."

This group has toured together for two years, he said. "It's a well-rounded concert, a good collection of songs from different records."

If the show approximates the high production values seen on the 2006 tour DVD, "Beside You in Time," it should make for quite a spectacle, blinding strobe lights included.

"The show evolves, like a film," Reznor said. "It has a flow to it. And it'll be not what you saw on the DVD. It'll be cooler than that."

But the time has come to dial back.

"The idea of five guys playing loud music two hours, while it's the culmination of fine tuning over a lot of years, has got to change once finances come into play, especially performing in markets outside of the mainland U.S. I want to whittle things down."

Sept 18 will be the last show played by this touring incarnation of NIN. And it sounds like Trent's going to go more electronic. Sad, although Aaron North needs to go anyways.

:fuckyou:

Anyways..

I'm honestly scared, and excited for what he is planning..

Fuck..

I could kick myself for not seeing them last tour.. wallbash.gif

Anyways..

Fuck..

don't be scared...the YZ stuff is excellent live.

aaron wont be going anyway. a lot of the songs on YZ use guitar or can use them live. NIN have 6 YZ songs they play now in a standard set, and aaron plays on all of them. so the theory that he'll be out is bull shit :rolleyes:

ive seen them 3 times now. the last show i saw in Wolverhampton was without doubt the best show i have ever seen. it was flawless, and breath taking. trent had SO much energy, the band just work so well together, the sound was insanely good. plus the visual aspect to the show really enhances the experience.

i feel like all i do is sing the praises of NIN, but it will never do them justice. they're the best band around, and trent is unique in his talent.

Anyways..

Fuck..

don't be scared...the YZ stuff is excellent live.

aaron wont be going anyway. a lot of the songs on YZ use guitar or can use them live. NIN have 6 YZ songs they play now in a standard set, and aaron plays on all of them. so the theory that he'll be out is bull shit :rolleyes:

ive seen them 3 times now. the last show i saw in Wolverhampton was without doubt the best show i have ever seen. it was flawless, and breath taking. trent had SO much energy, the band just work so well together, the sound was insanely good. plus the visual aspect to the show really enhances the experience.

i feel like all i do is sing the praises of NIN, but it will never do them justice. they're the best band around, and trent is unique in his talent.

You don't necessarily need a guitar player for the tracks, hell you don't even actually need a band.

I saw them 2 times with that lineup, I'm so fucking glad I did, too. B)