Hip-Hop Music

swlabr

Guest Jack_the_ripper
just had to check it out again.. and this looks like the last argument.. we know, there's one needle in every haystack... but it remains the same that the over-whelming majority of the genre isn't positive.. for every one positive "artistic" style in the hip-hop genre, there's 50 thousand negative ignorant songs about the shit that people are complaining about.

the same can be said about rock, how much of it is really positive?

exactly. forget positive for a second and lets just talk about good. OK, take ALL the filmmakers you know, or even all the horror filmmakers you know or all the thriller filmmakers you know. just the ones that you know probably dont even make up 1% of how many that are out there. and all the rock bands you know, same goes and all the fucking mounds of plankton that slip through your fingers or you just see the front cover of in a record or videostore that you dont even give a day in court are still all out there. theres always only a certain number of stand-outs out of the pack.

Yeah, the readers of Mygnrforum.com: please do one thing for yourself, that's have an open mind. Have a mind that's open to everything, get attached to nothing, that way you'll be free to digest the information in the thread. They give you the point of view they're giving to you from their hearts. This is Gary Busey signing off.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just had to check it out again.. and this looks like the last argument.. we know, there's one needle in every haystack... but it remains the same that the over-whelming majority of the genre isn't positive.. for every one positive "artistic" style in the hip-hop genre, there's 50 thousand negative ignorant songs about the shit that people are complaining about.

exactly. forget positive for a second and lets just talk about good. OK, take ALL the filmmakers you know, or even all the horror filmmakers you know or all the thriller filmmakers you know. just the ones that you know probably dont even make up 1% of how many that are out there. and all the rock bands you know, same goes and all the fucking mounds of plankton that slip through your fingers or you just see the front cover of in a record or videostore that you dont even give a day in court are still all out there. theres always only a certain number of stand-outs out of the pack.

agreed, maybe not all of rock is positivce.. but you cant deny that the over-whelming majority of rock, deals with real human things that everyone, black or white, rich or poor can relate to. Who hasnt ever felt like shit and wished they could sink away into nothing? Who hasnt wanted to stand up and say fuck it all? The problem with hip-hop,. the over-whelming majority of it, is the message it sends to young people that it's ok to let go of your moral decincey, and it's ok to steal and cheat and fuck people over. It's ok if you got beef, to shoot somebody... don;t try and work it out.. or just walk away from it.. no, sink to a low thats lower than the bottom, be a coward and deal with it, with the pull of a trigger.. atleast in rock you have the option of using your fist like a man and both being able to get up and walk away...

For me, it's the dergatory terms and blatant sexual theme's in rap, that turns me off. That and the repativness of it.. like the song whipe me down.. you dont have to sya it a few times man.. I'm not retarded.. i know.. whipe me down.. whatever.. but if I could get past that, there's still all the songs thats just about fuckin.. not love or even emotion... lets just fuck cause you're a woman and i'm a man and who cares if we fuck up a bright future.. I don;t care caus eif you get pregnate you're just a slut and i'm still a man, so go deal with the consequnces on your own. Sorry, my mother raised me to respect women, because thats what a man does. He doesnt call them bitches and hoes, atleast a real man doesnt.. because a man is only as big as his heart... if you can't appreciate that, that woman is the little girl of somebody who cares about her, then how can you expect me to believe that you could loe or appreciate any one or anything? I think music is a reflection of the soul, and the people who put the music out, is showing a deeper side of them selve sthan normal people who don't.. and if all you can do is tell me about violence and fuckin, then you're telling me that you're a very shallow and ignorant personw ho doesnt know true meaning of being a man.. and for the women who enjoy those type's of things.. well, then you're just showing me a good reason for selective annhilation... ignorance begot ignorance.. sins of the father and what not.. if you dont know any better then your children wont either... and thats how we've gotten into the sad state of affairs we're in now.

If you cant better yourself and thats the best you got is what's between your legs then please, close them and dont breed... there's a reason all thats that close to the asshole, cause it dont amount to shit... I have a problem with the community as a whole.. and i'll state at this point there is a difference between good positive messages in hip-hop, and somebody like akon or snoop.. who make their money by exploiting the problems in american cities.. no they're not making us, but they're sending out the message to a younger generation that it's ok to behave in this way.. and it's not... not if we're to progress further as a society.. and I don't blame just hip-hop, as in films they send the message to little girls, that unless you have a man, you're not happy.. and vice versa... that life is so much dependant on being with somebody else and that your happiness is dependant on someone else.. and sex is the key.. no movie is without sex anymore... and it's pathetic.. that if someone doesnt like you for you.. then dont give up.. just change to be something you're not and they will... I don't know.. maybe i'm just going on about nothing.. but thats the way I feel.

Rock is not different, but it has another message... not all the songs on teh radio are about sex.. or violence.. there's more rock songs making it on the radio, thats just about dealing with human emotion... about getting past the feelings of worthlessness.. about subsiding the pain and making it past it.. even some that're about finding your own personal strength and saying I don;t care what you think about me.. cause I am who I am, and I don;t have to follow the rest of the herd... where as rap, is about following the herd.. it's about whatever's in style.. and nothing is more evidant of this, than football season.. whatever black player is getting the most attention, thats the jersey the rapper's wear.. whatever's in style.. the day bling is outta style, they'll take off the ignorant jewlery, stupid fake teeth and diamond earrings (which by the way are a GIRLS bestfriend for a reason). It's a whole genre of follower's.. no one is leading the way, just the music producer's.. and asfar as posting lyrics, here's some positive lyrics from my favorite genre..

Do I deserve these beatings? Hating me, well then cut. Cut the noose and let me fall away.

I'm growing weak and tired of you, and your little shoving games,

Fucking pushing me.

You pulled the trigger, trapped in the wake of your...

DREAM! You're all killers! Always fucking pushing me, insulting me, I'm overcome

I have found the strength of gods in me. Crushing, all unwilling, this is so unstoppable.

Hard as nails, hook that holds, reach down and find the strength of many in you.

My sanctuary calling my name, so I run through to the light, weeping through a cloud.

Darkened by a tainted dream of me, being pummeled by the tide crushing, killing me.

But I can't wake up, trapped in the wake of a...

DREAM! You're all killers! Always fucking pushing me, insulting me, I'm overcome

I have found the strength of gods in me. Crushing, all unwilling, this is so unstoppable.

Hard as nails, hook that holds, reach down and find the strength of many in you.

Call it, call it a truce, I'm believing in it more and more.

Comfort, purge the truth, I'll believe it, I'm so weak and sore.

Shadowed, hide and seek, but you never looked, I wait behind the door.

Call out, bite the hand that is feeding, COMPASSION NO MORE!

I HOPE I NEVER WAKE UP!

Dream sewing, filters distort reality of what is mine.

Through light this mind awakens, I draw the line from then and now.

Awake and dreaming, forgotten past... future becomes MINE!

Throw the chains all away, take control of your life.

Powers known, this is my...

Powers known, THIS IS MY...

Guest Jack_the_ripper

I won't read your post after reading the first sentence, your blatant ignorance of what hip hop is as an art made me stop reading.

agreed, maybe not all of rock is positivce.. but you cant deny that the over-whelming majority of rock, deals with real human things that everyone, black or white, rich or poor can relate to. Who hasnt ever felt like shit and wished they could sink away into nothing? Who hasnt wanted to stand up and say fuck it all? The problem with hip-hop,. the over-whelming majority of it, is the message it sends to young people that it's ok to let go of your moral decincey, and it's ok to steal and cheat and fuck people over. It's ok if you got beef, to shoot somebody... don;t try and work it out.. or just walk away from it.. no, sink to a low thats lower than the bottom, be a coward and deal with it, with the pull of a trigger.. atleast in rock you have the option of using your fist like a man and both being able to get up and walk away...

For me, it's the dergatory terms and blatant sexual theme's in rap, that turns me off. That and the repativness of it.. like the song whipe me down.. you dont have to sya it a few times man.. I'm not retarded.. i know.. whipe me down.. whatever.. but if I could get past that, there's still all the songs thats just about fuckin.. not love or even emotion... lets just fuck cause you're a woman and i'm a man and who cares if we fuck up a bright future.. I don;t care caus eif you get pregnate you're just a slut and i'm still a man, so go deal with the consequnces on your own. Sorry, my mother raised me to respect women, because thats what a man does. He doesnt call them bitches and hoes, atleast a real man doesnt.. because a man is only as big as his heart... if you can't appreciate that, that woman is the little girl of somebody who cares about her, then how can you expect me to believe that you could loe or appreciate any one or anything? I think music is a reflection of the soul, and the people who put the music out, is showing a deeper side of them selve sthan normal people who don't.. and if all you can do is tell me about violence and fuckin, then you're telling me that you're a very shallow and ignorant personw ho doesnt know true meaning of being a man.. and for the women who enjoy those type's of things.. well, then you're just showing me a good reason for selective annhilation... ignorance begot ignorance.. sins of the father and what not.. if you dont know any better then your children wont either... and thats how we've gotten into the sad state of affairs we're in now.

If you cant better yourself and thats the best you got is what's between your legs then please, close them and dont breed... there's a reason all thats that close to the asshole, cause it dont amount to shit... I have a problem with the community as a whole.. and i'll state at this point there is a difference between good positive messages in hip-hop, and somebody like akon or snoop.. who make their money by exploiting the problems in american cities.. no they're not making us, but they're sending out the message to a younger generation that it's ok to behave in this way.. and it's not... not if we're to progress further as a society.. and I don't blame just hip-hop, as in films they send the message to little girls, that unless you have a man, you're not happy.. and vice versa... that life is so much dependant on being with somebody else and that your happiness is dependant on someone else.. and sex is the key.. no movie is without sex anymore... and it's pathetic.. that if someone doesnt like you for you.. then dont give up.. just change to be something you're not and they will... I don't know.. maybe i'm just going on about nothing.. but thats the way I feel.

Rock is not different, but it has another message... not all the songs on teh radio are about sex.. or violence.. there's more rock songs making it on the radio, thats just about dealing with human emotion... about getting past the feelings of worthlessness.. about subsiding the pain and making it past it.. even some that're about finding your own personal strength and saying I don;t care what you think about me.. cause I am who I am, and I don;t have to follow the rest of the herd... where as rap, is about following the herd.. it's about whatever's in style.. and nothing is more evidant of this, than football season.. whatever black player is getting the most attention, thats the jersey the rapper's wear.. whatever's in style.. the day bling is outta style, they'll take off the ignorant jewlery, stupid fake teeth and diamond earrings (which by the way are a GIRLS bestfriend for a reason). It's a whole genre of follower's.. no one is leading the way, just the music producer's.. and asfar as posting lyrics, here's some positive lyrics from my favorite genre..

Do I deserve these beatings? Hating me, well then cut. Cut the noose and let me fall away.

Fucking pushing me.

My sanctuary calling my name, so I run through to the light, weeping through a cloud.

Darkened by a tainted dream of me, being pummeled by the tide crushing, killing me.

I HOPE I NEVER WAKE UP!

Those lyrics are positive? Ok...

Fucking pushing me.

I HOPE I NEVER WAKE UP!

your problem is that you give rock n roll a helluva lot more slack than hip hop and thats just a fact. you suffer from a white version of what a lot of black people do (this is all presumption here so forgive me). you agree with and justify and stand for rock n roll because you believe that there is more in it for you to identify with as a white person than there is to stand with a crowd of black folks and stand out a little and risk an offhand comment, much the same way a lot of black people dont, or condition themselves to not dig rock n roll because they think its some long haired whiteboy thing and that kind of thing is the problem with fans of music and inextricably (because 90% of the time popular music responds to what the fans want, whether they know it or not) music today. someone say a prayer for the wiggers and uncle toms, i think they've got the point.

and for anyone thinking im embroidering a lot here, this is based on numerous discussions with Oogie and believe it or not i got a lot of respect for him i think he's a stand up motherfucker.

Edited by ffrankwhite

Fucking pushing me.

I HOPE I NEVER WAKE UP!

The lyrics are more positive than calling someone a bitch or a ho, or a ni gg a... if you'll read the lyrics more carefully, you'll realise that the song is about feeling beat down, and shut down.. and finding inner strength in yourself to over ome the name caller's, the doubters and hater's.. it's not about shooting somebody up or even beating the shit outta somebody.. it's about relying on yourself, and not someone else, to get thru the difficulties of life.. hence the underlined and bolden parts that say "reach down and find the strength of many in you" and even the one word "overcome".. because thats what you have to do.. overcome... and no, frank.. again you miss the point that rap, hip-hop, whatever u wanna call it.. is dergatory towards women... promotes ignorant violence.. and yes, metal does to, but on another level.. i've been shot and i've been beat up, and i'll tell you from my experiance.. i'd rather be beat up than shot.. know what I mean? The music it'self promotes the lifestyle of the thug/gangsta, glofies immature behavior in both men and women and has made famous a word used to describe trash... ya know, the word that stands for lazy ness and unclean people...

I'll ask you this, if you had a daughter, would you want her to be called a bitch or a hoe, just because she's a female? Or would you prefer her to be treated like a human being? It's that simple... If you had a son, would you want him running the streets, robbin people, shootin people or gettin shot at? Sure, it's just music to you.. but to some people it's more... but thats a concept none of you grasp..

Jack.. I wouldnt read a post that made me wrong either I was you.. the problem that you suffer is, what I call "I cant be wrong".. if you only read the first line, why bother to respond? What makes you think that you're so important that your opinion has to be heard? Are you really that shallow and full of yourself? The siple fact that you call rap, an art, shows how ignorant you are.. there's no music, and anybody with an extended vocabulary can do it.. if not, there wouldnt be fifty million rapper's.. hell every neighborhood has atleast 5 rapper's and freestyle "artists".. when's the last time you heard anything different and innovative in rap? The only thing left to do is put in real instruments and make real music.. but then you'd have to restructure the whole genre. Hell jack, one rapper cant even make an album without bringin 50 other motherfucker's into it.. I cant remember the last time I heard one rapper that didnt bring in another famous rapper.. I mean fuck, gimme a break.. Hell Jay-z could bring in anybody, no matter how different the "style" (if there's such a thing in rap) and make a song.. not because they're good.. but because thats how simple it is.. but good charlotte cant bring in slipknot and do a song.. not without restructuring there whole sound... thats where the difference lies.. thats where the real art in music lies.. in your sound... thats what sepreates one band, from another band.. because anybody can play sweet child.. but only slash can play it like slash.. anybody can sound like Axl or Corey or Chester.. but only those people can do their songs, the way they did 'em... because they're REAL musicians.. REAL artists.. not some fuckin dumbass with abeat machine and a dictonary and a head full of metaphore's.. Do you understand? If not i'll break it down one more time.. Van ghoh's paintings can be recreated by anybody who can paint.. but only he can add his emotion and madness to it.. because it's his.. because he, is a real artists.. not a rapper...

Guest Jack_the_ripper

wait wait wait... did you say Good Charlotte is better then Rap... :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol:

btw, I'd like to see you try and pull off rapping like twista, you can't that simple. It's an art, and your being an under appreciative little prick. tell you what, go listen to your fluffy distorted guitar bullshit, and I will listen to what I consider as being art.

Edited by Jack_the_ripper

wait wait wait... did you say Good Charlotte is better then Rap... :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol:

btw, I'd like to see you try and pull off rapping like twista, you can't that simple. It's an art, and your being an under appreciative little prick. tell you what, go listen to your fluffy distorted guitar bullshit, and I will listen to what I consider as being art.

aawww.. did you get upset by the truth??? Well the fact is that yes, good charlotte, as bad as they suck.. is better than rap.. hell Clint Black's better than rap.. atleast those two groups of people can play their own instruments. and talking fast, doesnt make you special, or artistic.. it just makes you hard to understand.. so i'll listen to my distorted guitar and art, while you listen to ignorant repetitive bullshit... which doesnt make sence because you could buy any rap album and it's gonna sound just like the last one.. artificial beats and alot of talkin and story telling.. have fun...

oh, and you can diss on my music all you want, but the fact remains that you and everyone else here listen's, and appreciate's it.. so whatever dude.. you may not listen to all the shit I do.. but you listen to some and you greately appreciate all of it.. while me, and alot of other people cant wait for rap to die out with the rest of the fad's it's created..

Edited by oogieboogieman420

You made me chuckle at the pun. Enough to view the thread and say: yes, they do - but there are morons who follow that sort of thing.

and you dont think rock fans are morons?!

i love hip hop. good hip hop. idiots nowdays think that hip hop means 50 cent and all that shit.

grandmaster flash baby.

Fucking pushing me.

I HOPE I NEVER WAKE UP!

The lyrics are more positive than calling someone a bitch or a ho, or a ni gg a... if you'll read the lyrics more carefully, you'll realise that the song is about feeling beat down, and shut down.. and finding inner strength in yourself to over ome the name caller's, the doubters and hater's.. it's not about shooting somebody up or even beating the shit outta somebody.. it's about relying on yourself, and not someone else, to get thru the difficulties of life.. hence the underlined and bolden parts that say "reach down and find the strength of many in you" and even the one word "overcome".. because thats what you have to do.. overcome... and no, frank.. again you miss the point that rap, hip-hop, whatever u wanna call it.. is dergatory towards women... promotes ignorant violence.. and yes, metal does to, but on another level.. i've been shot and i've been beat up, and i'll tell you from my experiance.. i'd rather be beat up than shot.. know what I mean? The music it'self promotes the lifestyle of the thug/gangsta, glofies immature behavior in both men and women and has made famous a word used to describe trash... ya know, the word that stands for lazy ness and unclean people...

I'll ask you this, if you had a daughter, would you want her to be called a bitch or a hoe, just because she's a female? Or would you prefer her to be treated like a human being? It's that simple... If you had a son, would you want him running the streets, robbin people, shootin people or gettin shot at? Sure, it's just music to you.. but to some people it's more... but thats a concept none of you grasp..

Jack.. I wouldnt read a post that made me wrong either I was you.. the problem that you suffer is, what I call "I cant be wrong".. if you only read the first line, why bother to respond? What makes you think that you're so important that your opinion has to be heard? Are you really that shallow and full of yourself? The siple fact that you call rap, an art, shows how ignorant you are.. there's no music, and anybody with an extended vocabulary can do it.. if not, there wouldnt be fifty million rapper's.. hell every neighborhood has atleast 5 rapper's and freestyle "artists".. when's the last time you heard anything different and innovative in rap? The only thing left to do is put in real instruments and make real music.. but then you'd have to restructure the whole genre. Hell jack, one rapper cant even make an album without bringin 50 other motherfucker's into it.. I cant remember the last time I heard one rapper that didnt bring in another famous rapper.. I mean fuck, gimme a break.. Hell Jay-z could bring in anybody, no matter how different the "style" (if there's such a thing in rap) and make a song.. not because they're good.. but because thats how simple it is.. but good charlotte cant bring in slipknot and do a song.. not without restructuring there whole sound... thats where the difference lies.. thats where the real art in music lies.. in your sound... thats what sepreates one band, from another band.. because anybody can play sweet child.. but only slash can play it like slash.. anybody can sound like Axl or Corey or Chester.. but only those people can do their songs, the way they did 'em... because they're REAL musicians.. REAL artists.. not some fuckin dumbass with abeat machine and a dictonary and a head full of metaphore's.. Do you understand? If not i'll break it down one more time.. Van ghoh's paintings can be recreated by anybody who can paint.. but only he can add his emotion and madness to it.. because it's his.. because he, is a real artists.. not a rapper...

Compassion no more. That's uplifting.

Oh, and rap lyrics are degrading to women? Have you listened to 'It's So Easy' recently?

Edited by ADPT

Fucking pushing me.

I HOPE I NEVER WAKE UP!

Oh, and rap lyrics are degrading to women? Have you listened to 'It's So Easy' recently?

again, if you'll pay attention to the song and lyrics.. the compassion no more part, is towards the beating hating me part.. ya know.. as in if you're gonna make me feel beat down and hated, I have no compassion for you.. do I really have to break this down line by line, word by word and point out the obvious? And yes, i've listened to it's so easy.. but thats Axl and guns.. that was back in what, 87? this is what, 07? I'll say again that yes, some of the music in rock and lyrics aren't the best towards women.. but the one's that are and are out-right about it.. are few and far between.. where as in rap, they're a dime a dozen... and back to the mudvaynbe lyrics.. try reading and understanding the whole song, not just seeing he words and trying to nit pick at it.. understand what the song is trying to say to you (I know thats pretty hard to do as you're a rap fan and are used to having things made simple for you, but give it a shot.. show 'em you didnt go to english class for nothing).. understand that the whole song ties together.. one line on the bottom is connected to a line at the top, and in the middle and everywhere between there.. see what i'm syaing?

Fucking pushing me.

is refrering to a feeling or a person.. someone or something has him feeling as if he has been beaten and is worthless, he is hated by all..

Hard as nails, hook that holds, reach down and find the strength of many in you

ok, you see the line, fucking, pushing me, insulting me...

still.. describing the abuse put forth by somoene or something...

now you have the line, I'm overcome.. menaing he has overcome the abuse.. the words and the beatings are nothing.. he's no longer scared, no longer feeling beat down.. saying you will not make me feel this way, In have overcome your abuse...

then there's the line... I have found the strength of god's in me... menaing I havent gotten a group of twelve to fight one motherfucker.. I have reached down within myself, and found the strength of a god to take on your abuse and you.. and crushing all unwilling.. meaning deafeted the abuser, the feelings of worthlessness...

Then the line... this is so unstoppable, hard as nails, hook that hold's, reach down and find the strength of many in you...

menaing that now that I have found this inner strength, it's unstoppable and hard as nails... it's sunk into me like a hook that holds... and again... all you ahve to do is look within yourself to find strength in number's...

I know finding strength within yourself may be an alien concept to you, but it's within you... if you need me to continue explaining the positive message in this very complicated song then please, let me know and i'll continue to do so for you

Guest Jack_the_ripper

aawww.. did you get upset by the truth??? Well the fact is that yes, good charlotte, as bad as they suck.. is better than rap.. hell Clint Black's better than rap.. atleast those two groups of people can play their own instruments. and talking fast, doesnt make you special, or artistic.. it just makes you hard to understand.. so i'll listen to my distorted guitar and art, while you listen to ignorant repetitive bullshit... which doesnt make sence because you could buy any rap album and it's gonna sound just like the last one.. artificial beats and alot of talkin and story telling.. have fun...

oh, and you can diss on my music all you want, but the fact remains that you and everyone else here listen's, and appreciate's it.. so whatever dude.. you may not listen to all the shit I do.. but you listen to some and you greately appreciate all of it.. while me, and alot of other people cant wait for rap to die out with the rest of the fad's it's created..

First of all, you didn't upset me, you words would need to have some sort of relevance to me, who are you again?

I don't listen to distorted bullshit, that simple, I'll listen to clean guitar, but never anything like heavy distortion of modern day music. I like to hear notes, more then just bashing of instruments. I too can take a guitar, and just bash it against my desk, and make it sound like slipknot.

I'm challenging you right here, right now to produce a rap song, and create proper raps for it. If it's so easy to do, lets see you put your money where your mouth is, and man up.

i think theres just a difference in view here. Oog's has a strange very puritanical view point (not a diss) where everything we do should come under the workings of some craft that should set an example for the world and the future generations and send out a good message. his point of view is very consistent insofar in terms of its morality but it fails to recognise is that morality is a vagueness that lacks the stamina for us to make it on its back. besides which, the meaning of a free country is the freedom to express something the guy next to you dont like or might be afraid of. and that works both ways. theres no point arguing with Oog's, i've been there.

Fucking pushing me.

I HOPE I NEVER WAKE UP!

again, if you'll pay attention to the song and lyrics.. the compassion no more part, is towards the beating hating me part.. ya know.. as in if you're gonna make me feel beat down and hated, I have no compassion for you.. do I really have to break this down line by line, word by word and point out the obvious? And yes, i've listened to it's so easy.. but thats Axl and guns.. that was back in what, 87? this is what, 07? I'll say again that yes, some of the music in rock and lyrics aren't the best towards women.. but the one's that are and are out-right about it.. are few and far between.. where as in rap, they're a dime a dozen... and back to the mudvaynbe lyrics.. try reading and understanding the whole song, not just seeing he words and trying to nit pick at it.. understand what the song is trying to say to you (I know thats pretty hard to do as you're a rap fan and are used to having things made simple for you, but give it a shot.. show 'em you didnt go to english class for nothing).. understand that the whole song ties together.. one line on the bottom is connected to a line at the top, and in the middle and everywhere between there.. see what i'm syaing?

Fucking pushing me.

is refrering to a feeling or a person.. someone or something has him feeling as if he has been beaten and is worthless, he is hated by all..

Hard as nails, hook that holds, reach down and find the strength of many in you

ok, you see the line, fucking, pushing me, insulting me...

still.. describing the abuse put forth by somoene or something...

now you have the line, I'm overcome.. menaing he has overcome the abuse.. the words and the beatings are nothing.. he's no longer scared, no longer feeling beat down.. saying you will not make me feel this way, In have overcome your abuse...

then there's the line... I have found the strength of god's in me... menaing I havent gotten a group of twelve to fight one motherfucker.. I have reached down within myself, and found the strength of a god to take on your abuse and you.. and crushing all unwilling.. meaning deafeted the abuser, the feelings of worthlessness...

Then the line... this is so unstoppable, hard as nails, hook that hold's, reach down and find the strength of many in you...

menaing that now that I have found this inner strength, it's unstoppable and hard as nails... it's sunk into me like a hook that holds... and again... all you ahve to do is look within yourself to find strength in number's...

I know finding strength within yourself may be an alien concept to you, but it's within you... if you need me to continue explaining the positive message in this very complicated song then please, let me know and i'll continue to do so for you

:rofl-lol: Spare me, lyrics like those are a dime a dozen. They're not complicated.

Also, you mentioned Good Charlotte earlier. Strange, 'Girls and Boys' is also pretty misogynistic.

Guest Jack_the_ripper

I know that frank, I was there 2.

1 last thing, he keeps saying how hip hop songs is repetitive, as far as I know, all music is repetitive. in the way meaning you play like the same chord progressions over and over type thing.

1 last thing, he keeps saying how hip hop songs is repetitive, as far as I know, all music is repetitive. in the way meaning you play like the same chord progressions over and over type thing.

exactly! repetition is actually the nature of rhythm.

so I guess that everybody in music says the same line over and over and over.. like the wipe me down song and other's like it? Why would I waist my time writting a peice of garbage? I mean really? If i'm going to put forth effort on something, i'd like for it to mean something... and there's a difference between saying the same word or line over and over and over, and then there's a chorus... thats fine.. repeat a paragraph or something... but syaing wipe me down, or smack that ass every other word.. thats being a bit too repetative such as

Hey!

Mr. wipe down ya heard me Foxx-a-million

This one be the reeemix!

Badass, Savage life, Foxx-a-million

Man you already know what it is ya heard me

We still on, we still ridin on chrome, we still pullin up

Verse 1 (Foxx)

I pull up at the club VIP gas tank on E but all drinks on me (wipe me down)

Fresh kicks fresh white tall tee fresh NFL hat fresh bauds wit the crease (wipe me down)

pussy hooray for tolerance!s wanna hit me wit they heat, real recognize real real hooray for tolerance!z gon speak (wipe me down)

Jiggalatin I been rollin bout a week you can tell i got cake by the diamonds in my teeth (wipe me down)

and thats just one verse... so... you tell me..

and just lookin at that, would you please tell me whats so difficult and artistic about that? I mean really.. it's just story telling and butchering of the english language.. oooh... thats so hard... my mind has been blown... i mean, that just looks hard.. to tell a story.. I don;t thin anybody who didnt graduate from harvard could do that.. oh geez.. what tha fuck ever... you say a real rap with real ryhme's.. dude, what fuckin ryhems about that? vip gas tank on E? real real hooray for tolerance!z? What tha fuck? Does that even make sence? Thats like syaing we're not goin out out.. but we're goin out.. ok.. they're not real hooray for tolerance!z.. but real real hooray for tolerance!z..??? So because you got cake, you got diamonds?? okay... if you mean money, why cant you just say money? Well that wuld be alittle too difficult.. god forbid you put some real work on it, instead of just churnin out some bullshit..

Not only that, but this is just one of many other's that dont make sence.. but yeah.. thats art.. okay.. nothing real to it.. just tellin a story.. why dont you write a book?? Oh well, I forgot, you might have to use real words.. and god forbid you do that.. it'd be some work... you may actually have to learn something... and well, we know how that goes ove rin that communitty..

The whole point of the argument was the morality in rap.. and while it may not carry us far, it'll get us through.. if it wasnt for people who werent raised any better.. but I guess without shit you wouldnt appreciate the good things in life would ya?

something some of you seem to have forgotten.. the real great writter's in history, the real artists in the world of litirature, made their living writting with real words, and not buthering the language and basic prncipale's of writting.. ya know, instead of just forcing a word in that doesnt ryhme, they made it work using their knowledge of the spoken word.. not butchering the word and spelling it how they want, or even making up a word that doesnt exsist just because you're not versed enough to use the words we have that do make sence... but whatever.. you're the bright one's..

and jack.. the fact that you claim just bashing a distorted guitar against a wall is "slipknot", shows just how ignorant you are.. it may sound, like just noise.. but those note's Mick play's, are some fo teh most complicated riff's ever.. and if you'll listen to pulse of the maggots and welcome, you'll hear what a real muscian can do when he devotes his time and energy into learning something, and perfecting his craft... but then again, you prolly wouldnt like it, cause then you'd have to admit that you're wrong and god forbid that.. the thing is, is that i've heard all the rap.. from tubesock to B.I.G, P. Diddy and snoop dog.. but it's all the same.. like I said, any two dumbass rapper's can get together, no matter what the sound is, and make an album.. but you can't do that in real music... and asfar as the good charllote goes, you can all stop harping on it, because I was just using them as an example, that you cant two ends of the spectrum, and put them together, such as slipknot or therion, and put them with a band like good charlotte.. but i'll give them props before I will any rapper, for the simple fact that, they know how to play instruments.. they know how to make real music.. using their talents as muscians, to come togther and create something.. not pay some computer nerd some money and he'll make a beat to go along with the rythme of your speech.. but whatever dude.. you keep buying into it and being ignorant if you want.. thats fine with me.. i'll be listening to the real muscians..

Ooogie Booty or whatever, if you wanna listen to a HIP-HOP GROUP that PLAYS their OWN INSTRUMENTS, listen to The Roots. Not only is it conscious rap (not like fitty, and stuff you hear on radio) but they have a great drummer ?uestlove, dunno where the question goes and awesome bass licks and whatever. but since you've "heard all the rap," i wouldn't be surprised if you say they suck too.

..and about rappers butchering the English language, you probably wouldn't know how to use spell check if it hit you in the face.. twice.

Ooogie Booty or whatever, if you wanna listen to a HIP-HOP GROUP that PLAYS their OWN INSTRUMENTS, listen to The Roots. Not only is it conscious rap (not like fitty, and stuff you hear on radio) but they have a great drummer ?uestlove, dunno where the question goes and awesome bass licks and whatever. but since you've "heard all the rap," i wouldn't be surprised if you say they suck too.

..and about rappers butchering the English language, you probably wouldn't know how to use spell check if it hit you in the face.. twice.

No, I know how to use spell check, I just dont feel the need to impress you or anybody else here on the board.. I know my spelling comes off fucked up, but it's because when I type my finger's get ahead of my eye's and I miss letter's and put some in the wrong place... asfar as the roots go, i've heard them many time's, and find the quiet enjoyable.. but I don;t consider it rap or hip-hop, as there is actual instrument's.. if anything it's funk or just another form of rock.. just as "rapcore" metal is more metal, than rap.. it's an extintion of metal... the vocal's are just mixed with rap style lyrics.. but it's an actual music form as they play musical instruments that someone has devoted years and years and years learning and if they're honest, are still learning.. where as in rap once you've learned to create a beat and ryhme, whats left to learn? Now if you wanna continue to look like a dumbass, thats fine.. but if you had any inkling of common sence and intellegence, you would know that this is an argument that no one will win. I'm not going to go into why, but you'll never win... i'll never win... because you're not going to listen to rationalreasoning or logic, and i'm not going to ever give a fuck about rap.. that simple.. and same goes for the other's arguing the point in teh world. In order for you to see whats wrong with rap and hip-hop, you'd have to admit that your ideal's are wrong and that trash has no place on teh radio.. and for me or other's to be proven wrong you'll have to clean up rap, and as Madison has said before, thats not going to happen because then the sale's will drop and nobody will give a shit.. so whatever, have fun arguing this shit..

Edited by oogieboogieman420

No, I know how to use spell check, I just dont feel the need to impress you or anybody else here on the board.. I know my spelling comes off fucked up, but it's because when I type my finger's get ahead of my eye's and I miss letter's and put some in the wrong place... asfar as the roots go, i've heard them many time's, and find the quiet enjoyable.. but I don;t consider it rap or hip-hop, as there is actual instrument's.. if anything it's funk or just another form of rock.. just as "rapcore" metal is more metal, than rap.. it's an extintion of metal... the vocal's are just mixed with rap style lyrics.. but it's an actual music form as they play musical instruments that someone has devoted years and years and years learning and if they're honest, are still learning.. where as in rap once you've learned to create a beat and ryhme, whats left to learn? Now if you wanna continue to look like a dumbass, thats fine.. but if you had any inkling of common sence and intellegence, you would know that this is an argument that no one will win. I'm not going to go into why, but you'll never win... i'll never win... because you're not going to listen to rationalreasoning or logic, and i'm not going to ever give a fuck about rap.. that simple.. and same goes for the other's arguing the point in teh world. In order for you to see whats wrong with rap and hip-hop, you'd have to admit that your ideal's are wrong and that trash has no place on teh radio.. and for me or other's to be proven wrong you'll have to clean up rap, and as Madison has said before, thats not going to happen because then the sale's will drop and nobody will give a shit.. so whatever, have fun arguing this shit..

fact: your definition of what is or is not music is not the be all and end all

fact: your definition of what is a musical instrument is not the be all and end all

fact: your interpretation of acceptable morality is not the be all and end all

that sort of ends it. you choose the exclusive, the against argument to your point is being inclusive. therein lies the difference.

Edited by ffrankwhite

Pardon the pun :P

After reading the 'Mob Boss' thread, I have come to realize that Hip-Hop tends to get a bad rap. For example, why can hip hop be blamed for killing and thing of the sort. Some people tend to overlook that anything can cause a person to commit any action, regardless if it involves any violence. Why is it that hip-hop is blamed for peoples poor choices? Why does hip-hop get the finger pointed at them more than anything else?

Alls i know is that over here the roughest places to go out, ie the places were most of the stabbings take place, are clubs where they play hip hop. Im not sayin that all kids who listen to hip hop stab each other or anythin. But like when ur out, especially when i was younger, and u see a group of 'homys' lol, u always think oh fuck here comes trouble, but at the same time you cant help but laugh your ass off when theyre acting like gangsters when they grew up in fukin ocean reef or somehwere. You do get rough dero types, who are just as bad, dont get me wrong, but i think the deros are percieved as, 'true blue aussies' and the homy kids arent. I think hip hop definately can have a negative influence, but it cant be solely blamed for violence in society. The dickheads who stab people would still probably be stabbing people if hip hop wasnt around.

Pardon the pun :P

After reading the 'Mob Boss' thread, I have come to realize that Hip-Hop tends to get a bad rap. For example, why can hip hop be blamed for killing and thing of the sort. Some people tend to overlook that anything can cause a person to commit any action, regardless if it involves any violence. Why is it that hip-hop is blamed for peoples poor choices? Why does hip-hop get the finger pointed at them more than anything else?

Alls i know is that over here the roughest places to go out, ie the places were most of the stabbings take place, are clubs where they play hip hop. Im not sayin that all kids who listen to hip hop stab each other or anythin. But like when ur out, especially when i was younger, and u see a group of 'homys' lol, u always think oh fuck here comes trouble, but at the same time you cant help but laugh your ass off when theyre acting like gangsters when they grew up in fukin ocean reef or somehwere. You do get rough dero types, who are just as bad, dont get me wrong, but i think the deros are percieved as, 'true blue aussies' and the homy kids arent. I think hip hop definately can have a negative influence, but it cant be solely blamed for violence in society. The dickheads who stab people would still probably be stabbing people if hip hop wasnt around.

last line pretty much sums it up :)