Hip-Hop Music

swlabr

Guest Jack_the_ripper
Ooogie Booty or whatever, if you wanna listen to a HIP-HOP GROUP that PLAYS their OWN INSTRUMENTS, listen to The Roots. Not only is it conscious rap (not like fitty, and stuff you hear on radio) but they have a great drummer ?uestlove, dunno where the question goes and awesome bass licks and whatever. but since you've "heard all the rap," i wouldn't be surprised if you say they suck too.

..and about rappers butchering the English language, you probably wouldn't know how to use spell check if it hit you in the face.. twice.

No, I know how to use spell check, I just dont feel the need to impress you or anybody else here on the board.. I know my spelling comes off fucked up, but it's because when I type my finger's get ahead of my eye's and I miss letter's and put some in the wrong place... asfar as the roots go, i've heard them many time's, and find the quiet enjoyable.. but I don;t consider it rap or hip-hop, as there is actual instrument's.. if anything it's funk or just another form of rock.. just as "rapcore" metal is more metal, than rap.. it's an extintion of metal... the vocal's are just mixed with rap style lyrics.. but it's an actual music form as they play musical instruments that someone has devoted years and years and years learning and if they're honest, are still learning.. where as in rap once you've learned to create a beat and ryhme, whats left to learn? Now if you wanna continue to look like a dumbass, thats fine.. but if you had any inkling of common sence and intellegence, you would know that this is an argument that no one will win. I'm not going to go into why, but you'll never win... i'll never win... because you're not going to listen to rationalreasoning or logic, and i'm not going to ever give a fuck about rap.. that simple.. and same goes for the other's arguing the point in teh world. In order for you to see whats wrong with rap and hip-hop, you'd have to admit that your ideal's are wrong and that trash has no place on teh radio.. and for me or other's to be proven wrong you'll have to clean up rap, and as Madison has said before, thats not going to happen because then the sale's will drop and nobody will give a shit.. so whatever, have fun arguing this shit..

fact: your definition of what is or is not music is not the be all and end all

fact: your definition of what is a musical instrument is not the be all and end all

fact: your interpretation of acceptable morality is not the be all and end all

that sort of ends it. you choose the exclusive, the against argument to your point is being inclusive. therein lies the difference.

amen to that.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ooogie Booty or whatever, if you wanna listen to a HIP-HOP GROUP that PLAYS their OWN INSTRUMENTS, listen to The Roots. Not only is it conscious rap (not like fitty, and stuff you hear on radio) but they have a great drummer ?uestlove, dunno where the question goes and awesome bass licks and whatever. but since you've "heard all the rap," i wouldn't be surprised if you say they suck too.

..and about rappers butchering the English language, you probably wouldn't know how to use spell check if it hit you in the face.. twice.

No, I know how to use spell check, I just dont feel the need to impress you or anybody else here on the board.. I know my spelling comes off fucked up, but it's because when I type my finger's get ahead of my eye's and I miss letter's and put some in the wrong place... asfar as the roots go, i've heard them many time's, and find the quiet enjoyable.. but I don;t consider it rap or hip-hop, as there is actual instrument's.. if anything it's funk or just another form of rock.. just as "rapcore" metal is more metal, than rap.. it's an extintion of metal... the vocal's are just mixed with rap style lyrics.. but it's an actual music form as they play musical instruments that someone has devoted years and years and years learning and if they're honest, are still learning.. where as in rap once you've learned to create a beat and ryhme, whats left to learn? Now if you wanna continue to look like a dumbass, thats fine.. but if you had any inkling of common sence and intellegence, you would know that this is an argument that no one will win. I'm not going to go into why, but you'll never win... i'll never win... because you're not going to listen to rationalreasoning or logic, and i'm not going to ever give a fuck about rap.. that simple.. and same goes for the other's arguing the point in teh world. In order for you to see whats wrong with rap and hip-hop, you'd have to admit that your ideal's are wrong and that trash has no place on teh radio.. and for me or other's to be proven wrong you'll have to clean up rap, and as Madison has said before, thats not going to happen because then the sale's will drop and nobody will give a shit.. so whatever, have fun arguing this shit..

fact: your definition of what is a musical instrument is not the be all and end all

that sort of ends it. you choose the exclusive, the against argument to your point is being inclusive. therein lies the difference.

Fact: Your definition of what is or is not music come sonly from your love of simplistic bullshit

Fact: Your definition of what is or is not a musical instrument come sonly from your love of simplistic idea's

Fact: My idea of what is and is not morality is also defined by the rest of the moral world

That sort of continue's the argument dumbass.. geez frank, and to think I gave you more credit than that.. are u really thats imple aswell.. i guess so..

The fact remains that with a manuel and a few hours alone any special ed graduate can make a hip-hop beat, and anybody with teh ability to write a story and butcher the english language can write a rap song... and that, too is fact.. so amen to that

Pardon the pun :P

After reading the 'Mob Boss' thread, I have come to realize that Hip-Hop tends to get a bad rap. For example, why can hip hop be blamed for killing and thing of the sort. Some people tend to overlook that anything can cause a person to commit any action, regardless if it involves any violence. Why is it that hip-hop is blamed for peoples poor choices? Why does hip-hop get the finger pointed at them more than anything else?

Alls i know is that over here the roughest places to go out, ie the places were most of the stabbings take place, are clubs where they play hip hop. Im not sayin that all kids who listen to hip hop stab each other or anythin. But like when ur out, especially when i was younger, and u see a group of 'homys' lol, u always think oh fuck here comes trouble, but at the same time you cant help but laugh your ass off when theyre acting like gangsters when they grew up in fukin ocean reef or somehwere. You do get rough dero types, who are just as bad, dont get me wrong, but i think the deros are percieved as, 'true blue aussies' and the homy kids arent. I think hip hop definately can have a negative influence, but it cant be solely blamed for violence in society. The dickheads who stab people would still probably be stabbing people if hip hop wasnt around.

Nobody ever said hip-hop was the reasoning for whats going on.. just merely stating a fact that the influence of rap makes the peopel who behave in this manner, socially acceptable.. that it's ok to pull a gun and shoot somebody.. it's ok to stab somebody.. it's ok to fuck and forget no matter the consequences.. it's ok to call a woman a bitch or a ho, just because she's a woman, or you got mad at her... but you have people like frank and jack here who get all defensive and take it personel when you point these things out and they get their pantie sin a wad and their feelings hurt just because you stated a fact.. well, get your big girl panties on and get tha fuck over it.. the shit is a negative infulence on society and it's not art and it's not real music.. you show me one person playing a real musical instrument, weithe rit be a set of percsussion drums, a fuckin bongo.. or hell, i'll even give you a tabvle and a wooden spoon as a muscical instrument.. but a computer is not a muscical instrument, and you might aswell get tha fuck over it..

You know, they said the exact same thing about Rock N' Roll (not being "real" music) and look at it now. Back in the 50's, Rock N' Roll music was the cause for teen angst and riots at concerts (Bill Haley and His Comets comes to mind) Music, like all art, is a way for a person to express his or her feeling through a not-so-customary manner. Your definition of what music is is flawed. Hip-Hop music is considered an art form regardless of its influence on society because just like Rock N' Roll, it is here to stay, cuh.

Fact: Your definition of what is or is not music come sonly from your love of simplistic bullshit

Fact: Your definition of what is or is not a musical instrument come sonly from your love of simplistic idea's

Fact: My idea of what is and is not morality is also defined by the rest of the moral world

That sort of continue's the argument dumbass.. geez frank, and to think I gave you more credit than that.. are u really thats imple aswell.. i guess so..

The fact remains that with a manuel and a few hours alone any special ed graduate can make a hip-hop beat, and anybody with teh ability to write a story and butcher the english language can write a rap song... and that, too is fact.. so amen to that

OK, basically dude what i was saying, what IS or isnt music isnt down to me, its not down to you, it just isnt. im sorry, but thats a fact and in the real world, thats how shit is and no amount of waxing lyrical musing pondering or re-defining is gonna change that. you do not define what is music anymore than i do, its just ordered noise, sequential noise and you can bang your head against this brick wall if you like buddy but its going nowhere. and your whole thing on songwriting is just plain ridiculous, the thing about which one is harder or takes more talent. example, John Lennon could sit down in 30 minutes and write a song with just a guitar that is angelically melodic and a perfectly crafted concise and direct song chockful of soul and he wasnt even that good a guitar player. buckethead is the 8th fastest shredder in the world and technically, in terms of guitar playing skill would piss all over lennon but he simply CANNOT write a song like Lennon, he just can't. does that make one more or less talented than the other or ones craft more or less difficult??? fuck no.

ok, an instrument, what is an instrument, "the means whereby an act is accomplished" or "a tool that requires skill to use" right ok now thats the english language OK, so that much is indisputable. co-join that with the word musical, what do you got? basically anything that you can make sound from. before now in rock n roll cardboard boxes anvils fire extinguishers glasses rocks have been used to make music. now, they are not expressly musical instruments but when used to create music, in that instance, it is what they become. now this is just plain and simple logic and fact. decks require skill to use, just like a guitar, its something you learn. now i dont wanna know how you personally feel about which ones requires MORE skill, y'know, fuck the degrees here, the fact is it requires skill. OK, these things are pre-defined, you can have an opinion about it til the chickens come home but the fact is what it is. you talk about simple, jesus christ, since when was rock n roll complicated? and the fact is, anyone with a basic ability to rhyme words a knowledge of three chords that i could teach you in an afternoon can make a rock n roll song, its not difficult either.

and im sorry but the same way you dont like a lot of lyrics that i probably like i think the examples you gave of good lyricism is just self concious self indulgent childish little me me me, my pain, oooh look im deep and angry and hurt and this is my outlet to show you im not the total dick i act like in person attention seeking boring trite unimaginative repetitive dim and transparent. but again, thats just an opinion, not a fact thing like prior in this most where i was explaining for you the pre-ordained stone cold facts of what music just is and you can all the grass blue and sky green if you want to dude, its your life. alls im saying is let go, really dude :lol:

and upon morality, life, the world, times and the past have shown us that conventional morality and the outrages it incurs is probably about 90% of whats wrong with the world. it aint totally redundant but people taking them for infallible like you seem to do is what fucks up the playing field.

All musical instruments are simple and operate on simple principles. The drums are about as simple as they get. It's what you do with them that counts.

Pardon the pun :P

After reading the 'Mob Boss' thread, I have come to realize that Hip-Hop tends to get a bad rap. For example, why can hip hop be blamed for killing and thing of the sort. Some people tend to overlook that anything can cause a person to commit any action, regardless if it involves any violence. Why is it that hip-hop is blamed for peoples poor choices? Why does hip-hop get the finger pointed at them more than anything else?

Alls i know is that over here the roughest places to go out, ie the places were most of the stabbings take place, are clubs where they play hip hop. Im not sayin that all kids who listen to hip hop stab each other or anythin. But like when ur out, especially when i was younger, and u see a group of 'homys' lol, u always think oh fuck here comes trouble, but at the same time you cant help but laugh your ass off when theyre acting like gangsters when they grew up in fukin ocean reef or somehwere. You do get rough dero types, who are just as bad, dont get me wrong, but i think the deros are percieved as, 'true blue aussies' and the homy kids arent. I think hip hop definately can have a negative influence, but it cant be solely blamed for violence in society. The dickheads who stab people would still probably be stabbing people if hip hop wasnt around.

Nobody ever said hip-hop was the reasoning for whats going on.. just merely stating a fact that the influence of rap makes the peopel who behave in this manner, socially acceptable.. that it's ok to pull a gun and shoot somebody.. it's ok to stab somebody.. it's ok to fuck and forget no matter the consequences.. it's ok to call a woman a bitch or a ho, just because she's a woman, or you got mad at her... but you have people like frank and jack here who get all defensive and take it personel when you point these things out and they get their pantie sin a wad and their feelings hurt just because you stated a fact.. well, get your big girl panties on and get tha fuck over it.. the shit is a negative infulence on society and it's not art and it's not real music.. you show me one person playing a real musical instrument, weithe rit be a set of percsussion drums, a fuckin bongo.. or hell, i'll even give you a tabvle and a wooden spoon as a muscical instrument.. but a computer is not a muscical instrument, and you might aswell get tha fuck over it..

I've yet to see anyone calmly accept stabbings or shootings in nightclubs.

Edited by ADPT

Guest Jack_the_ripper

alot more people would say that hip hop is real music, don't know where your getting your claims from. All rhythym is music.

alot more people would say that hip hop is real music, don't know where your getting your claims from. All rhythym is music.
no, because there's all different kind's of rythem.. there's dancing in rythem, that's not music.. and then speaking in rythem.. that's not music.. just because it has rythem, doesnt mean it's music.. and frank, I never knew you liked cock..
Ooogie Booty or whatever, if you wanna listen to a HIP-HOP GROUP that PLAYS their OWN INSTRUMENTS, listen to The Roots. Not only is it conscious rap (not like fitty, and stuff you hear on radio) but they have a great drummer ?uestlove, dunno where the question goes and awesome bass licks and whatever. but since you've "heard all the rap," i wouldn't be surprised if you say they suck too...and about rappers butchering the English language, you probably wouldn't know how to use spell check if it hit you in the face.. twice.
fact: your definition of what is or is not music is not the be all and end allfact: your definition of what is a musical instrument is not the be all and end allfact: your interpretation of acceptable morality is not the be all and end allthat sort of ends it. you choose the exclusive, the against argument to your point is being inclusive. therein lies the difference.
Fact: Your definition of what is or is not music come sonly from your love of simplistic bullshitFact: Your definition of what is or is not a musical instrument come sonly from your love of simplistic idea'sFact: My idea of what is and is not morality is also defined by the rest of the moral worldThat sort of continue's the argument dumbass.. geez frank, and to think I gave you more credit than that.. are u really thats imple aswell.. i guess so..The fact remains that with a manuel and a few hours alone any special ed graduate can make a hip-hop beat, and anybody with teh ability to write a story and butcher the english language can write a rap song... and that, too is fact.. so amen to that
All musical instruments are simple and operate on simple principles. The drums are about as simple as they get. It's what you do with them that counts.
Pardon the pun :PAfter reading the 'Mob Boss' thread, I have come to realize that Hip-Hop tends to get a bad rap. For example, why can hip hop be blamed for killing and thing of the sort. Some people tend to overlook that anything can cause a person to commit any action, regardless if it involves any violence. Why is it that hip-hop is blamed for peoples poor choices? Why does hip-hop get the finger pointed at them more than anything else?
While the idea of drums are simple, and guitar is simple.. actually PLAYING it, is another story.. but then again you'd know that if you listened to real music from time to time Edited by oogieboogieman420

no, because there's all different kind's of rythem.. there's dancing in rythem, that's not music.. and then speaking in rythem.. that's not music.. just because it has rythem, doesnt mean it's music.. and frank, I never knew you liked cock..
Ooogie Booty or whatever, if you wanna listen to a HIP-HOP GROUP that PLAYS their OWN INSTRUMENTS, listen to The Roots. Not only is it conscious rap (not like fitty, and stuff you hear on radio) but they have a great drummer ?uestlove, dunno where the question goes and awesome bass licks and whatever. but since you've "heard all the rap," i wouldn't be surprised if you say they suck too...and about rappers butchering the English language, you probably wouldn't know how to use spell check if it hit you in the face.. twice.
fact: your definition of what is or is not music is not the be all and end allfact: your definition of what is a musical instrument is not the be all and end allfact: your interpretation of acceptable morality is not the be all and end allthat sort of ends it. you choose the exclusive, the against argument to your point is being inclusive. therein lies the difference.
Fact: Your definition of what is or is not music come sonly from your love of simplistic bullshitFact: Your definition of what is or is not a musical instrument come sonly from your love of simplistic idea'sFact: My idea of what is and is not morality is also defined by the rest of the moral worldThat sort of continue's the argument dumbass.. geez frank, and to think I gave you more credit than that.. are u really thats imple aswell.. i guess so..The fact remains that with a manuel and a few hours alone any special ed graduate can make a hip-hop beat, and anybody with teh ability to write a story and butcher the english language can write a rap song... and that, too is fact.. so amen to that
Pardon the pun :PAfter reading the 'Mob Boss' thread, I have come to realize that Hip-Hop tends to get a bad rap. For example, why can hip hop be blamed for killing and thing of the sort. Some people tend to overlook that anything can cause a person to commit any action, regardless if it involves any violence. Why is it that hip-hop is blamed for peoples poor choices? Why does hip-hop get the finger pointed at them more than anything else?
While the idea of drums are simple, and guitar is simple.. actually PLAYING it, is another story.. but then again you'd know that if you listened to real music from time to time

Hip-Hop DJ's use these things called 'decks' live. They're not easy to manipulate either.

I listen to a wide range of music, thank you, most of it being based upon the playing of guitars and drums. I just appreciate all types of music. I don't have a superiority complex like some.

Edited by ADPT

:rofl-lol:

It seems mods have found you a place on this board, you all hipoppers....but what you don't seem to have found is general acceptation though! :drevil:

good luck to you all.... :heart:

Note: don't ask me to fuck off this thread, I'll do that alone, don't worry

general acceptance of hip hop is actually international now. widespread, in fact is postively saturated the mainstream, just people like Oog's are having trouble with it.

@ Oogs, your whole thing about actually PLAYING drums and a guitar being difficult, no its not, it just takes practise. no more and no less than a DJ flipping discs. to play your basically rock n roll is actually probably easier than your basic hip hop mix.

It seems mods have found you a place on this board, you all hipoppers....but what you don't seem to have found is general acceptation though! :drevil:

general acceptance of hip hop is actually international now. widespread, in fact is postively saturated the mainstream, just people like Oog's are having trouble with it.

The day you'll try not to have the last word, I'll think you're sick :heart: . Now I do leave. :lol:

@ Oogs, your whole thing about actually PLAYING drums and a guitar being difficult, no its not, it just takes practise. no more and no less than a DJ flipping discs. to play your basically rock n roll is actually probably easier than your basic hip hop mix.

it may take practiose but it's an art that's never perfected, unlike DJing and rapping, as I said once you figure out the basic's, thats all there is.. where as in playing the drums and guitar, no matter how good you are, there's always room for improvement.. that would be the difference between being a DJ and using a computer, and being a real muscian and playing a real instrument... and while society and the mainstream may accept hip-hop and the rest of the bullshit that comes along with it, that doesnt mean it's worth a fuck or even teh right thing.. society has accepted teenager's having sex at a younger and younger age, that doesnt make it right or even ok... so if you've got anything else to say that makes you look even more fuckin retarded, please, dont hesitate, you havent yet.

Edited by oogieboogieman420

it may take practiose but it's an art that's never perfected, unlike DJing and rapping, as I said once you figure out the basic's, thats all there is.. where as in playing the drums and guitar, no matter how good you are, there's always room for improvement.. that would be the difference between being a DJ and using a computer, and being a real muscian and playing a real instrument...

you can always be faster, better, improve timing, innovate in ways of splicing and interchanging.