Love You Live

Yamisonic

Some of those tracks were recorded at at a small sweaty club in Toronto called the El Macambo...right when Keith got busted for heroin by the RCMP.

Canada's Prime Minister's wife (Margaret Trudeau) was hanging out with the band at the show ....and after.(and I think she even followed them to New York City after...it was quite the scandal).

The gig at the El Mocambo was actually booked by a band called April Wine,it was supposed to be their night...but they ended up being the opening band for the Stones.April Wine also relased a live album from that gig (it's quite good).

It was a complete surprise gig by the Stones...they were billed as the Cockroaches.

I remember listening to the Toronto radio station while the gig's were going on,everyone was blown away...they really made a big deal about it...it was fun to listen to.

Love You Live is an excellent album,one my fav live Stones albums.

Some of those tracks were recorded at at a small sweaty club in Toronto called the El Macambo...right when Keith got busted for heroin by the RCMP.

Canada's Prime Minister's wife (Margaret Trudeau) was hanging out with the band at the show ....and after.(and I think she even followed them to New York City after...it was quite the scandal).

The gig at the El Mocambo was actually booked by a band called April Wine,it was supposed to be their night...but they ended up being the opening band for the Stones.April Wine also relased a live album from that gig (it's quite good).

It was a complete surprise gig by the Stones...they were billed as the Cockroaches.

I remember listening to the Toronto radio station while the gig's were going on,everyone was blown away...they really made a big deal about it...it was fun to listen to.

Yep. That's what made it special. Keith later said he enjoyed playing in a small club, and actually feel and hear the band, rather than playing in a huge stadium.

After the gig, Margaret Trudeau had an affair with Ron Wood. At first they tried to get her to get Keith out of trouble, I'm not quite sure how the deal ended up.

"Cracking Up" is an incredible song

Yep. That's what made it special. Keith later said he enjoyed playing in a small club, and actually feel and hear the band, rather than playing in a huge stadium.

After the gig, Margaret Trudeau had an affair with Ron Wood. At first they tried to get her to get Keith out of trouble, I'm not quite sure how the deal ended up.

A blind Stones fan wrote a letter to the judge involved in Keith's case and pleaded on Keith's behalf,requesting leniency.The sentence was for Keith to play a benefit gig for the blind.The concert took place in Oshawa (half way between Ottawa and Toronto).Two friends of mine camped out in Toronto for DAYS to get tickets and actually got in.

My one friend snuck some fairly expensive camera gear in and took some stunning photos.He enlarged a particularly excellent pic of Mick and framed it...it's really amazing!

I wish I knew where he was today...I'd love to get copies of theose pics!

By the way...to this day Keith refers to that fan as his blind angel.

A blind Stones fan wrote a letter to the judge involved in Keith's case and pleaded on Keith's behalf,requesting leniency.The sentence was for Keith to play a benefit gig for the blind.The concert took place in Oshawa (half way between Ottawa and Toronto).Two friends of mine camped out in Toronto for DAYS to get tickets and actually got in.

My one friend snuck some fairly expensive camera gear in and took some stunning photos.He enlarged a particularly excellent pic of Mick and framed it...it's really amazing!

I wish I knew where he was today...I'd love to get copies of theose pics!

By the way...to this day Keith refers to that fan as his blind angel.

Ah yeah, I knew that story, didn't know it was the same case

Really cool how it all links up, the Stones are legend