Soundgarden: The Best Band of the 90's

Axl Knows

Yep, better than the other grunge contenders, Nirvana and Pearl Jam. Less commercial appeal, but who cares? SG had a better vocalist, were better songwriters, more skilled musicians, and wrote better fucking songs. Badmotorfinger takes a big shit on Nevermind and Superunknown pisses on In Utero. Jesus Christ Pose is the heaviest song of all time.

Anyway, Soundgarden were by far the best band of the 90's full fuckin' stop. Can't wait to see them now that they've reuinited. Chris's voice is coming back, he sounded amazing at the reunion show.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great band.

Definitely a contender for band of the 90's. Superunknown and Down on the Upside are definitely great records; but the band of the 90's imo, is U2.

By the way, Jesus Christ Pose is a excellant track, but Pretty Noose and My Wave are Soundgarden's best, imo.

Edited by SunnyDRE

Great band.

Definitely a contender for band of the 90's. Superunknown and Down on the Upside are definitely great records; but the band of the 90's imo, is U2.

By the way, Jesus Christ Pose is a excellant track, but Pretty Noose and My Wave are Soundgarden's best, imo.

My Wave kicks ass, but then Superuknown is the only album I have where I never skip a single track ever. If I put it on it's always from start to finish.

Better 90s bands, Oasis, Nirvana, thank you, come again :)

Nirvana were actually kind of like Soundgarden's retarded, less talented cousin. Oasis were and always will be joke, almost as bad as The Verve. I was at one of their last shows. Worst live band I've seen.

I actually always found Soundgarden the blandest out of all those bands from the 90s, although Cornell probably had the nuttiest voice. I gave them a chance a year or two back and they never clicked. Maybe I should go back to them.

Nirvana were actually kind of like Soundgarden's retarded, less talented cousin.

:rofl-lol: No fucking way. Soundgarden is a really good band, but Nirvana is a fucking great band.

Don't kid yourself. Nirvana's best wouldn't be fit to be Soundgarden B-sides. Superunknown was probably a factor in Cobain's suicide. He just knew he couldn't match that kind of songwriting. It's not a coincidence that Cobain killed himself a month after Superunknown was released.

Edited by Axl Knows

Nirvana were actually kind of like Soundgarden's retarded, less talented cousin.

:rofl-lol: No fucking way. Soundgarden is a really good band, but Nirvana is a fucking great band.

Don't kid yourself. Nirvana's best wouldn't be fit to be Soundgarden B-sides. Superunknown was probably a factor in Cobain's suicide. He just knew he couldn't match that kind of songwriting. It's not a coincidence that it was released a month before his death.

You're right. Soundgarden was so awesome that Kurt Cobain had to shoot himself.

Now go lay by your dish.

I actually always found Soundgarden the blandest out of all those bands from the 90s, although Cornell probably had the nuttiest voice. I gave them a chance a year or two back and they never clicked. Maybe I should go back to them.

I can understand that.

When I was younger I would listen to them, like they were going out of style; but these days I have to be in the mood for Cornell's voice, and even then I only enjoy certain songs. Not full albums like before.

You're right. Soundgarden was so awesome that Kurt Cobain had to shoot himself.

Now go lay by your dish.

I never said that the release of Superunknown caused Cobain to kill himself, I said that I believe it was a factor in his suicide. It was just so much better than anything Nirvana had put out that Kurt must have felt pretty daunted. SG stole the crown from Nirvana with that album and cemented themselves as the best band from the Seattle scene.

Guest Len B'stard

Who wrote better songs, were more powerful live, wrote better tunes.

Oasis were and always will be joke, almost as bad as The Verve. I was at one of their last shows. Worst live band I've seen.

Oasis are good a rock n roll band as our times will produce and you can quote me on that. Name one song, one single song, just the one i said and no more, songs by Soundgarden that are even worthy of mention beside Live Forever, Cigarettes & Alcohol, Champagne Supernova or shit, even Liams I'm Outta Time.

Answer, none.

never said that the release of Superunknown caused Cobain to kill himself, I said that I believe it was a factor in his suicide. It was just so much better than anything Nirvana had put out that Kurt must have felt pretty daunted.

:rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol: back to bed

Edited by sugaraylen

Oasis were and always will be joke, almost as bad as The Verve. I was at one of their last shows. Worst live band I've seen.

Oasis are good a rock n roll band as our times will produce and you can quote me on that. Name one song, one single song, just the one i said and no more, songs by Soundgarden that are even worthy of mention beside Live Forever, Cigarettes & Alcohol, Champagne Supernova or shit, even Liams I'm Outta Time.

Answer, none.

Better than anything Oasis or Nirvana ever did: Beyond The Wheel, Big Dumb Sex, Jesus Christ Pose, Outshined, Rusty Cage, Slaves and Bulldozers, Superunknown, Let Me Drown, Spoonman, My Wave, The Day I Tried To Live, Fell On Black Days, Blow Up The Outside World, Burden In My Hand, Ty Cobb, Pretty Noose and helluva lot more.

Guest Len B'stard

Answer, none.

Better than anything Oasis or Nirvana ever did: Beyond The Wheel, Big Dumb Sex, Jesus Christ Pose, Outshined, Rusty Cage, Slaves and Bulldozers, Superunknown, Let Me Drown, Spoonman, My Wave, The Day I Tried To Live, Fell On Black Days, Blow Up The Outside World, Burden In My Hand, Ty Cobb, Pretty Noose and helluva lot more.

Please, Soundgarden are fuckin boring. Nothing stands out about them, atypical Seattle bullshit...like elevator music. Noel Gallaghers fuckin B sides are better than that, c'mon man, you're supposed to be impressing here.

Edited by sugaraylen