Axl and Light My Fire

JAxlMorrison

Back when the MSL controversy was going on, it was revealed that one of the new song titles was "Light My Fire." Now, I've read Axl had quite the Jim Morrison obsession going on in the early 90s, and there's a clip of Axl doing Light My Fire live in the 2006 era I believe. My questions are, do you believe that GNR did cover this, do you think it would be any good, and do you think we will ever hear it?

Really? I love Axl and Morrison (obvious by the choice of screenname) but I am not so sure his vocal stylings would mesh well covering the very low style of Jimbo.

We all know Axl's creativity with covering music. He can take almost anything and make it sound great :)

I know exactly what you mean, but I think Axl would be able to successfully combine a Doors melody on one hand with his personal musical style on the other hand. I wouldn't have thought that Knockin on Heaven's Door would be a great GNR tune - until they made it.

So I'd simply be optimistic.

Light my fire

Freaking nice thanks for the link. I'd love a studio version

that was always one of my favourite clips from '06 - i have the recording on my ipod.

people love or hate axl's voice (just look at the comments from doors fans) but i love when he does that upper registry thing. i wish we'd heard more of his singing over the years - when i see stuff like that, it kinda makes me sad that so little music has come about.