Welcome to mygnrforum.com Guns N' Roses Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

A bit OT: At 1212 Benefit Show kanye wearing blk leather kilt and jersey like 92 Axl'

• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

Cockaroachsoup2011

Cockaroachsoup2011

• Returned
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • 30-June 11
in addition to Kanye's Axl-like wardrobe, I just have to say--like they did at the 9/11 tribute--The Who flat out rocked! Incredible how well their songs come off live! Kanye is stinking it up, but Paul McCartney is about to play, so worth tuning in if you haven't yet.

jellyzero

jellyzero

Senior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 520 posts
  • 17-January 03
He's in the kilt so I keep waiting for some fucked up version of Live & Let Die but I don't think it's going to happen. I think he's mainly there since he doesn't require much room for his "band" and they can set up the stage for the next act.

gunsguy

gunsguy

FRONTMAN

• Media and Brand Ambassador
  • 19,428 posts
  • 28-December 02
He sounded worse than ass, I mean wtf was that?

axlrare.jpg

bacardimayne

bacardimayne

Fatter than ever

• SILVER
  • 16,510 posts
  • 10-May 08
anyone who thinks that was bad is an old man or a metal fan

dQOAHSG.png

gunsguy

gunsguy

FRONTMAN

• 19,428 posts
  • 28-December 02

Really? It wasn't just bad it was horrible. And I kinda dig some of his shit too. That was really fucking bad, and the autotune and background noises were annoying as hell

axlrare.jpg

bacardimayne

bacardimayne

Fatter than ever

• SILVER
  • 16,510 posts
  • 10-May 08

Really? It wasn't just bad it was horrible. And I kinda dig some of his shit too. That was really fucking bad, and the autotune and background noises were annoying as hell

Kanye is one of the best live performers in the rap business.

dQOAHSG.png

gunsguy

gunsguy

FRONTMAN

• 19,428 posts
  • 28-December 02

That is not saying alot here man, if that is rap's best I feel really bad for the genre :(

axlrare.jpg

Vincent Vega

Vincent Vega

FRONTMAN

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,662 posts
  • 30-March 06

That's not really saying much. That's basically saying he's just the shiniest turd.
-Member formerly known as Mr. Miser/Honky Chateau/Memnoch the Devil/Indigo Child/Clark Gable/Virgil Caine-
GUNS N' ROSES = AXL, SLASH, IZZY, DUFF, STEVEN

gunsguy

gunsguy

FRONTMAN

• 19,428 posts
  • 28-December 02
At very least he could have at least performed live ...

axlrare.jpg

bacardimayne

bacardimayne

Fatter than ever

• SILVER
  • 16,510 posts
  • 10-May 08

That's not really saying much. That's basically saying he's just the shiniest turd.

hue hue hue

dQOAHSG.png

gunsguy

gunsguy

FRONTMAN

• 19,428 posts
  • 28-December 02

hue hue hue

heavy background, no musicians, autotune, etc etc etc seems like a talented performer to me. Maybe I am wrong though, I would not pay $0.01 to see this travisty

axlrare.jpg

bacardimayne

bacardimayne

Fatter than ever

• SILVER
  • 16,510 posts
  • 10-May 08

he did perform live, you dense fuck. the autotune is a part of the song, go listen to the album.

hue hue hue

heavy background, no musicians, autotune, etc etc etc seems like a talented performer to me. Maybe I am wrong though, I would not pay $0.01 to see this travisty

The "heavy background" was nothing more than what Axl was doing in 2010 with the backing track. He was performing over it, not behind it.

Not even going to respond to "no musicians" since it's clear you're an idiot who doesn't understand how rock music works.

I've already addressed the autotune.

dQOAHSG.png

gunsguy

gunsguy

FRONTMAN

• 19,428 posts
  • 28-December 02

he did perform live, you dense fuck. the autotune is a part of the song, go listen to the album.

Wait autotune = live?

hue hue hue

The "heavy background" was nothing more than what Axl was doing in 2010 with the backing track. He was performing over it, not behind it.

Not even going to respond to "no musicians" since it's clear you're an idiot who doesn't understand how rock music works.

I've already addressed the autotune.

Rock music? LOL wtf. last band I saw had musicians on stage.

axlrare.jpg

bacardimayne

bacardimayne

Fatter than ever

• SILVER
  • 16,510 posts
  • 10-May 08

Wait autotune = live?

yes, autotune is still performing live. just because there's an effect on the mic doesn't change that, especially when it's a part of the song on the album that's necessary to perform the song right.

rap music, my bad

dQOAHSG.png

gunsguy

gunsguy

FRONTMAN

• 19,428 posts
  • 28-December 02

Wait autotune = live?

yes, autotune is still performing live. just because there's an effect on the mic doesn't change that, especially when it's a part of the song on the album that's necessary to perform the song right.

rap music, my bad

To me using autotune live is akain to lip syncing. IMO. Anyway if he was using computer enhanced vocals I can't imagine how he would have sounded live. I feel bad for the genre seriously I am not trying to stir the pot I am feeling like rap must be almost finished if that is the genre's best live singer. That fucking sucks man

Anyway back to the kilt, I did not find it near as shocking as many did on twitter (too young to remember Axl apparently)

Edited by gunsguy, 12 December 2012 - 11:56 PM.

axlrare.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users