Stockholm question

Can i ask whats the quickest way too get from Arlanda too Fridhemsplan the Flybus goes direct  or would the Arlanda Express too Stockholm central then bus too Fridhemsplan my Hotels right by Fridhemsplan..??

On 24.6.2017 at 11:49 AM, Gavin82 said:

Can i ask whats the quickest way too get from Arlanda too Fridhemsplan the Flybus goes direct  or would the Arlanda Express too Stockholm central then bus too Fridhemsplan my Hotels right by Fridhemsplan..??

I would think a taxi is the quickest. Or have a rented supercar ready.

I'd say the options are fairly equal. If there is a direct Flygbussarna bus that is probably both the cheapest and quickest option (I'd guess 119 SEK, 45 mins), however it's not the main Flygbussarna bus line so perhaps it doesn't depart as often. 

Arlanda express + bus 1 is also doable. The train is 270 sek or something and it's around 20 minutes to the central station. Bus 1 is close by and only 5-10 minutes to Fridhemsplan but I guess you have to find the bus stop, which is not that easy because it's not really a bus station but just a small stop on a street close by, and also I am not sure how you pay when you are new in town. You might have to download an app or buy a card at a convenience store.

Taxis have fixed prices from about 470 to 530 SEK from Arlanda to central Stockholm so if you are two people that is cheaper and of course easier. The ride should be 35-50 mins depending on traffic. Just make sure to ONLY use well known companies like Taxi Stockholm, Kurir or 020. Tourists are known to be ripped off by less serious drivers and unfortunately you have to pay (I have heard horror stories about 9000 SEK but at least 2000 SEK is common). 

Edited by Changes
  • Like 1

Thanks mate sound advice there is a direct bus 185SEK return if brought online 

Ive just been reading about the horror taxi prices YOU have too argree  a price before travel or end up getting rinsed,,,,,, £££££££

From what you say train or bus would take same time due to  change at Central st

The Hotel  is few yards from Fridhemplam so i guess Bus it is

Once again thanks

5 minutes ago, Gavin82 said:

Thanks mate sound advice there is a direct bus 185SEK return if brought online 

Ive just been reading about the horror taxi prices YOU have too argree  a price before travel or end up getting rinsed,,,,,, £££££££

From what you say train or bus would take same time due to  change at Central st

The Hotel  is few yards from Fridhemplam so i guess Bus it is

Once again thanks

Bus will do great but if you want to take a taxi just make sure to go with one of the companies I listed. There is a perfectly organized system outside terminal 5 with specific lines for each of the big companies (marked by signs) and one or some lines for the rest. You won't miss it and just ask for the price before you get in. Around 500 SEK is reasonable. 

Edited by Changes
  • Like 1