"Come on Beta, you can't believe everything you read on the Internet" in response to rumors of Slash's inclusion heard by Rose's rep Beta Lebeis."

vaida

?

I never said I was not female. The only thing I have been stupid about is trying to discuss anything with you. You are continuely arguing with someone on this board about something. I guess tonight you decided it would be me. I really do no care what you think about me. Because in my opionin you are lower than whale shit.

So it is your opionin that Slash is a retard because he got away from a man that was/is so full of hatred and resentment that he could not funciton most of the time. I guess your right Slash should have stayed there and let his career die just like Axl's has. Maybe if he would have stayed, he would have gotten the chance to help the other guys in the band talk about new music that never comes on this last tour. I know that he will never get over missing that chance.

Redhead

No just putting my 2 cents worth in, which I am fully entitled to do, whether you like it or not......honey.

Yeah honey 2 cents is about what it was worth. But I agree you are entitled to it! :rolleyes:

Shit floats, which would put whale shit pretty high up from the ocean floor. You don't need to idolize me. So if Slash had kept his share of the name, he couldn't do anything solo right? That makes about as much sense as your whale shit analogy.

I'm always arguing with somebody huh? Only people that blind themselves like yourself.

I'm tired of you! Go try to find yourself a friend maybe a real person that you can actually see. I guess I'll stay blind, everyone cannot see the light. I'll let Slash know that he is confused, he is not happy he is a retard! Because he did not stay with GNR and be Axl and Beta's employee. He signed over the name because he wanted to play and make music he should have let Axl walk that night. Tell me does this make Duff and Izzy retards also.

Knowing what you know about Axl do you think Slash would have been able to have anykind of solo career

Of course it makes Duff and Izzy retards too. He should have let Axl walk even though Axl was never going to. Seems to me that Snakepit came out before he quit the band, so a better question is could Axl have stopped him?

If he hadn't did the dumb thing and signed over the name, either Axl would have, or we would have another album along with Slash's solo stuff. The only thing that would realistically be at risk is VR, and I would gladly trade both VR albums for 1 new Guns record.

Probably if they had not signed over the name that night Axl would have kept his word and not gone on. None of us know how long he could have kept that up. Slash did Snakepit but I think that was before he was presented with the contract making him an employee. I doubt in the present GNR enviorment that Slash would be allowed to do his on thing. Axl was not even going to let Slash work with the guitar player that he wanted. They would have killed each other if he would have stayed. Can you see really Slash in that band now

That's assuming that Axl ever threatened to not go on stage. As he said in the chats, he would have been laughed out of court when Slash and Duff sued him for the name if he had pulled that. Slash would never be an employee if he hadn't signed over the name, so nobody could stop him from doing anything solo. Even if he had become an employee, I don't see Axl stopping Ron, Richard and DJ from doing their solo thing. They have all released solo stuff since joining the band.

But that's a whole different scenario. I am only talking if Slash hadn't signed over the name.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

?

I never said I was not female. The only thing I have been stupid about is trying to discuss anything with you. You are continuely arguing with someone on this board about something. I guess tonight you decided it would be me. I really do no care what you think about me. Because in my opionin you are lower than whale shit.

So it is your opionin that Slash is a retard because he got away from a man that was/is so full of hatred and resentment that he could not funciton most of the time. I guess your right Slash should have stayed there and let his career die just like Axl's has. Maybe if he would have stayed, he would have gotten the chance to help the other guys in the band talk about new music that never comes on this last tour. I know that he will never get over missing that chance.

Redhead

No just putting my 2 cents worth in, which I am fully entitled to do, whether you like it or not......honey.

Yeah honey 2 cents is about what it was worth. But I agree you are entitled to it! :rolleyes:

Shit floats, which would put whale shit pretty high up from the ocean floor. You don't need to idolize me. So if Slash had kept his share of the name, he couldn't do anything solo right? That makes about as much sense as your whale shit analogy.

I'm always arguing with somebody huh? Only people that blind themselves like yourself.

I'm tired of you! Go try to find yourself a friend maybe a real person that you can actually see. I guess I'll stay blind, everyone cannot see the light. I'll let Slash know that he is confused, he is not happy he is a retard! Because he did not stay with GNR and be Axl and Beta's employee. He signed over the name because he wanted to play and make music he should have let Axl walk that night. Tell me does this make Duff and Izzy retards also.

Knowing what you know about Axl do you think Slash would have been able to have anykind of solo career

Of course it makes Duff and Izzy retards too. He should have let Axl walk even though Axl was never going to. Seems to me that Snakepit came out before he quit the band, so a better question is could Axl have stopped him?

If he hadn't did the dumb thing and signed over the name, either Axl would have, or we would have another album along with Slash's solo stuff. The only thing that would realistically be at risk is VR, and I would gladly trade both VR albums for 1 new Guns record.

Probably if they had not signed over the name that night Axl would have kept his word and not gone on. None of us know how long he could have kept that up. Slash did Snakepit but I think that was before he was presented with the contract making him an employee. I doubt in the present GNR enviorment that Slash would be allowed to do his on thing. Axl was not even going to let Slash work with the guitar player that he wanted. They would have killed each other if he would have stayed. Can you see really Slash in that band now

That's assuming that Axl ever threatened to not go on stage. As he said in the chats, he would have been laughed out of court when Slash and Duff sued him for the name if he had pulled that. Slash would never be an employee if he hadn't signed over the name, so nobody could stop him from doing anything solo. Even if he had become an employee, I don't see Axl stopping Ron, Richard and DJ from doing their solo thing. They have all released solo stuff since joining the band.

But that's a whole different scenario. I am only talking if Slash hadn't signed over the name.

Everyone meaning Duff, Slash, Niven say Axl did threaten but like you say that is another convo. If Slash was still in the band I cannot see him having the freedom to do what he does now. And like I said before can you see him working for Axl and Team Brazil? Slash and Axl did not even want to make the same kind of music. I guess Duff would have not left if Slash had not left JMO.

Everyone meaning Duff, Slash, Niven say Axl did threaten but like you say that is another convo. If Slash was still in the band I cannot see him having the freedom to do what he does now. And like I said before can you see him working for Axl and Team Brazil? Slash and Axl did not even want to make the same kind of music. I guess Duff would have not left if Slash had not left JMO.

I would not want him to be an employee of Axl, or Team Brazil. He wouldn't be if he hadn't sold his rights.

Niven wasn't there. Goldstein told Slash and Duff that Axl wouldn't play. Canter believes that Goldstien made that up on his own. I tend to agree with him because it's the only thing that really makes sense.

Edit: Don't make me look that one up too. It's in Canter Banter somewhere if you don't believe me.

Edited by Damn_Smooth

I would not want him to be an employee of Axl, or Team Brazil. He wouldn't be if he hadn't sold his rights.

Niven wasn't there. Goldstein told Slash and Duff that Axl wouldn't play. Canter believes that Goldstien made that up on his own. I tend to agree with him because it's the only thing that really makes sense.

Edit: Don't make me look that one up too. It's in Canter Banter somewhere if you don't believe me.

Axl wanted the name everyone agrees with that. We all differ on how it happened but no one doubts he wanted the name. Say Slash and Duff refused and are still refusing where do you think Axl would be in the band dynamic? They signed it over because they felt they had no choice. They apparantly though Axl meant what he was saying. Or what Goldstein said he was saying take you pick. Marc says the band would have broken up anyway.

Niven was not there but Marc was not either. I remember Marc saying when Slash's Mom died that Goldstein called him and ask him to tell Slash he was sorry for the way he handled things. It's to bad Goldstein has never been interviewed about his part in this. Slash was asked in an interview last year if he hated anybody he said no. But if he was to it would have been GNR management at the time the band broke up.

Edited by sleeper

Axl wanted the name everyone agrees with that. We all differ on how it happened but no one doubts he wanted the name. Say Slash and Duff refused and are still refusing where do you think Axl would be in the band dynamic? They signed it over because they felt they had no choice. They apparantly though Axl meant what he was saying. Or what Goldstein said he was saying take you pick. Marc says the band would have broken up anyway.

Niven was not there but Marc was not either. I remember Marc saying when Slash's Mom died that Goldstein called him and ask him to tell Slash he was sorry for the way he handled things. It's to bad Goldstein has never been interviewed about his part in this. Slash was asked in an interview last year if he hated anybody he said no. But if he was to it would have been GNR management at the time the band broke up.

Even if they had broken up, it would still be better if Slash hadn't sold his rights. Then nobody would be using the name and we would have a lot more material from Axl, all of the music from everybody else, and a shot at a reunion.

There is no way that Axl pulled the I won't go on stage until you sign the name over to me. I just would not work legally.

I think Axl was the only one of them at the time that wasn't fucked up on drugs or booze and the management along with Axl wanted to make sure that if any of the others could not perform they could be replaced or if one of them die it would make it easier to keep the GNR brand going.

As far as the Guitar Hero lawsuit Axl had a right to ask this of of the the people behind the game agree to his demands he owns the GNR name and is out with a whole new band. I don't see that as being a dumb ass move. But if Activision agreed to Axls terms then they should have to pay him a settlement.

To all the haters if you had an agreement with a person or company about how you want things to be and it is agreed to and then the agreement was not honored then most likely you would sue.

Even if they had broken up, it would still be better if Slash hadn't sold his rights. Then nobody would be using the name and we would have a lot more material from Axl, all of the music from everybody else, and a shot at a reunion.

I have to agree about that in the fact that since Axl owns the name there cannot be a reunion. A lot of people do not realize that would keep a reunion from happening. But I think if he did not own the name he would not be performing. I don't think he could have built a solo career, he has hardly done anything owning the name JMO.

A reunion is over rated JMO and none of them are interested. I think some of them would have liked a one off at the HOF but that's it. Except for Steven.

I have to agree about that in the fact that since Axl owns the name there cannot be a reunion. A lot of people do not realize that would keep a reunion from happening. But I think if he did not own the name he would not be performing. I don't think he could have built a solo career, he has hardly done anything owning the name JMO.

A reunion is over rated JMO and none of them are interested. I think some of them would have liked a one off at the HOF but that's it. Except for Steven.

I disagree. I think that Axl would have been much more productive without having to try to rebuild Guns. He would have way less pressure on him. Going solo is way easier than trying to continue something that was so big.

A reunion isn't something I'm very interested in either, but the possibility that it could someday happen would please a lot more people than us.

would

I disagree. I think that Axl would have been much more productive without having to try to rebuild Guns. He would have way less pressure on him. Going solo is way easier than trying to continue something that was so big.

A reunion isn't something I'm very interested in either, but the possibility that it could someday happen would please a lot more people than us.

You might be right. But he already had the name he could have left it alone and went forward with music under the name of Axl Rose if he had wanted to. If the name was still under Slash/Duff/Axl it would make a reunion easier. But the fact that Axl/Slash dynamic would still be there would still make it impossible.

Edited by sleeper

You might be right. But he already had the name he could have left it alone and went forward with music under the name of Axl Rose if he had wanted to. If the name was still under Slash/Duff/Axl it would make a reunion easier. But the fact that Axl/Slash dynamic would still be there would still make it impossible.

He could have, but he wanted to prove he could do it. Everything took too long though, and we are where we are.

I don't think the Axl/Slash dynamic would be anywhere near as bad if they needed each other to perform as GN'R.

Well a Slash Vs. Axl fight had to appear again at one point. What was the original topic again? Something about Guitar Hero?

(back on track)

Axl Rose suing Activision over inclusion of Slash in Guitar Hero 3

Indeed, Rose's filing asserts that Activision explicitly promised not to use images of any former members of GnR in the game. Even more surprising, Activision EVP of Music Affairs Tim Riley is quoted as saying "Come on Beta, you can't believe everything you read on the Internet" in response to rumors of Slash's inclusion heard by Rose's rep Beta Lebeis."

source

Edited by vaida